BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship Season 2020 - 2021

6 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Just saw that Bolton have taken a young keeper from Fleetwood on loan.

If you’d have said 10 years ago to a Bolton fan that they’d be getting hand me downs from Fleetwood Town...

You’ve got to laugh 

Would be a very strange appointment considering the names linked with interviews etc to employ a complete novice. No wonder the fans will not be happy. Hughton the obvious choice and even though Cook is a knobhead you cant argue with his record. If they appoint a novice coach I would welcome it as I suspect that they wont be a majpr threat.

I can only presume that it was Hughton who put the brakes on that appointment. His record at this level is superb. His last season in it he took Brighton up, then kept them in the league twice. 

Even now, for all of the Graham Potter hype, hes not improved on Hughtons 15th place finish. For all of the hot air regarding "nicer football" its only useful if it improves results.

8 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Would be a very strange appointment considering the names linked with interviews etc to employ a complete novice. No wonder the fans will not be happy. Hughton the obvious choice and even though Cook is a knobhead you cant argue with his record. If they appoint a novice coach I would welcome it as I suspect that they wont be a majpr threat.

I can only presume that it was Hughton who put the brakes on that appointment. His record at this level is superb. His last season in it he took Brighton up, then kept them in the league twice. 

Even now, for all of the Graham Potter hype, hes not improved on Hughtons 15th place finish. For all of the hot air regarding "nicer football" its only useful if it improves results.

why do presume that it was Hughton who put the brakes on? maybe his interview wasn't good or his wage and coaching staff demand are too much for the club? or maybe he doesn't agree with the Board there on the way forward. If you remember they have been reports by local journalists in Bristol they want a head coach not a manager. 

Was Cook even interview by them? Does he fit into what they want in terms of head coach. 

They supposedly interviewed 8 people from what I read in the local articles. So if he fits what type of person then so be it. 

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

why do presume that it was Hughton who put the brakes on? maybe his interview wasn't good or his wage and coaching staff demand are too much for the club? or maybe he doesn't agree with the Board there on the way forward. If you remember they have been reports by local journalists in Bristol they want a head coach not a manager. 

Was Cook even interview by them? Does he fit into what they want in terms of head coach. 

They supposedly interviewed 8 people from what I read in the local articles. So if he fits what type of person then so be it. 

His interview wasnt good :lol: sorry Mr Hughton you may have a brilliant record at this level but you seemed a bit nervous in your interview so weve appointed a novice instead.

Doesnt agree on the way forward? Doesnt fit the type of person? Cliches that usually come when someone isnt good enough

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

His interview wasnt good :lol: sorry Mr Hughton you may have a brilliant record at this level but you seemed a bit nervous in your interview so weve appointed a novice instead.

Doesnt agree on the way forward? Doesnt fit the type of person? Cliches that usually come when someone isnt good enough

You keep bringing on Hughton's record but his Bristol City board don't feel that he isn't right man to take them forward and their strategy of of head coach not manager then why appoint him. Hughton was once a novice when he was Newcastle head coach. 

When you read the local Bristol paper who have reported what Bristol City want from their next coach and their plan for future. have you ever took their chance read those article and understand what the Owner of the club actually want going forward?

• Moderation Lead
Just now, chaddyrovers said:

You keep bringing on Hughton's record but his Bristol City board don't feel that he isn't right man to take them forward and their strategy of of head coach not manager then why appoint him. Hughton was once a novice when he was Newcastle head coach. 

When you read the local Bristol paper who have reported what Bristol City want from their next coach and their plan for future. have you ever took their chance read those article and understand what the Owner of the club actually want going forward?

Do you not reckon promotion should trump all of those things though? It’s a big risk to get a rookie in over someone who’s been there, done that and obtained the t-shirt....

Again, just because the Bristol City board want something, doesn’t mean it’s the right or most logical thing....

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

If Bristol City appoint Holden as manager it will be for one reason and that is that he is cheap.

8 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

Do you not reckon promotion should trump all of those things though? It’s a big risk to get a rookie in over someone who’s been there, done that and obtained the t-shirt....

Again, just because the Bristol City board want something, doesn’t mean it’s the right or most logical thing....

100%. There is no possible other objective or aim that can trump winning promotion, no matter what anyone says.

I bet that either Hughton has turned them down, he priced himself out of it or of course there is potential that Bristol City have simply made the decision which is almost certainly an illogical one, or a masterstroke. I know what my money is on!