BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship Season 2020 - 2021

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

I dont think Dyche told his players that they had no chance of surviving when they first came up. Thats the bit that would be hard to swallow. The problem is that feel people seem to think the only 2 options are wreckless gambles on big earners or accepting relegation before youve kicked a ball.

but did Dyche know the didn't have the money to complete the 1st time but did second time and able to get the players he wanted?

I can totally understand why Norwich took the approach they did. 

Strange goings on at Reading. Mark Bowen reverting back to being Director of Football and stepping down as manager. Strange because he did a pretty decent job. Also yesterday their Chief Executive resigned and was replaced by one of the owners friends.

Edited by JHRover
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Strange goings on at Reading. Mark Bowen reverting back to being Director of Football and stepping down as manager. Strange because he did a pretty decent job. Also yesterday their Chief Executive resigned and was replaced by one of the owners friends.

Very strange goings at Reading that they changing head coach a week and half into pre season training. They were rumours on twitter yesterday about this happening. Bowen has been working a new formation and trying to bring in players that suit that formation. 

Looks like a foreign head coach and staff will be coming in. Wouldn't be surprise if there is an agent involved aswell. who has promised the owner and new CEO this and that. 

The wage bill is huge there. 

Reading line up Serbian coach Aleksandar Stanojevic as their new manager with Mark Bowen moving upstairs as sporting director and in charge of transfers

https://www.footballinsider247.com/exclusive-reading-line-up-move-to-appoint-46-yr-old-as-new-manager/?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1598368059

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Reading line up Serbian coach Aleksandar Stanojevic as their new manager with Mark Bowen moving upstairs as sporting director and in charge of transfers

https://www.footballinsider247.com/exclusive-reading-line-up-move-to-appoint-46-yr-old-as-new-manager/?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1598368059

Just looking at his history his last club was Beijing Renhe, pretty sure they are owned by the same people as Reading are.

14 hours ago, tonygreenbank said:

Feeling quietly confident for this season. Does anyone have any good odds on us reaching the playoffs? I’ve seen 7/2 on my usual site which aren’t the most tempting odds?

We had a pretty rotten end to the season and that often carries on to the next so why the confidence? 

15 minutes ago, Parsonblue said:

I must admit that I was surprised our game against Bournemouth hasn't been chosen for Sky.  Guess it will be a case of watching on Bournemouth's iFollow.

Although it's confusing, I don't think it says anywhere in the comms that the away side can't sell a match pass for games, it just says the away games at weekends won't be included in the ST package. 

5 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

We had a pretty rotten end to the season and that often carries on to the next so why the confidence? 

I don’t think there are any stand out teams this season plus our impressive line up of youngsters plus my usual optimism at the start of any season! ?

Perhaps I’m just kidding myself but it’s always better to be positive!

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Although it's confusing, I don't think it says anywhere in the comms that the away side can't sell a match pass for games, it just says the away games at weekends won't be included in the ST package. 

Correct. All EFL clubs can show all of their games that are not live on Sky for a fee. The club selling the streaming service keep the fee, after I assume EFL and the providers take a cut.

STs have separate rules.

Away games not being available for free to STs is logical.

2 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Correct. All EFL clubs can show all of their games that are not live on Sky for a fee. The club selling the streaming service keep the fee, after I assume EFL and the providers take a cut.

STs have separate rules.

Away games not being available for free to STs is logical.

So can Rovers sell match passes for B'mouth and do Rovers keep the money?

5 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Thanks. Whole new ball game for away sides making money out of ticket (streaming) sales at League games. I bet Waggott hopes fans never get back in the stadium!!

It's a Covid driven measure so temporary and subject to ongoing review.

Personally I think it's the start of all top league games, PL and EFL, being available online for a fee.

Edited by AllRoverAsia

QPR could be in big trouble this season. Warburton said that they will be still looking at frees and loans despite selling Eze. Hugill has also gone back, Wells was there for half a season and wont be this season. Warburton a below average manager. They could be right near the bottom and potentially go down.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

QPR could be in big trouble this season. Warburton said that they will be still looking at frees and loans despite selling Eze. Hugill has also gone back, Wells was there for half a season and wont be this season. Warburton a below average manager. They could be right near the bottom and potentially go down.

I wouldn't describe Warburton as below average. He's got a career win percentage of 51% as a manager (Mowbray is 42% for comparison).

Before you start saying that part of that shouldn't count as he was at Rangers, well Mowbray was at Celtic as well.

Mark Hughes has a career win percentage of 38% (he was 43.6% at Rovers and did a good job).

51% win percentage is pretty good.

5 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

I wouldn't describe Warburton as below average. He's got a career win percentage of 51% as a manager (Mowbray is 42% for comparison).

Before you start saying that part of that shouldn't count as he was at Rangers, well Mowbray was at Celtic as well.

But he also did manage Rangers in the 2nd tier. 

• Like 1

Other teams have started to get really busy in the transfer market, with plenty of times having strengthened. Preston havent made a single signing yet.

Birmingham have signed a keeper from Espanyol and Ivan Sanchez who seemingly did very well at Elche, as well as Leko from West Brom and Friend from Boro, seems that Karanka has been very busy. Derby have brought in Marshall, Clarke back from Brighton and Groningen captain te Wierek which has been lined up for a while. They will be a threat this year. Bristol City did well signing Williams from Wigan. Barnsley signed a winger from LASK who played United. Brentford are signing Ivan Toney. Norwich, Forest, Stoke and Swansea have all been very busy too.

We could be playing Bournemouth at an awful time. Due to the bizarre situation whereby the transfer window closes after the season starts, they will seemingly have the majority of their best players, Wilson, Brooks, King etc all still at the club. 

Edited by roversfan99

7 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

QPR needed a few attacking signings before the dealine. 

They did signed Dykes from Scottish Football but you can't be expecting him to score more than 10 goals this coming season