BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship Season 2020 - 2021

6 hours ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

What are the rumours?

All kinds.

Allegedly in a car accident that seriously injured two people, was over the limit and on other substances. 

Allegedly a drug dealer

Allegedly pays drunk people to fight

• Like 2

first game tonight and how do people think it will turn out? 

Expecting a 1-1 draw

Now on the season predictions for the league. I fancy Forest to win the league and have a good squad. Norwich second with their squad. 

Playoffs is wide open for me and 14 teams will be targeting them. I expect us to be one as long as we bring the signings in we need. 

I think Brentford won't make top 6 after selling Watkins and Benrahma likely to go.

Bournemouth will struggle under Tindall and won't be making top 6 this season. closer to the bottom 3 than top 6. 

Reading, Wycombe and Barnsley to go down. 

• Like 1

Brentford seem to be tipped as one of the favourites to win the League, not sure they will be top 2 but they will definitely be up there, pressure on Toney who is a goalscorer to be the third different prolific striker in 3 years for them, Benrahma's future is up in the air but speculation has sort of gone away, but again you'd have faith in them sorting a replacement. But they have more than them 2, Mbuemo is a really good attacker, they have some really good midfielders like Norgaard, Jensen, Da Silva and Marcondes, and last year they built on a brilliant defence, they still have Jansson, Pinnock, Goode now aswell, Rico Henry, Dalsgaard, Raya too if they can keep him. I think people wrongly put their success down to Watkins and Benrahma, they were 2 excellent players but theyve got a brilliant all round team this year.

Watford look incredibly strong and would be my favourites for the title but obviously depends who they keep. That being said, they have loads of depth, so they could shed Deeney, Deulofeu, Pereyra, Welbeck, Sarr, then theyd still have Luis Suarez coming back from Spain, Andre Gray, Glenn Murray, Will Hughes, Perica, Quina, they have a never ending list of quality with others (a left back playing regularly in La Liga and Ben Wilmot too) coming back from loan, if their very interesting new manager can get it all together, they will win it in my opinion. Norwich have made some strange signings like Dowell and Hugill and Bournemouth have lost a couple too but both will be there or there abouts.

Stoke are again tipped to do well and I think that they have a decent chance with their signings. Cardiff with Kieffer Moore and maybe Boro just down to the Warnock factor should be around the top 6 too.

Some crap at the bottom, Wednesday will struggle after the deduction, Wycombe and Rotherham I suspect will go down, Reading have some decent players but god knows whats going on there, Huddersfield look weak, Luton will be down there, Barnsley and Coventry maybe too but probably should both have it in them to stay up.

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

first game tonight and how do people think it will turn out? 

Expecting a 1-1 draw

Now on the season predictions for the league. I fancy Forest to win the league and have a good squad. Norwich second with their squad. 

Playoffs is wide open for me and 14 teams will be targeting them. I expect us to be one as long as we bring the signings in we need. 

I think Brentford won't make top 6 after selling Watkins and Benrahma likely to go.

Bournemouth will struggle under Tindall and won't be making top 6 this season. closer to the bottom 3 than top 6. 

Reading, Wycombe and Barnsley to go down. 

Think your dislike of Brentford/Raya is colouring your view of how well they will do. They know how to replace players they lose - they do it year after year. 

Agree about playoffs, so many teams could make it. Forest for top is a bold prediction but I wonder a) about their lack of stability as a club, especially with managers and b) their mental fortitude - all they had to do was not totally implode and they did. Playoff position for Forest for me. 

Think you are right about Bournemouth. Managers make all the difference. Fulham would have won the league last year with that squad and a better manager. It's all about managers in this division. Well not all about, but a lot. 

Agree about Reading struggling and if not them at least one other basket case club, possibly Birmingham, will go down. Of the two I think Reading are weaker and feel.the instability combined with a manager new to championship might cost them. 

@roversfan99 highlights Wednesdays predicament and 12 points is a lot to make up even if you are a decent team - just ask Wigan. Having a full season of knowing the target will help them but crikey it's a lot of points in a tight league. 

So what am I saying? Nabbing 99's prediction of Watford for top along with Brentford for second. 

Going down I will go with Wednesday, Reading and Rotherham although Luton I feel could also go down and not have the resources to survive. Appreciate it's cheating to have 4 but hey! Its only a message board.

Barnsley have a bit too much fighting spirit and Coventry have a fair few recruits so should scrape enough to survive. 

The playoffs are as easy to predict as the lottery numbers but I will go with Derby (hopefully not) Norwich, Swansea and Forest. But who knows on this one. 

Am sure in 12 months time I'll see how wildly inaccurate I was. And all could change by October with a few key transfers for a team. 

• Like 2