BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship Season 2020 - 2021

18 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Jordan Rhodes scored today for Sheffield Wednesday away at Cardiff. Wonder if he will have a good season this season.

They need him to. 

Still love Jordan me, there’s always goals in there, they just hardly ever played him.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

Been in Bowland Brewery, seen David Dunn, John Buckley and Brad Lyons already...

Happy Sunday lads/lasses!

Two players Dunn wants to take on loan. Be good for both players to get a full season under their belt. I'd prefer a higher league.I wouldn't be averse to their going to Wycombe or Coventry City on loan.

• Moderation Lead
Just now, Richard Oakley said:

Two players Dunn wants to take on loan. Be good for both players to get a full season under their belt. I'd prefer a higher league.I wouldn't be averse to their going to Wycombe or Coventry City on loan.

They were there at different times tbh. Dunn left and then Buckley and Lyons were along for an ice cream not long after. Dunn at least had a pint with the fam....

10 hours ago, Richard Oakley said:

Buckley has no business in League Two. Lyons probably doesn't either. Both could use a League One loan though for me.

My hunch is there will be a significant reward for clubs that instil and train for a shoot on sight policy this season.

The first two goals at Bournemouth suggest that.

Interesting to see Roverseas' analysis that Rovers have had zero chances from inside the six yard box so far this season and 50% of chances have come from outside the 18 yard box.

Early days so statistics are misleading but perhaps we are getting our shooting boots on and maybe a significant factor behind selecting Johnson.

• Backroom
1 hour ago, philipl said:

My hunch is there will be a significant reward for clubs that instil and train for a shoot on sight policy this season.

The first two goals at Bournemouth suggest that.

Interesting to see Roverseas' analysis that Rovers have had zero chances from inside the six yard box so far this season and 50% of chances have come from outside the 18 yard box.

Early days so statistics are misleading but perhaps we are getting our shooting boots on and maybe a significant factor behind selecting Johnson.

Would also explain our extremely poor shots to shots on target ratio. Shooting outside the box is only going to work if we have players who can hit the target from there.