BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship Season 2020 - 2021

1 hour ago, Rogerb said:

Kasey Palmer gone to Swansea on loan from Bristol City. Destined to be a journeyman?

Seems so. Also seems many were right that he is just a show-pony. Bristol stumped up quite a lot of cash for him, so to be loaning him to a rival does not look good.

Getting carried away after I’ve got a babysitter for the weekend, a bottle of JD and the best end to a transfer window I can remember but wouldn’t it be so rovers to get promoted the year we all can’t go. It would be bitter sweet. Obviously getting back to the prem I would be dancing round my living room but after the shit shows and horror performances and players who have darkened the door it would be hard to look back on a wonderful promotion season knowing we’ve spent years traipsing from Southend to Plymouth and the Lowe and akpan years only to miss Dolans trickery and Armstrong screamers and the new grounds of Brentford and Wycombe. I suppose what I’m saying in a long winded grandad rant is I would always think about being at Wycombe or Brentford or a good crowd at Ewood Or god forbid a Wembley win in the play off final and think what could of been not what was. 
How would others feel where we to go up ?

Am I being negative ?

would others feel equally disappointed in what would be a great success ?

• Like 1

Very old fashioned look to the eleven names for Derby this evening.

Look like they have walked off the back page of a 1960's football programme: (Garbage game against Watford so far)

• Marshall
  • Byrne
  • Evans
  • Davies
  • Clarke
  • Buchanan
  • Holmes
  • Bird
  • Shinnie
  • Knight
  • Rooney
Edited by philipl

3 hours ago, Rogerb said:

Kasey Palmer gone to Swansea on loan from Bristol City. Destined to be a journeyman?

3 hours ago, Rogerb said:

1 hour ago, JacknOry said:

Seems so. Also seems many were right that he is just a show-pony. Bristol stumped up quite a lot of cash for him, so to be loaning him to a rival does not look good.

Yep.  Noticed him going on loan and think JacknOry sums it up. Utter show pony. One of the most unimpressive of the TM era. 

May have some technique but my word he really hasn't the brains or nous or application for the game. 

39 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Not really paid much attention to derby but looking at that line up they seem to have gone from top six to bottom six in a transfer window. What’s happened there. Some poor players in that 11

Budget cuts. Plus academy players coming there. Sold Boyle and Lowe. Not invested much of back into the team apart from Marshall and Byrne 

Very surprised Marriott left on loan. No strikers there. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Not really paid much attention to derby but looking at that line up they seem to have gone from top six to bottom six in a transfer window. What’s happened there. Some poor players in that 11

Watched the game. They were absolutely toothless. Felt like they could have played til next Christmas and not scored. Concerning times for them.

Looking at everyone’s business and IMO Swansea have done some decent stuff, despite selling Rodon to Spurs. Not convinced by Palmer as anything other than a squad man, but some other great buys there including Manning and Ryan Bennett. They’ll be there or there abouts.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!

As much as i don't like PNE fans i don't want any local clubs relegated to the bottom leagues,i'd much rather have a championship with Bolton,Blackpool,Wigan in it rather than the one we've got with teams like Luton.Wycombe,Reading etc the build up to local derbies are much better than a week leading up to a game against someone like Reading.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Rogerb said:

Greg Cunningham did his hamstring after 29 minutes against Preston always difficult coming back from a long term injury

A good reason not to rush Dack back into the team,would rather be cautious with him than get him back in too quick and have him out again after a muscle strain.

• Like 3

If Reading can go from relegation candidates to automatic promotion candidates so quickly then we should be making the step up.

I've said all summer that a few clubs will surprise this year and challenge for promotion. Its going to be tough to watch if we aren't one of them.

I still think sides like Millwall, Middlesbrough and Stoke are going to be well equipped with manager's who can deliver consistency.

• Like 2