BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship Season 2020 - 2021

Irrespective of the great win last night we still find ourselves in 12th.  This saturday the teams in 5,6,7,8th all have winnable games and we may find ourselves 8 points away from 6th place.  Mowbray needs to string some wins together .....

I see Boro won 3-0 and arent letting goals in...

Brentford are picking up.

Five teams ahead of us drew last night so we did make progress with that Preston win.

It is going to require consistently good results to haul ourselves back into promotion contention.

We hadn't beaten teams above us but now we have.

Any defeats in the four games following Barnsley will see us slipping back badly again. Millwall, Brentford, Bristol City and Norwich are all promotion six pointers.

The top 11 are all bunched up so the 3 goal margin at PNE was as good as a bonus point.

Edited by philipl
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

Irrespective of the great win last night we still find ourselves in 12th.  This saturday the teams in 5,6,7,8th all have winnable games and we may find ourselves 8 points away from 6th place.  Mowbray needs to string some wins together .....

But they haven't won them yet.

7 hours ago, philipl said:

Five teams ahead of us drew last night so we did make progress with that Preston win.

It is going to require consistently good results to haul ourselves back into promotion contention.

We hadn't beaten teams above us but now we have.

Any defeats in the four games following Barnsley will see us slipping back badly again. Millwall, Brentford, Bristol City and Norwich are all promotion six pointers.

The top 11 are all bunched up so the 3 goal margin at PNE was as good as a bonus point.

Our goal difference is worth a point.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

Boro are going to be there or thereabouts come the end of the season.

• Like 1

A win on Saturday puts us within 3 points of the playoffs whatever the other results are (mainly as Bristol City play Reading). We really need the 3 points given the 4 games that follow, an early goal and another clean sheet please.

Millwall (H), Brentford (A), Bristol City (A), Norwich (H) follow - I'd imagine we'll have a good idea of where we are as a team by mid-December. 6 points vs Barnsley and Millwall will go a long way to cushion the following 3 matches.

It certainly feels more congested than normal at the top, Reading are dropping like a stone and won't be near the playoffs at the end, and I can see Bristol City dropping too. The thing is with Boro and Stoke looking improved and Brentford all outside the top 6 currently we're not the only ones with expectations to push on.

50 minutes ago, superniko said:

A win on Saturday puts us within 3 points of the playoffs whatever the other results are (mainly as Bristol City play Reading). We really need the 3 points given the 4 games that follow, an early goal and another clean sheet please.

Millwall (H), Brentford (A), Bristol City (A), Norwich (H) follow - I'd imagine we'll have a good idea of where we are as a team by mid-December. 6 points vs Barnsley and Millwall will go a long way to cushion the following 3 matches.

It certainly feels more congested than normal at the top, Reading are dropping like a stone and won't be near the playoffs at the end, and I can see Bristol City dropping too. The thing is with Boro and Stoke looking improved and Brentford all outside the top 6 currently we're not the only ones with expectations to push on.

We're capable of winning all four of those games after the Barnsley game but we're also capable of losing them all.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, K-Hod said:

Just checked our GD, joint best in the league, along with Bournemouth. Could be a very handy trick up our sleeve, if we maintain it, come the end of the season!

Very true.

However, I also think there is something seriously wrong that despite having the best GD in the league, and the leagues top goalscorer, we still sit in 12th!

• Like 4

On 24/11/2020 at 15:48, JHRover said:

I actually think this is a smart and astute move by Derby.

McClaren has vast experience, granted not all successful, but he knows the Championship, knows English football and has also worked in Holland, Germany and Israel. He also knows Derby inside out having been manager there twice in recent years.

At the moment they are a bit rudderless with ownership transition and inexperienced caretaker coaches. His advice could be very useful.

With new foreign owners seemingly coming in and having given this appointment their blessing it seems at the very least they recognise the need for someone in there with experience who knows the industry and division to help. That's a good start rather than coming in thinking they know best and running the show like cowboys.

It's probably the equivalent of Venkys appointing Souness as Director of Football when they took over. We all know what they did instead.

Having an experience football man on board advising them seems smart move, but they need a good football head coach. 

Will McClaren become Sporting Director there? With someone like Lee Bowyer as head coach?

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Having an experience football man on board advising them seems smart move, but they need a good football head coach. 

Will McClaren become Sporting Director there? With someone like Lee Bowyer as head coach?

John Terry has gone odds on to get the job, I’d love it if he took them down. Great player JT but as a person, what a scumbag. 

• Like 1

Notice my early season prediction that Reading will fall away is starting to bear truth. They just hit an unbelievable purple patch where everything they hit went in - unfortunately I believe we were the last to fall foul of that run. That match still smarts - 3 shots, 3 goals. 

If Terry joins Derby will it be 'John Terry's Derby' or 'Wayne Rooney's Derby'?

They are rapidly becoming a club to dislike. I've no time at all for Rooney or Terry so both there and it will be great if they get relegated. They've also fiddled FFP for years and got away with it too.

They're just a comedy club now, Big contract to Lamps with no experience, players on the piss, drink driving, crashing and leading to an injury to their own player for a year. Fiddling FFP to get Rooney, and owners selling the stadium to themselves for £80m. JT will be the icing on the cake, what a state they are. If he ends up there, I'd love to see them down in L1

45 minutes ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

Two games against Wycombe and Cov coming up for them next.

Far too early to be saying that they'll decide their season, but lose them both and they'll be in panic stations. 

Alternatively, I see Rooney is in charge against Wycombe and if they win both those games - which is possible - they'll probably panic and end up giving him the job. Which would probably end up being hilarious.

• Like 1