BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship Season 2020 - 2021

Just now, Mr. E said:

How are Derby with all their resources doing so poorly, actually bottom of the league? Really bizarre. 

Width of a post away from losing at the death to Wycome today.

Start of the season they had plenty of injuries up front, but they've had close to a full team for weeks now. Inexplicable. 

Good to see Watford beat Preston. 

Wonder what the PNE forums are like tonight? 

@north_ender what are PNE fans saying after today game? Time for a manager change? Or the owner need to invest in the team more? 

What's your thoughts on Alex Neil and would you like to see a change of manager there? 

Edited by chaddyrovers

52 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

@north_ender what are PNE fans saying after today game? Time for a manager change? Or the owner need to invest in the team more? 

There we go Chaddy , H-T optimism  onwards ,  enjoy :)

https://www.pne-online.net/forum/index.php?threads/match-day-watford-v-pne-28-11-20-ko-15-00-championship.3432017/page-17

Edited by perthblue02
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Good to see Watford beat Preston. 

What's your thoughts on Alex Neil and would you like to see a change of manager there? 

Why is a promotion rival winning against bottom half fodder ‘good to see’ for us?

• Like 2

Preston always strike me as a team who've punched above their weight. It always comes to an end sooner or later. That Neil did as well as he did was a credit to him as a manager. 

As a Rovers fan I won't be losing any sleep about their downward spiral. 

As for Derby - managers matter so, so much, why risk it on Rooney. Blimey he's hardly had a cracking influence as part of the caretaker set up anyway. Felt like today was a relegation 6 pointer for them. 

Cardiff got an emphatic win easing the pressure on Harris. Surprised to see them struggling so much. 

Our Christmas fixtures look very similar to last year, in that all are very winnable (and two identical teams). I just hope we go into the 3rd round FA cup match on the back of better results this year. 
We were on the edge of the playoffs and got two points from Wigan, Huddersfield and Birmingham. With great home and away crowds at the first two.  
This year we have Shef Wed, Huddersfield and Birmingham and if we go into them in contention at the top it will be a big test of whether our mentality has changed. 

The biggest difference this season is going into every game I believe we can win and expect points, whether it’s Norwich away or Wycombe at home. I wouldn’t have said that last year vs Leeds, Brentford, Fulham etc. Testament to the gradual turnaround from the staff and players. 

Sky Sports December fixtures have been announced and no additions for Rovers, am I right in thinking we've only been on TV once this season (twice including upcoming Bristol City)? (Both of those matches are mid-week and would have been on the red button regardless). So not one televised weekend game through half the season. Odd for the highest scorers in the league (ironically 0-0 in the 1 Sky game)

Is TV money divided equally or not? It's a complete shambles when you see the same clubs every week.

Over just 2 weeks between Dec 15th - 30th you can watch Watford and Norwich 3 times & Brentford, Stokes and Swansea twice

Edited by superniko
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, superniko said:

Sky Sports December fixtures have been announced and no additions for Rovers, am I right in thinking we've only been on TV once this season (twice including upcoming Bristol City)? (Both of those matches are mid-week and would have been on the red button regardless). So not one televised weekend game through half the season. Odd for the highest scorers in the league (ironically 0-0 in the 1 Sky game)

Is TV money divided equally or not? It's a complete shambles when you see the same clubs every week.

Over just 2 weeks between Dec 15th - 30th you can watch Watford and Norwich 3 times & Brentford, Stokes and Swansea twice

Only 3 televised games for Rovers in the whole of 2020.

One weekend game

One midweek where the other fixtures weren't on the red button

One midweek where the other fixtures were on the red button

The Sky TV contract gives money to all clubs but then if your club is chosen for a live home game you get £50,000. This is a reduced amount as part of the revised deal following the pandemic which had an increased number of games. The away team gets a much smaller fee - it was £10,000 but may now be less.

Just now, MarkBRFC said:

Only 3 televised games for Rovers in the whole of 2020.

One weekend game

One midweek where the other fixtures weren't on the red button

One midweek where the other fixtures were on the red button

3 times in a whole calendar year - this must be the lowest in the league

1 hour ago, only2garners said:

The Sky TV contract gives money to all clubs but then if your club is chosen for a live home game you get £50,000. This is a reduced amount as part of the revised deal following the pandemic which had an increased number of games. The away team gets a much smaller fee - it was £10,000 but may now be less.

Cheers for that - It's obviously not make or break money, but if you get 10 extra games (some of these clubs are!), then it's the difference between signing a Kaminski or not. 

Edit: Brentford allegedly on 20 times through 2020 (vs 3 for Rovers mentioned above), obviously a lot of that was down to last seasons performance with 3 playoff games in there for Brentford too.

Edited by superniko

I was disappointed that they only showed the goals on EFL Quest against PNE. Not the disallowed goal or PNE's one shot across goal.

Conversely, Barnsley didn't get enough credit on EFL for their part in our game. Yet other games (Derby?) got far more coverage.

2 hours ago, bazza said:

I was disappointed that they only showed the goals on EFL Quest against PNE. Not the disallowed goal or PNE's one shot across goal.

Conversely, Barnsley didn't get enough credit on EFL for their part in our game. Yet other games (Derby?) got far more coverage.

Quest select a couple of games each week and have a commentator there. The plan will be to select “newsworthy” games and plan to show more of them. Derby v Wycombe was an obvious one for a bit more coverage - no manager, Rooney taking charge, bottom of the table 6 pointer, Derby in terrible form - it was a story. In contrast our game was two unfashionable clubs in mid table with no crisis on either side, so unless something remarkable happened it was only ever going to be the goals and maybe one or two other clips.

• Like 1

It's interesting because after our goal laden start to the season and unpredictability on results along with possessing the top scorer in the League you'd think we'd be ripe for the picking for the selectors down at Sky HQ, on the look out for 'entertainers' to broadcast.

Seems nonentities like Reading and Brentford get that honour although no surprises on location and London-centric attitudes.

There's a vacuum to be filled with Leeds exiting the division and no Villa/Newcastle coming down so it seems they've adopted a new policy. Doesn't bother me just hope Rovers are kicking up a stink about the hundreds of thousands of pounds in extra money the likes of Brentford will presumably be getting for all this.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Maybe I’ve got a bad memory, but in our 8 years back in the ‘EFL’ I honestly can’t remember more than a handful of occasions we’ve been shown live on a Friday night, yet there’s a game on Sky pretty much every Friday through the season...

I can only think of two live Friday night games on sky since relegation in 2012, both in our first season down against Middlesbrough & Wolves.