BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship Season 2020 - 2021

4 hours ago, ben_the_beast said:

Given the way we've been playing the last 2 games I feel another Mowbray death spiral coming on. Especially given we are knocking on the door of the promotion spots.

Shake up needed in the middle for our next match. 

I hope not but it's typically the way it goes.

Rovers had a fantastic run around this time last year. In fact it wasn't too bad until after lockdown. 3 big games coming up.

Yes didn't go quite as hoped. Although it probably suited Bournemouth to be the away as it forced barnsley to come out a little. Barnsley had a lot of the game and chances whilst it was 1-0. If they had equalised it would have made for an interesting game. As it was soon as the 2nd went in it was game over as Bournemouth could afford to pick them off at will.

12 hours ago, philipl said:

Barnsley were in charitable mood. That was some rain downpour so mistakes were inevitable- Barnsley made them and Bournemouth were clinical. Bournemouth definitely the better side but 4-0 flatters them.

Its a big difference from our result and performance against Barnsley though isn't it?

I'd say we are nearer to the likes of Barnsley and Millwall than we are to the likes of Bournemouth and Norwich though. Hope I'm wrong.

• Like 1

Just for perspective I think it's worth noting that is Bournemouth's first clean sheet for nearly a year (I think). Good team and perhaps show us the standard but infallible, no. Their defence isn't a all that. Add in the Preston loss and what we are right to be wary and think these teams may be better they are far from unbeatable. Also Barnsley looked very poor compared with against us - although that could be the opposition too I suppose causing that. 

1 hour ago, 47er said:

Its a big difference from our result and performance against Barnsley though isn't it?

I'd say we are nearer to the likes of Barnsley and Millwall than we are to the likes of Bournemouth and Norwich though. Hope I'm wrong.

Having watched it, I'd say the respective performances were not that different beyond Barnsley mistakes gifting Bournemouth one unopposed run on goal and two opposed level foot chases in on goal. Barnsley gave Bournemouth far less respect in their set up than they gave us- Barnsley were not pressing all over the park and hoping for a counter attack and they paid the price for it. Even at 0-3 Barnsley had had more corners, more attempts and more on target than Bournemouth. Heads dropped at 0-4.

Like against us, Bournemouth's shooting against Barnsley was of the highest quality and that marks them out as different in this league. Bournemouth did fail to find a completely empty net from the Barnsley keeper and defender messing up outside their area before they had scored so they are not totally supermen.

Worth pointing out that Bournemouth had four pretty comfortable seasons in the Premier league before it fell apart for them last season. 

So in every respect apart from a ground which would only be 16th largest in League 1 and 7th largest in League 2, they are by now in every respect a Premier League set-up with Premier League depth of playing talent.

21 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

Hiya- someone suggested keeping politics out of football, can we also keep it off this board too? Ta.

Obviously referring to a post that I didn't see

Anyways Bristol city lost at home to birmingham who haven't won in 6 games before today. We really should be thinking about going there and winning 

Edited by BRFC4EVA

34 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

"Wayne Rooney's Rams" it is.

Maybe just "Rooney's Rams" in a few weeks.

Screenshot_20201205-185438_BBC Sport.jpg

They were indeed called "Rooney's Rams" in a BBC article the other week. All of that history and identity consolidated into just one person's surname. Shameful.