BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship Season 2020 - 2021

I am surprised as anyone but Rooney’s last 8 games are 3 wins, 4 draws and 1 defeat, conceding just 3 goals. The defeat was in the last minute against Preston having played most of the game with 10 men. It looks like a classic plan to sort out the defence and build from there.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Blue blood said:

Worrying for Brum as Derby aren't a good side and have a manager with the nous of mashed potatoe. 

No need for Brum to worry. We'll give them 3 points on Saturday. You can rely on a Mowbray team to give a helping hand.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, alcd said:

No need for Brum to worry. We'll give them 3 points on Saturday. You can rely on a Mowbray team to give a helping hand.

No way pedro, we will smash these and you'll not hear from Chaddy until 5 o'clock on saturday cos he's been with the family this week and hasn't paid much attention to footie this week....

Mowbray classic big win on Saturday.  If not, he's definitely lost the dressing room 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

No way pedro, we will smash these and you'll not hear from Chaddy until 5 o'clock on saturday cos he's been with the family this week and hasn't paid much attention to footie this week....

Mowbray classic big win on Saturday.  If not, he's definitely lost the dressing room 

Slagging me off.again Sparks!!! 

For me, he hasnt lost the dressing room at all. Dack's comments when he signed the new contract shows he hasnt. 

15 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

For me, he hasnt lost the dressing room at all. Dack's comments when he signed the new contract shows he hasnt. 

I'm sorry Chaddy but one players comments upon being given a new contract do not mean the manager still has the dressing room. The dressing room is a collective of 20-30 players. Of course publicly players will support the manager. I'm yet to see a player anywhere in the world who doesn't back his manager in public. 

Also, whether Mowbray still has the dressing room or not is irrelevant. Many, many times managers retain the support of the dressing room until the very end but still get removed if results aren't up to scratch. Mowbray is undoubtedly popular behind the scenes as he seems to be everywhere he goes. 

The evidence is in performances and results, not what Dack says in his club media interviews.

Edited by JHRover
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I must say that I have never heard a player come out and say "I dont think the manager is any good, hes lost the dressing room, we are regressing but I am getting my wages doubled so ive signed on."

I dont necessarily think he has lost it as I mentioned in another thread, but hes lost more games than hes won this year, its not good enough. Surely you dont genuinely believe that Mowbray in this half of the season can get enough points against all previous logic and get into the top 6?

• Like 2

15 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

We should be offloading some of those in the dressing room as well in that case! Happy with mediocrity and another nothing of a season.

As for Dack; who cares what he says when signing a new contract? What did you expect him to say? 'Thanks for the extension to the contract Tony even though we don't yet know if I'll ever be the same player again after missing a whole year out of the game, but I think this is the right time to tell the world that you've lost the dressing room and should leave?!?!?'

• Like 2

• Backroom
20 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

C'mon chads, he didn't 'slag you off' there. At worst he satirised the type of thing you do say a LOT. At best, he highlighted a good thing, that you prioritise your family over football.

There was a spell where I kept posting my dad's thoughts on here as much as my own, and people took the piss.

Try not to get wound up by ribs, but if you do think something is too personally insulting then report it to us 👍

• Like 1

I'm not sure whether he has lost or not, and which is worse. If this is this lot trying and playing for the manager heaven help us if they down tools. As a level of performance when motivated it's pretty shocking and he needs to go. 

On the other hand if he has lost the dressing room then there's no way back from it. It's an irredeemable situation and he needs to go. 

Fwiw I think the only team I have seen not playing for a Rovers manager is under Ince v Wigan away. Horrible to see. I've unfortunately seen a number of what I think is like the manager but can't be arsed as it doesn't matter situations - Kidd and Bowyer - which is what I think we have now. 

• Like 2