BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship Season 2020 - 2021

12 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

We'll be due another £2m from the Raya deal if it continues like this. That's a third of a BB, or a full AA (and a bit more). 

If it turns out that we get 5 million for him, I think that's approaching getting a pretty reasonable deal. 

• Backroom

Thought it looked a blatant red in real time but the replay shows it was an accident and ended up looking like a lunge 

Effectively ended any chance of a comeback, not that they showed any signs of it 

• Backroom
40 minutes ago, Blue blood said:

Glad Brentford went up. More money for us and proves TM talks bull saying you need £109+ million to get promoted. 

The kind of structure Brentford have - which has produced consistent results year after year and resulted in them ultimately playing in the Premier League for the first time in their history - is so far beyond Venky's that it's depressing to even think about. Compare the dysfunctional mess we call a 'structure' to Brentford's model and it is night and day - the difference between an owner who genuinely wants the club to succeed and owners who are content with just keeping the lights on and paying the bills. 

• Like 5

34 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

you need good coaching,astute scouting and a consistent game plan,none of which are present at ewood😪

Indeed. Two of the four playoff teams didn't have parachute payments showing it is not the magic ingredient needed for promotion. Not that the clown will ever be called out on it. 

1 minute ago, DE. said:

The kind of structure Brentford have - which has produced consistent results year after year and resulted in them ultimately playing in the Premier League for the first time in their history - is so far beyond Venky's that it's depressing to even think about. Compare the dysfunctional mess we call a 'structure' to Brentford's model and it is night and day - the difference between an owner who genuinely wants the club to succeed and owners who are content with just keeping the lights on and paying the bills. 

No arguments here. Although with our advantages - fan base and academy, 4 years in the job and being bullet proof even with the loons in charge you would think the conditions are there to be a bit closer to that model. 

2 hours ago, Displaced Rover said:

I see Raya still looks crap against crosses

Is that you Tony? Them grapes must taste very bitter indeed.

In other news, yet another ex Rovers player now in the PL. It used to be that leaving Rovers was a curse, now it’s a blessing!

Mowbray out! Venkys act!

• Like 2

I was just disappointed Brentford won. Family members down in London support them. We used to be able to look down on them. And Brentford are nasty, niggly little team. I watched a rugby match yesterday that was absolutely brutal.  Brentford's players should be embarrassed at the ease with which they went down as though dying, only to get up and play on without a care in the world. I'm not impressed with Swansea, but Brentford in the PL just feels all wrong to me.

Edited by gumboots
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, gumboots said:

I was just disappointed Brentford won. Family members down in London support them. We used to be able to look down on them. And Brentford are nasty, niggly little team. I watched a rugby match yesterday that was absolutely brutal.  Brentford's players should be embarrassed at the ease with which they went down as though dying, only to get up and play on without a care in the world. I'm not impressed with Swansea, but Brentford in the PL just feels all wrong to me.

I thought a Swansea sending off looked likely from very early in the game. You expect players to be pumped up for such a big game, but Swansea channelled that in the wrong way.

The eventual red card was perhaps a little unlucky, but the game was probably lost  by then, and the right team won.

Fair play to Brentford. Just because they aren’t a big name, fashionable club, you get what you deserve. That’s why they are where they are and we are where we are.

15 hours ago, CambridgeRover said:

We get a bit of extra cash for Raya's promotion (assuming they dont cock it up) ?

Chortle!

What a pity it will be pished up against the wall of chumps, cronies and journeymen we are supposed to believe are playing for the badge.

Having a manager with a track record of dismal failure, a reputation for being asleep at the wheel whilst not giving a fook, and demonstrable skills only in gurning and spouting shite doesn't sound to me like a recipe for anything other than another season of having our heads rammed firmly down the bog.

Get the cash for Raya in, but....

Mowbray Out!, Waggot Out!, Cheating Guring Liars OUT!

• Like 2

13 hours ago, gumboots said:

Watching rugby of either code just illuminates how pathetic modern day footballers are. The rugby lads take hits that would put me in bed for a week as though they are nothing.

6 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Watching rugby of either code just illuminates how pathetic modern day footballers are. The rugby lads take hits that would put me in bed for a week as though they are nothing.

I know they are trained to take hits, and so roll with them better but can you imagine a Curry twin hitting one of our players softly as they do in prematch warm ups😅

12 minutes ago, gumboots said:

I know they are trained to take hits, and so roll with them better but can you imagine a Curry twin hitting one of our players softly as they do in prematch warm ups😅

Can you imagine the rugby last having to run another 5k per game....?  Different sports with different skill sets...

Why do rugby fans have this strange fascination with comparing how tough the players are to footballers.....

Different build completely to be a footballer..

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

Can you imagine the rugby last having to run another 5k per game....?  Different sports with different skill sets...

Why do rugby fans have this strange fascination with comparing how tough the players are to footballers.....

Different build completely to be a footballer..

When did you last watch a game of rugby in the flesh ? Or better still, stand next to a player or two in the bar ? They’re not all as big as you think. Some of the backs and half backs are my size, especially in Rugby League. The difference is rugby is still played like football was when I played. You didn’t let an opponent know they’d hurt you even when they had. Now football players are taught to feign injury to gain an advantage. From top to bottom. It makes me tired to watch it.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, yellowsubmarine said:

Nothing wrong about Brentford in the PL. They have been knocking the doors and deserves their spot. I rather my team to be a little "nasty and niggly" and get promoted than being nice and friendly and stays in the 2nd division. They found a way to get promoted and that's all it matters. Well done Bees.

No there's nothing wrong with their being there. Results are what matters. Doesn't mean I have to like it though. And when I say nasty and niggly, that's very different from being tough and hard to beat. I watched a fair bit of the playoff final and whenever I looked there was a player rolling about like he'd been shot and trying to persuade the ref he should get a free kick. its that aspect I dont like. I watched a fair number of City players do the same thing in the CL final too, and it grates. On the day, Swansea didn't play well enough and deserved nothing. I just wish they'd been able to keep 11 men on the pitch and make it a better contest. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

When did you last watch a game of rugby in the flesh ? Or better still, stand next to a player or two in the bar ? They’re not all as big as you think. Some of the backs and half backs are my size, especially in Rugby League. The difference is rugby is still played like football was when I played. You didn’t let an opponent know they’d hurt you even when they had. Now football players are taught to feign injury to gain an advantage. From top to bottom. It makes me tired to watch it.

Watch Faf de Klerk. Tiny guy, runs nonstop, tackles, gets hammered by guys twice his size, gets up and knocks them down. As I said, rugby players are trained to take knocks and footballers arent but it doesn't excuse footballers rolling about in apparent agony and then getting up as though nothing has happened 10 seconds later. Its the over dramatising of every tiny knock to try to get your opponent carded that I dont like. If you're genuinely hurt then by all means stay down, get treatment, expect the opponent who caused it to be punished. But dont play act. 

• Like 2