BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship Season 2020 - 2021

4 hours ago, K-Hod said:

Safe to say, he will do his usual, get them tight at the back, make them hard to beat and probably keep them up, against the odds.

Won’t be pretty, but it will be effective!

Now, has anyone at Wednesday got a good long throw?

Is Sheffield Wednesday's squad a Pulis type of squad? 

The squad need some signings like Strikers wise for example. Marriott is decent striker 

2 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Pulis was the manager who kick started Adama Traore's career at Boro and also his Stoke side heavily featured Ricardo Fuller.

He does play direct but he is certainly not totally against the use of flair players and mavericks.

do you think Sheffield Wednesday squad will suit Pulis

Just now, islander200 said:

Derby have sacked Cocu

No Surprise there. 

Cocu and his 2 assistants have gone, so does Derby someone line up to replace him?

Edited by chaddyrovers

Fuck me, how shit's Saturday without any sport to occupy us other than racing and women's rugby?!

We then have to resort to arguing about Sheffield bloody Wednesday, their squad and the merits of Tony Pulis.

Sack off these pointless International breaks and roll on the day when we can attend footie and Ewood in person.

#boredfeckingshitless

• Like 2

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Good quality golf coverage of the Masters on this weekend. 

I may just watch the last 9 holes or so of the final round chaddy. When's that due on, Tuesday afternoon? 

I'm sure you get my drift though!

#boredshitless, #wearetherovers, #andersonshouldbehanged

Just now, darrenrover said:

I may just watch the last 9 holes or so of the final round chaddy. When's that due on, Tuesday afternoon? 

I'm sure you get my drift though!

#boredshitless, #wearetherovers, #andersonshouldbehanged

I agree international football breaks are boring. And they should be much less international football for me especially with Covid around

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Is Sheffield Wednesday's squad a Pulis type of squad? 

The squad need some signings like Strikers wise for example. Marriott is decent striker 

do you think Sheffield Wednesday squad will suit Pulis

No Surprise there. 

Cocu and his 2 assistants have gone, so does Derby someone line up to replace him?

Doesn't really matter if the players there suit him or not. The good managers can work with whatever players they inherit and get results. Pulis will organise Wednesday, make them fit, disciplined and tough to beat. It will keep them up. 

Its a sensible and pragmatic appointment.

They won't be top of the possession tables, top of 'xG' charts and all the other pointless nonsense, they won't get plaudits from other clubs for being a nice good side whilst getting beat. They'll be horrible to play against.

Can't imagine who Derby will appoint now. In their position someone like Cook would be sensible to get them out of trouble. If they give it to Rooney they deserve relegation. I doubt their new owners would be so foolish.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JHRover said:

Doesn't really matter if the players there suit him or not. The good managers can work with whatever players they inherit and get results. Pulis will organise Wednesday, make them fit, disciplined and tough to beat. It will keep them up. 

Its a sensible and pragmatic appointment.

They won't be top of the possession tables, top of 'xG' charts and all the other pointless nonsense, they won't get plaudits from other clubs for being a nice good side whilst getting beat. They'll be horrible to play against.

Can't imagine who Derby will appoint now. In their position someone like Cook would be sensible to get them out of trouble. If they give it to Rooney they deserve relegation. I doubt their new owners would be so foolish.

Pulis will make a number of signings in January there to suit his prefer tactics. 

Let's see how he does there  

Derby I agree with you. Maybe Cook but wouldnt be surprise if they go for Howe. 

Rooney odds on favourite job right now. Was 6/1 30 mins ago

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Pulis will make a number of signings in January there to suit his prefer tactics. 

Let's see how he does there  

Derby I agree with you. Maybe Cook but wouldnt be surprise if they go for Howe. 

Rooney odds on favourite job right now. Was 6/1 30 mins ago

I wonder wether Rhodes will get a game now Pulis is there. I could be wrong but I think not.

8 hours ago, K-Hod said:

Safe to say, he will do his usual, get them tight at the back, make them hard to beat and probably keep them up, against the odds.

Won’t be pretty, but it will be effective!

Now, has anyone at Wednesday got a good long throw?

I think Pulis is a busted flush.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

You could be right Stuart, managers date pretty quickly these days. I still think he should have enough about him to keep them up though.

There are some poor teams down there so he has a chance of winning a five team league by 7 points.

They already looked to be on the up, doing no worse than Rotherham and Forest who are currently clear of the bottom three. A different voice might help I suppose.

I guess we’ll see.

2 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

You could be right Stuart, managers date pretty quickly these days. I still think he should have enough about him to keep them up though.

Weds and Pulis  will have enough about them to stop up now the points deduction has been reduced. But i agree with Stuart ...Pulis as "a manager of any significance " has severely waned.

• Like 1

With Pulis i think it comes down to his style of play.

I still reckon he would do a job at any level, including the Premier League, if the remit was to organise a side and to keep them up. The trouble is that there aren't many clubs who are keen on that sort of thing, and those willing to do it quickly get bored with it. Stoke loved him because the accomplishments outweighed the dire football. Palace only had it for half a season and it kept them up. West Brom put up with it for a couple of years as it kept them up but their fans were fed up of it.

I don't think he's a busted flush, his methods will get results and keep struggling sides clear of trouble. The issue grows where the expectations or higher or people want nice football.

I like a bit of a listen to 'That Peter Crouch Podcast'. It's good to have on in the background for a few immature chuckles. 

Crouchy talked about Pulis quite a bit on one of the episodes. All about organisation. And weirdly very little fitness. Robert Huth used to cycle about 50 miles a day to get too and from training as he felt he wasn't staying fit enough with what was being done on the training ground. 

Organisationally though Pulis would have them all standing out on the pitch. And he would go and stand in different positions on the pitch to represent where the ball was. All the players would then need to go and stand where they needed to be in relation to where the ball currently was and they'd need to be spot in doing so. This used to last for hours. 

Also stories of Stoke playing brilliant football in the first half. The players feeling they were playing like Brazil. Only to get in at half time with Pulis yelling at them to hit it long. I don't think he's a busted flush. He could do a job at any level. But you know what you're going to get with him that's for sure. 

1 hour ago, ben_the_beast said:

I like a bit of a listen to 'That Peter Crouch Podcast'. It's good to have on in the background for a few immature chuckles. 

Crouchy talked about Pulis quite a bit on one of the episodes. All about organisation. And weirdly very little fitness. Robert Huth used to cycle about 50 miles a day to get too and from training as he felt he wasn't staying fit enough with what was being done on the training ground. 

Organisationally though Pulis would have them all standing out on the pitch. And he would go and stand in different positions on the pitch to represent where the ball was. All the players would then need to go and stand where they needed to be in relation to where the ball currently was and they'd need to be spot in doing so. This used to last for hours. 

Also stories of Stoke playing brilliant football in the first half. The players feeling they were playing like Brazil. Only to get in at half time with Pulis yelling at them to hit it long. I don't think he's a busted flush. He could do a job at any level. But you know what you're going to get with him that's for sure. 

would love to know what game the players thought they were playing like brazil ? and what the score was at HT? ?