BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Released Lists

2 hours ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Just noticed Scott Carson is third or fourth choice at city . God knows his wage , if he would drop down , his quality these days etc, just thought I’d throw it out there 

On loan from Derby to play 3rd choice - was a confusing move when I saw it. But wages wouldnt be city prices. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Refusing to play post lockdown isnt an indicator of a bad attitude.

Its a quite understandable protection of a players career and is very common.

A couple of players refused to play following the end of the lockdown as family members, especially children had vulnerabilities including lung issues that could potentially kill them if exposed to Corona. This meant the players continuing the full lockdown with the agreement of clubs.

Sensible measure until a proper treatment for the disease is developed if you ask me. Football isn't as important as a persons life.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, RovingRover said:

A couple of players refused to play following the end of the lockdown as family members, especially children had vulnerabilities including lung issues that could potentially kill them if exposed to Corona. This meant the players continuing the full lockdown with the agreement of clubs.

Sensible measure until a proper treatment for the disease is developed if you ask me. Football isn't as important as a persons life.

I dont think that was the reason that Irvine or indeed a lot of players wouldnt play.

Ultimately these players knew that they were soon to be out of contract and playing and potentially getting injured could jeapordise their chances ahead of their next contract.

Lyle Taylor is an obvious example, about to get the last decent contract of his career, so it is totally understandable.

Troy Deeney did have doubts similar to what you have mentioned but he played anyway, presumably content that it was safe to go back to playing

Would have Irvine if he was cheap enough. We need the cover with Smallwood gone and the potential loss of any other players. An average CH midfielder who can easily drop in when needed.

3 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

I dont think that was the reason that Irvine or indeed a lot of players wouldnt play.

Ultimately these players knew that they were soon to be out of contract and playing and potentially getting injured could jeapordise their chances ahead of their next contract.

Lyle Taylor is an obvious example, about to get the last decent contract of his career, so it is totally understandable.

Troy Deeney did have doubts similar to what you have mentioned but he played anyway, presumably content that it was safe to go back to playing

Yes, Irvine was told a week before the restart that he contract was not being renewed. With no future security, he refused to play for fear of injury and not being being fit and able to attract another club/contract.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Refusing to play post lockdown isnt an indicator of a bad attitude.

Its a quite understandable protection of a players career and is very common.

If anything I think it shows a strong character, as he was probably under pressure to come back and play.

• Like 1