BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

15 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

Made me laugh when it went to half time and you could hear Neil Yardley reading the half time scores as normal like there were 9 or 10k in the ground.

Who was he reading them too?

Similarly at some grounds I have heard announcements of players names over the PA of who are on and off when substitutions are made.

15 hours ago, OnePhilT said:

Didn't realise, but there are some UEFA Nations League matches this week (Thursday and Friday). Darragh might be playing on Thursday, so I suspect he might be rested for our friendly against Leicester on Saturday. Might be the other reason why the friendly against Everton was called off (tight run of fixtures, maybe).

This is why the League Cup game was brought forward. Him and Evans called up for international games.

Fisher
JRC Nyambe Williams Bell
Travis Johnson Holtby
Gallagher Brereton Armstrong

Is what I'm expecting our line up to be, with Darragh and Corry away on Int. duty, Gallagher back fit and in need of pre-season game time, and Nyambe slotting at centre-back with no Lenihan available.

9 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Fisher
JRC Nyambe Williams Bell
Travis Johnson Holtby
Gallagher Brereton Armstrong

Is what I'm expecting our line up to be, with Darragh and Corry away on Int. duty, Gallagher back fit and in need of pre-season game time, and Nyambe slotting at centre-back with no Lenihan available.

Is wharton injured

1 minute ago, Sparks Rover said:

I just think the last game before the league starts we should be playing at full strength as much as is possible 

I'm not saying I don't agree. I don't believe Gallagher is even the third best option for RW, but I think it's what we'll see. He'll want some kind of experience at CB, and it may be that Williams and Wharton play together

6 minutes ago, OnePhilT said:

Williams is on his way out. I'd much rather have Wharton or Carter get some experience against a (second-string) Premier League side in a non-comptetitive match.

Again. Agreed, but I think Mowbray will play Williams in some capacity to cover the loss of Lenihan for this game

1 hour ago, Sparks Rover said:

If Del is leaving for a fee, I'm not sure I'd risk his fitness in a friendly...if he picked up a bad injury we would be stuck with him. 

This is Tony's Rovers though so he'd be well looked after if he got crocked after doing him a favour with shop window appearances.

• Like 1