BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Steve Kean on TalkSport very soon

2 hours ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Unfortunately there's no point. The Rao family could finish us as a club if they woke up on the wrong side of the bed. 

Some might say it's too risky for them to do that so more likely a slow death and another ten years then no one will give a stuff anyway.

I don’t listen to it, but on the odd occasion I did in years gone by, they seemed to find it hard enough to fill the air time in a normal season. I mean how many phone ins on Arsenal’s goalkeeper can you have?

But what the feck did they do in lockdown? ^_^

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

I don’t listen to it, but on the odd occasion I did in years gone by, they seemed to find it hard enough to fill the air time in a normal season. I mean how many phone ins on Arsenal’s goalkeeper can you have?

But what the feck did they do in lockdown? ^_^

I listened to it daily when i was a white van man years ago that's what it's designed for really just background noise. Tolerable when you are diving in and out of a van all day but are sick of commercial radio playing same songs on same loop.

Min i stopped doing that iv'e never listened since in over a decade and never will...... unless i buy another van maybe !

20 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

I will occasionally listen to the Sports Bar coming back from a mid week game. But the station isn't what it was. No characters on there anymore like Mike Parry or Mike Dicken (RIP).

Used to like the two Mike's as well.

On 30/07/2020 at 17:34, Exiled_Rover said:

It's not even that he's a crook. He's just a shit manager with no connections. 

Mmm, He is though, he’s also a shit manager. There’s no way that anyone could manage in the PL @nd then not get offered another chance anywhere. It’s a small world football and rumours spread quickly.

If I’m flicking through the radio channels , if I don’t fancy a podcast or some tunes you don’t have many options , radio six can be fine . Five live is droning on about Covid a la Tory . 
talk sport , Jim white is dreadful but let’s say he has someone with him , it’s often Natalie sawyer , she seems ok ... how often is she biting her tongue? . When Alan Brazil drunk can’t  make it they get Laura woods in who really does try too hard ... but she’s affable enough ... but she is still one of the lads right ?

as for Adam catterall , st bedes 1sts (me) v seconds (him ) tote jon to pieces and a sly elbow to his face when he tried it on 

I listen to it on the drive to and from work. I find the breakfast show quite enjoyable when it was Alan Brazil. 

Durham on the drive home is a troll. He'll say something to get a reaction and just generally be arrogant. Danny Murphy will often play along and say something to try and be that pundit who gives a different angle on everything 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, RoverDom said:

I listen to it on the drive to and from work. I find the breakfast show quite enjoyable when it was Alan Brazil. 

Durham on the drive home is a troll. He'll say something to get a reaction and just generally be arrogant. Danny Murphy will often play along and say something to try and be that pundit who gives a different angle on everything 

That's the way i remember it always seemed good cop bad cop to get the phone lines buzzing. Some of them are real gobshites though.

9 hours ago, tomphil said:

That's the way i remember it always seemed good cop bad cop to get the phone lines buzzing. Some of them are real gobshites though.

Pretty much. Unless its danny murphy and then it's good cop - arse licking cop. 

• Like 3

I read the article below and one paragraph jumped out at me.

It is understood that allegations have been made that Farnell has conflict of interest by acting on behalf of both parties in the potential sale of the club.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53698266

I have a recollection that there was some documentation that Anderson was entrusted by the Walker Trust to find a buyer. He found the Raos and therefore created a conflict of interest. It still rankles with me how we were treated with utter disdain by the authorities and how they allowed the wanton destruction of one of their clubs. 

Can anybody confirm if Anderson did work for both parties?

• Like 1