BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Expectations for next season

3 hours ago, rigger said:

With a 12 point start, I would expect us to fInish above Sheffield Wednesday. I would like us to have a positive goal difference all season, and to concede less than 40 goals. What do you expect?

Too soon to tell...until close of transfer window impossible to assess 

3 hours ago, rigger said:

With a 12 point start, I would expect us to fInish above Sheffield Wednesday. I would like us to have a positive goal difference all season, and to concede less than 40 goals. What do you expect?

Less than 40 goals???!  Is that before Christmas or for the whole season. If it's for the whole season we're probably going up as champions. Good times. 

11 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Less than 40 goals???!  Is that before Christmas or for the whole season. If it's for the whole season we're probably going up as champions. Good times. 

Two teams conceded less than 40 goals this season. It’s a target to aim for, and could well get us promoted

• Like 1

As we are i'd say very very similar to this season with a finish a place either side of this seasons.

If as might be likely there's sales, budget cutting and a bit if any at all reinvestment then a bit of a struggle with a lower mid finish. 

Hopefully then a fresh change, new approach and a rebuild into something resembling a settled solid team, won't hold my breath though. I think some are dead set on making us the modern day version Gradi's Crewe.  Only without the nice football.

Far too early to call this. I generally wait til the transfer business is done before calling it. I believe I've actually predicted it more or less spot on since and including our relegation season (I think I might have said top 10 for the season just gone which even one more point would have got us, not sure though).

It really depends on whether we sell any stars and whether we fix the glaring defensive problems with the right recruits. Too much change is still needed right now.

• Like 1

Bottom six.

IMO, you can sense we haven't a pot to p1ss in and our player trading will reflect this.  Can anyone provide a slither of positive evidence that we are going to be even a half decent player in the transfer market!?!?

Furthermore, IMO, we have a manager and coaching time who are well, well below par and that's being kind!

I think Uncle Tony will have retired, with a big fat wallet,  to his beloved Teeside before Christmas.

• Like 1

Next season is one of the most unexceptional championship line ups as I can ever remember.

It will be fine margins between every section.

We need someone who has the edge in tight games and can mastermind a win when going behind or to change a 0-0 into a 1-0.

For a neutral I expect it to be very competitive again. For Rovers fans under Mowbray it will just be more of the same week in week out. WDLWDL repeat to fade.

We need a spark. A talisman who can lead the team. Not a Bennett at full back or a Gallagher out wide. Massive rebuild this Summer before we gear up for another go in two years.

Right now only the most hardened of hardcore fans would renew with the state the team and club are in. The idea of growing the fanbase hasn’t entered anyone’s heads and the COVID restrictions will be a blessing for many at the club.

Top half would be a good finish given the state we are in but surely nothing less than a top six berth will keep Mowbray in the job? Would 8th be seen as yet more progress to many? Any building supposedly done to date has been out of papier-mâché.