BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Expectations for next season

Far too early to say. Hugely depends on the transfer business in the summer. According to Nicko we have a decent transfer budget for this summer, not huge but money is there for new signings. 

What I do know about next season is that it will be the weakest league since we’ve been in the division. The three teams going up are far stronger than those coming down. I don’t anticipate anyone spending big money on signings to transform their squad so there’s a very real opportunity for us next season if we add some clever signings. 

Edited by rovers11

• Moderation Lead
36 minutes ago, rovers11 said:

Far too early to say. Hugely depends on the transfer business in the summer. According to Nicko we have a decent transfer budget for this summer, not huge but money is there for new signings. 

What I do know about next season is that it will be the weakest league since we’ve been in the division. The three teams going up are far stronger than those coming down. I don’t anticipate anyone spending big money on signings to transform their squad so there’s a very real opportunity for us next season if we add some clever signings. 

He’s been there before tbh, file under £50 Million war chest....

• Like 3

2 hours ago, rovers11 said:

It needs the right mentality and the right style to suit the team and real will to drive if forwards not shrug shoulders every time we don't win in 6 games or whatever.

Without that you can sign whoever you want we'll still go nowhere there needs to be an attitude change from top to bottom. Cruising it isn't good enough to go for the top 6.

Edited by tomphil

9 hours ago, JoeH said:

Is this not the same for basically any club who finished between 8th and 18th?

Absolutely!

We need a couple or three key players to really challenge for promotion. If we lose a couple from Nyambe, Lenihan, Travis, Dack or Armstrong it’ll be the bottom end we will need to focus on.

If I had to call it now I’d say we will end up somewhere similar to the last couple of years.