BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Expectations for next season

If we keep lenihan, nyambe, Travis, Dack and Armstrong then get a keeper and decent centre half. 8th-14th.

If lose any of those and fail to bring in replacements and the defenders/keeper then could easily be a season long relegation battle.

On alphabetical order we will start day in the playoffs by the end of the day we will be outside the play offs and not be in the top 6 by the end of any day. In spite spending the entire season talking about the play offs. 

Edited by matt83
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Wegerleswiggle said:

If we start the season like this and keep this team together then I see us finishing between 3rd and 8th.

LINEUP111596498947836.png

Surely not a cat in hells chance that we go into the opening day having presumably spent 3m plus on 2 signings without recouping anything plus getting those 2 back on loan.

Thw idea of continuing the false 9 wide striker nonsense is a worry too.

22 minutes ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

Think that's right, although it would need to be a shocker of a window to put us in the relegation frame in my view.

It’s not beyond the realms that we get no replacement for Tosin and a keeper no better than Walton. Regardless of what changes are made elsewhere. 

• Like 1

All about the timing of the runs as well as transfer windows with this midtable team and set up. We have good runs and bad as we've seen inconsistency rules. So, handily placed and a good run can mean a play off challenge as could have happened recently.

A real bad un at the back end of the season if we aren't upper mid could easily see us drop right in it there's times we can't buy a win. Solid signings needed and prayers that the bad streaks come early and mid like usual.

• Like 1

Difficult to say right now but, unless we sign some good players that have a burning desire to properly challenge for promotion and who won't settle for second best, I'd just expect more of the same. We've got some good players here (albeit there are a few gaps in the team now) but having never entered the top 6 with our current bunch, I'd be surprised if we ever did without a real shake-up and mentality change. And as it doesn't look like Mowbray's going anywhere anytime soon, that'd have to come from the players.

Provided we don't sell any of our better players, we know this team and manager can give us WDL most of the time (plus strong runs of form followed by poor ones) so I'd just expect more of that.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, frosty said:

Difficult to say right now but, unless we sign some good players that have a burning desire to properly challenge for promotion and who won't settle for second best, I'd just expect more of the same. We've got some good players here (albeit there are a few gaps in the team now) but having never entered the top 6 with our current bunch, I'd be surprised if we ever did without a real shake-up and mentality change. And as it doesn't look like Mowbray's going anywhere anytime soon, that'd have to come from the players.

Provided we don't sell any of our better players, we know this team and manager can give us WDL most of the time (plus strong runs of form followed by poor ones) so I'd just expect more of that.

Mentality - Good point.

That starts right at the top and i think the lack of urgency reflects right through to manager and team.  They all know that say the right things first and foremost and just do enough to be ok over the season is almost guaranteed to be met with 'As you were' in Pune.

The less hassle for everybody the better. Nobody wants unwarranted pressure or crazy expectations but a good shake up and kick up the arse regularly is how things get done and targets get met.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 1

The fact Mowbray is still here is worrying..

Expect more chopping , changing and loaning 4 th rate keepers....

Can't get excited about  watching football behind closed doors ..I follow never worked and most games I saw on SKY were soulless...

Unfortunately that will give Mowbray more licence to meddle and the players know it , bottom 6 next season ...

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Miller11 said:

Good window - we can make the playoffs

Bad window - we may well get relegated

Mediocre window - another year of mediocrity

Is this not the same for basically any club who finished between 8th and 18th?

1 hour ago, JoeH said:

Is this not the same for basically any club who finished between 8th and 18th?

I'd say so and we are in that big clutch of clubs that could pivot either way but more likely just to remain in the middle bunch.  This is why the nous of the manager is so important alongside owner/fan/player backing and of course injuries & form of key players.

Our man has had all those up to now apart from the Dack situation recently. Unlike others he's had 12 million worth of forwards that should have compensated that though.  He's been quite a lucky fella up to now to be honest so if all that were to continue it's about time he stepped up to the plate next season.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 1

On 03/08/2020 at 22:17, Mercer said:

Bottom six.

IMO, you can sense we haven't a pot to p1ss in and our player trading will reflect this.  Can anyone provide a slither of positive evidence that we are going to be even a half decent player in the transfer market!?!?

Furthermore, IMO, we have a manager and coaching time who are well, well below par and that's being kind!

I think Uncle Tony will have retired, with a big fat wallet, to his beloved Teeside before Christmas. 

I'm not so sure, Mercer, about what I've put in bold. It's something I hope and pray for every day, but I'm sure I read in a profile of 'TM the man' somewhere a couple of years or so ago that his children were still at school. I can't see a good family man like TM will want to stop working until the children have left school.

Which means that we need our owners to be decisive if TM isn't. And I'm not holding my breath for that to come to pass.