BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Other football league 2020/21 season

I think I saw J-Lowe making a hash of clearing it leading to  Tranmeres last minute equaliser at Salford.

When we were all crying that he wasn't good enough but he was being picked religiously week after week, who were those posters who kept saying numerous managers couldn't be wrong? I'm sure a few said he would definitely end up in the Premier League.

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 8

2 hours ago, Hasta said:

I think I saw J-Lowe making a hash of clearing it leading to  Tranmeres last minute equaliser at Salford.

When we were all crying that he wasn't good enough but he was being picked religiously week after week, who were those posters who saying numerous managers couldn't be wrong? I'm sure a few said he would definitely end up in the Premier League.

I don’t think anyone could really believe or rationalise it - that was the last line of logical defence.

Turns out the lad is like Paul McKenna to football coaches. Seen better players today in the 7th tier than Lowe in his prime.

I completely forget why I ever watched it, and feels almost mean to do this for a game against PL competition, but in the below highlights of Salford's friendly with Everton in September, I did find it hilarious how Lowe's the culprit for almost every Everton chance/goal...

0:53 in fairness, an okay block!

1:24 However, he loses Keane for the headed goal from the resulting corner

2:36 fails to close down a shot from outside the box

4:20 diving lunge fails to stop a pass to his man in the box, who scores

5:28 now at RB, he's isolated, but still giving up way too much space on the left wing, allowing Everton to enter the box with ease

6:39 neat clearance from the long ball, but then probably should've pressed the winger more right after given his support

7:17 not so sure this is all his fault, but a part of some poor tandem defending...

7:42 pretty useless defending of the wide ball, allowing a pass that leads to a penalty

9:25 fails to do anything to defend a cross that leads to two chances off the post and crossbar

I have honestly been curious if Bolton and/or Salford fans have rated him at all in L1/L2 to see if that truly is his 'level'...

(Apparently Scholes is only in charge for as long as Warren Joyce has to remain in isolation due to COVID...)

Edited by RoverCanada

4 hours ago, Rogerb said:

Spot of luck for Chorley getting a bye in the fa cup through to round 1 and another £9375 in the kitty

That kind of money is much needed to a club like Chorley without a benefactor behind them,hopefully they get a big club at home in the next round and get some tv money.

• Like 2

On 09/08/2020 at 14:02, chaddyrovers said:

anyone seen this 

Has anyone else been listening to Out Of Their League, a podcast about the way Bury FC were dealt with - failed? - by the EFL and the FA, and the way in which a 'phoenix club', Bury AFC, has been set up by volunteers in the town? It's quite frightening how much risk EFL clubs are in from individuals and companies who have no real interest in the club, but buy and sell them for, basically, 'buttons' and how the FA and the EFL manage to show that they have complied with what - they say - they are required to do.

It's going to be a 9-episode series - I've just finished listening to episode 2 - and while Bury and Macclesfield have bitten the dust so far, you can't help feeling that they won't be the only ones by a long way. It's doubtless available elsewhere, but I've been listening via www.bbc.co.uk/sounds

Stanley deep in the doodoo there.

In these circumstances emergency loans can be made- wonder if it is a chance for Rovers to get League 1 experience for some youngsters?

Stanley have three more games before they come out of 14 day quarantine and that is assuming none of them develop more severe symptoms.

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

Two more games called off for Accy following on from Saturday and tonight.

Good job they made a decent start so they shouldn't be bottom 4 when they eventually get their season going again.

Hopefully out lot are taking notice are don't get us lumbered with a two week four match break

23 minutes ago, Stuart said:

On their arses financially and still looking to grow their support. Meanwhile we have a pay-up-or-shut-up policy.

0CE9B43D-369A-4902-98CF-1866DF16B159.thumb.jpeg.f7d28ad8207007b4b1773a7378d617ca.jpeg

I was told last week that Waggott and Cheston have hardly been seen at Ewood since March and Pasha went to India in March and hasn't been back since. I'd like to say we are drifting along but that would be an exaggeration.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, arbitro said:

I was told last week that Waggott and Cheston have hardly been seen at Ewood since March and Pasha went to India in March and hasn't been back since. I'd like to say we are drifting along but that would be an exaggeration.

Probably working from home in fairness. I’d just like to see the fruits of their labours actually deliver some benefit to the fans apart from the latest slogan to make “we won’t/can’t do anything so fans have to pay more and it’s really not our fault” more palatable.

Meanwhile a bloke worth a fraction of the wealth of the Raos is busy thinking of ways to grow the fanbase.

14 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

20 years ago Rovers fans and shirts were everywhere in Accy. 

Is that the case now? I doubt it (though Accy residents on here can confirm) .

And are we even still the main club in other long standing Rovers strongholds in the borough? Ossy etc?

Accrington could make it to Premier League (lol) and there would still be more Rovers fans there.

Should bring out "free shirt fair play" see how Dolt likes that. ?

Edited by Vinjay

• Moderation Lead
3 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

20 years ago Rovers fans and shirts were everywhere in Accy. 

Is that the case now? I doubt it (though Accy residents on here can confirm) .

And are we even still the main club in other long standing Rovers strongholds in the borough? Ossy etc?

I don’t live there any more, but there’s a solid base in Hyndburn of Rovers fans. There are more Burnley than there used to be, but I think that’s just because they’re more vocal and fans have moved from Burnley and Pendle to a different borough, etc.