BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Other football league 2020/21 season

4 hours ago, arbitro said:

I was told last week that Waggott and Cheston have hardly been seen at Ewood since March and Pasha went to India in March and hasn't been back since. I'd like to say we are drifting along but that would be an exaggeration.

I hear Waggott is working every waking hour for Rovers.

10 hours ago, arbitro said:

I was told last week that Waggott and Cheston have hardly been seen at Ewood since March and Pasha went to India in March and hasn't been back since. I'd like to say we are drifting along but that would be an exaggeration.

well wouldn't that be following the Government advice of working from home if you can? 

Waggott was at the training ground alot during the last few weeks of the transfer window. 

17 hours ago, philipl said:

I hear Waggott is working every waking hour for Rovers.

Very worrying if true. If the things we’ve seen from him are the result of him working around the clock he needs to take a step back (or go and do something else) because it’s affecting his ability to be innovative. Creating price increases and then blaming fans isn’t very imaginative,

I’d go as far as to say that, despite the rhetoric that Venkys are here for the long haul, everything Waggott does smacks of short term thinking.

Where are the initiatives to bring in future generations of Rovers fans? It seems as though it has been decided that PL promotion will see the ground fill up again (although not at Waggott’s prices) so there is no point in trying to do anything else. Meanwhile, Burnley hoovered up the floating PL fans - and the longer the situation stays as it is the more likely they will take the next generation - while Stanley are being innovative and investing in young fans (who will bring parents and siblings).

If Burnley are relegated this season they will see an exodus of the plastics element of the fanbase. Where will they go? Right now, with BCD, it will be far easier to switch to a popular PL team (TV football isn’t tribal but global) but when they can (and have to as 3pm TV football is turned off ??) there is nobody they can easily migrate to. Do we have a feel-good price reduction across the board and a “Come Home” campaign ready to go for those Greater Blackburn football fans?

Or is he just working around the clock to find cheaper suppliers and make 50p more on each pie sold?

• Like 2

Stuart. Let's forget Rovers are a football club for a moment and look at it as a company.

It is a multimillion business perpetually in the public eye with 250 staff negotiating a pandemic with very little in the way of senior management.

Just day-to-day operations in these circumstances make being CEO a 7 day a week, 10 hours a day job.

Then add the footie on top.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

well wouldn't that be following the Government advice of working from home if you can? 

Waggott was at the training ground alot during the last few weeks of the transfer window. 

Isn't that a contradiction? 

If he's following government advice and working from home then why was he at the training ground a lot during the transfer window?

How do you know he was there a lot?

3 hours ago, JHRover said:

Isn't that a contradiction? 

If he's following government advice and working from home then why was he at the training ground a lot during the transfer window?

How do you know he was there a lot?

Well no. 

Cos some office staff will work from home best they can. But sometimes you need to go to the office for various reasons 

Mowbray comments. 

6 hours ago, philipl said:

Stuart. Let's forget Rovers are a football club for a moment and look at it as a company.

It is a multimillion business perpetually in the public eye with 250 staff negotiating a pandemic with very little in the way of senior management.

Just day-to-day operations in these circumstances make being CEO a 7 day a week, 10 hours a day job.

Then add the footie on top.

Couldn’t disagree more Philip.

Rovers are a football club first and a business second.

THIS is exactly the problem with what is happening today.

They need to make money by running a successful football club, not think of the football as an add-on.

• Like 2

I just read that elite sports can carry on. From a football perspective I saw that elite is from the Conference North and South upwards so presumably everything else will be suspended. It's a shame really because quite a few local clubs were reaping the benefit of hugely increased crowds.

From a watching Rovers play live point of view I think this season can be written off.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, arbitro said:

I just read that elite sports can carry on. From a football perspective I saw that elite is from the Conference North and South upwards so presumably everything else will be suspended. It's a shame really because quite a few local clubs were reaping the benefit of hugely increased crowds.

From a watching Rovers play live point of view I think this season can be written off.

Where is this arbitro? My daughter is on work placement as assistant physio at Frickley Athletic so that will go for a burton if true?

I have read that the exemptions for elite sport in the impending lockdown are dependent on a strict testing regime. The EFL scrapped the mandatory testing after last season, presumably for the cost. Making this mandatory again would be a huge burden financially on clubs that are already struggling. I recall reading that private tests with a 24 hour turnaround were £110 each. The previous mandate was two tests per week which would cost most clubs in excess of £5k weekly.

1 hour ago, arbitro said:

I have read that the exemptions for elite sport in the impending lockdown are dependent on a strict testing regime. The EFL scrapped the mandatory testing after last season, presumably for the cost. Making this mandatory again would be a huge burden financially on clubs that are already struggling. I recall reading that private tests with a 24 hour turnaround were £110 each. The previous mandate was two tests per week which would cost most clubs in excess of £5k weekly.

I was talking to the chief exec of a Rugby League club last week and he was out lining what was being expected of the the testing regime. The costs were eye watering, and that was before yesterdays announcements. 

• Like 1

I see a " Caddis " scored for Swindon yesterday. Is that our ex player ? Ben Gladwin got on as sub at MK Dons who had Fisher in goal. Champagne Charlie played in a 2-0 win for Fleetwood, the lad Camps scored again for them from midfield. Is he better than Ben Whiteman I ask.  Dom Samuel got dragged off after 66 mins at Gillingham, they lost 2-0. Barrow finally got a home win, well done Dunny and Matty Platt.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

3 hours ago, arbitro said:

There is no way the lower leagues can afford a strict testing regime. Ministers already talking about extending the 4 week period suggests this may apply for much of the winter with perhaps a token break for Christmas.

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I see a " Caddis " scored for Swindon yesterday. Is that our ex player ? Ben Gladwin got on as sub at MK Dons who had Fisher in goal. Champagne Charlie played in a 2-0 win for Fleetwood, the lad Camps scored again for them from midfield. Is he better than Ben Whiteman I ask.  Dom Samuel got dragged off after 66 mins at Gillingham, they lost 2-0. Barrow finally got a home win, well done Dunny and Matty Platt.

Yes it is the same Caddis and what a goal it was, rifled in off the underside of the bar. 

Leutwiler saved a penalty that Mulgrew conceded for Fleetwood yesterday. Camps's goal was a cracker as well.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...