BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Other football league 2020/21 season

I watched Stanley beat Charlton last night and they were excellent. The tempo, intensity and work rate was first class and Colby Bishop, who scored both goals, looked like a proper striker. Huge credit to John Coleman for assembling an attractive team on peanuts.

On the evidence of last night our main local derby next season could be against Stanley.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, arbitro said:

I watched Stanley beat Charlton last night and they were excellent. The tempo, intensity and work rate was first class and Colby Bishop, who scored both goals, looked like a proper striker. Huge credit to John Coleman for assembling an attractive team on peanuts.

On the evidence of last night our main local derby next season could be against Stanley.

Or the Dingles

16 minutes ago, philipl said:

Appears that Derby are going into administration.

i dont like to see that for clubs but Derby with all their 32Red bet tricks, Rooneys wage excused as he is a coach, and all that baloney...well, i couldnt think of more deserving clubs.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Backroom

Lambert has been attacking the media for a couple of months now, going so far as to ban one journalist from the TWTD forum from attending press conferences. So, not a surprise to me that they are snapping back at him. Not sure this will make much of a difference as far as Evans is concerned though. 

Edited by DE.

2 hours ago, DE. said:

Lambert has been attacking the media for a couple of months now, going so far as to ban one journalist from the TWTD forum from attending press conferences. So, not a surprise to me that they are snapping back at him. Not sure this will make much of a difference as far as Evans is concerned though. 

why won't Evans be concern by this?

Not a great image for the club?

• Backroom
9 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

why won't Evans be concern by this?

Not a great image for the club?

Lambert has done plenty of things in the last year or so which haven't been great for the image of the club. He's even aimed a few barbs at Evans himself. I don't see the newspaper piece doing much. Evans did an interview a couple of months back where he took a veiled dig at the fans with the old "be careful with what you wish for" line - going on to suggest that he shouldn't have caved to fan pressure to sack McCarthy. 

Remember that Lambo only got handed a new 5 year contract a year ago, despite doing a pretty poor job at the time, so there's obviously something there that Evans likes. He sees Lambert as a long term project, although if they miss out on the playoffs by a wide margin again this season I think he may be left with little choice but to admit defeat and make a change. 

22 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Kean-out esque front page editorial from the Ipswich local rag (who knows their version might actually make a blind bit of difference).

https://www.ipswichstar.co.uk/sport/ipswich-town/eadt-ipswich-star-say-paul-lambert-should-go-7068372

Substitute Lambert's name for Mowbray and League 1 for the Championship and that more or less mirrors our situation here. Doubt we'll ever see a similarly ballsy piece in the LT though.

As for Lambert, he doesnt seem to have changed much since he was here, says all the right things but the performances and results under his watch don't match the spin. At least he didnt insert a get out clause at Ipswich then walk out when things didn't go to plan. Probably realises his stock is going lower and lower with every job he takes.

On 24/01/2021 at 22:25, Mattyblue said:

Kean-out esque front page editorial from the Ipswich local rag (who knows their version might actually make a blind bit of difference).

https://www.ipswichstar.co.uk/sport/ipswich-town/eadt-ipswich-star-say-paul-lambert-should-go-7068372

Interesting editorial. I like how they view themselves as the voice of the fans, especially in a season when there are none. 

3 hours ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Interesting editorial. I like how they view themselves as the voice of the fans, especially in a season when there are none. 

It will be the tractor version of our Crooke...just comes on here and publishes it.  Hope he makes a contribution to the running of the board...

Two very impressive result for Stanley and Morecambe last night. 

Stanley beating Hull, who were top of the table at kick-off. They are 4 points from the play-offs with 3,4 or 5 games in hand on everyone above them except Doncaster.

Morecambe won 2-0 away at Exeter and are now in the third automatic promotion slot. There are a couple of teams with games in hand behind then but still impressive given their resources.

• Like 3