BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Other football league 2020/21 season

45 minutes ago, Mike E said:

Have considered Gamblers Anonymous?

I kid, I've never been in a bookies longer than the time it takes to put a treble on.

I used to go into town and place bets for my Grandad back in the early 70s.

I placed one for myself one time, won about 20 quid, a fortune then. Put the lot back on and lost. Cured for life apart from a few on the Grand National for fun.

I did once bet live at Brighton Racecourse in the late 80s and won over 50 quid on Riyadh Princess. Chose the name as I'd worked there. Spent it on booze! Good choice.

7 hours ago, rigger said:

I think of the four teams in the play-offs, we have the best chance of getting points off Barnsley next season. So I want them to stay down. 

Who cares who we get points off? We wont challenge.

• Backroom

Never understand this rhetoric, certain clubs get heralded like they just deserve more 

meanwhile their amazing fans booed them off today and 

Delighted they got knocked out, if nothing else just to annoy to moron who kept banging on the hoardings today, hurt my ears that did!

• Like 2

On 23/05/2021 at 02:20, bazza said:

So the 9/5 is against Swansea winning which means that 5 is the stake? Therefore £10 (5) means (if Swansea win) you win (9) £18 plus getting your £10 stake back?

Yes

• Like 1

Sheff Wed asked their players to go on furlough over the summer (they’ve rejected the request).

Another basket case of a club, what a mess the game is in.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport/football/news/chansiri-furlough-players-sheffield-wednesday-20702849.amp

Edited by Mattyblue

http://www.skysports.com/share/12319990

Great quote from Appleton in the article. 

At Blackburn he was sacked by a Sporting Director he has still never met. 

"There were things that went on at Blackpool and Blackburn that I probably could not discuss with you. Things that just weren't right and should not have happened "

What a mess we have been for a decade. 

• Like 2

And Blackpool have come through what I considered to be a worse ownership scenario than ours. They are now ok and their supporters are full of beans.

Meanwhile we are still stuck in this living hell.  When fans of both teams marched in protest down Livesey Branch Rd., oo'd 'a' thowt?

• Like 4

1 hour ago, bazza said:

And Blackpool have come through what I considered to be a worse ownership scenario than ours. They are now ok and their supporters are full of beans.

Meanwhile we are still stuck in this living hell.  When fans of both teams marched in protest down Livesey Branch Rd., oo'd 'a' thowt?

It's quite ironic that some of our fans who are so beholden to Venkys by saying they are saving us from being another Bolton or Blackpool. Both of them clubs had awful owners who the fans played a part in getting rid of. Now one has been promoted and the other could be in the Championship next season. And both are run far, far better than we are.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, bazza said:

Yes, Blackpool fans voted with their feet, which is exactly what I am going to do next season.

Not a penny more. 

• Like 6

Rovers loanee Brad Lyons plays through ex Rovers John O'sullivan who earns a penalty for Morecambe in the play offs second half of extra time. 1-0 Morcambe

Final score 1-0 

Well done Morecambe 

Edited by perthblue02
  • Like 1

Bobby Madley was a poor ref before he got the boot from the Premiership for mocking the disabled and it looks like with some time away from the game he has only gotten worse, always likes to make the game about himself. Gutted for Michael Flynn who I think is a very impressive young manager with a good career ahead of him.

It was a footballing travesty that Morecambe have won that game it's one of the worst exhibitions of 'football' if you can call it that, that I have ever seen. They showed no ambition whatsoever to win and have been gifted the win by a dive and a very poor ref. I suspect this time next year they will be heading straight back the other way.

Just now, perthblue02 said:

Rovers loanee Brad Lyons plays through ex Rovers John O'sullivan who earns a penalty for Morecambe in the play offs second half of extra time. 1-0 Morcambe

Final score 1-0 

Well done Morecambe 

And scored by a player Rovers have been linked with this summer. 

Delighted for Morecambe. One of the favourites for relegation at the start of the season. 

• Like 1

Just now, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Delighted for Morecambe. One of the favourites for relegation at the start of the season. 

I shouldn't think the poor bugger would want to stay at Morecambe. Every time he got the ball the rest of the team was at least 20 yards behind him, he'll probably need a pair of binoculars with him when they go away to the likes of Sunderland, Sheffield Wednesday and Ipswich. 

32 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

I shouldn't think the poor bugger would want to stay at Morecambe. Every time he got the ball the rest of the team was at least 20 yards behind him, he'll probably need a pair of binoculars with him when they go away to the likes of Sunderland, Sheffield Wednesday and Ipswich. 

I agree about the style of play and it was a terrible game of football but Morecambe were organised from front to back and from start to finish. Totally solid in defence. Mowbray could learn a thing or two from Derek Adams about organising a defence and getting results due to good coaching.

I believe he is off to Bradford next season.

9 minutes ago, Crimpshrine said:

I agree about the style of play and it was a terrible game of football but Morecambe were organised from front to back and from start to finish. Totally solid in defence. Mowbray could learn a thing or two from Derek Adams about organising a defence and getting results due to good coaching.

I believe he is off to Bradford next season.

Swapping League1 for League 2 would be a move that matches how Adams set his team up today, unambitious. And having seen his interview after the game he is almost certainly off.

Edited by Ewood Ace

• Backroom
1 hour ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

And the Man of the Match?

Former Rover Yann Songo’o