BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Other football league 2020/21 season

On 03/11/2020 at 18:06, Rogerb said:

All football below national league north is suspended except School football. Suspension also appears to affect academy premiership. How does this make sense when at tier 3 level bamber bridge can play. And in front of 400 crowds.

Schools football is suspended.  It may not be officially but nobody is playing. All schools national comps are suspended until January and nobody is playing.  They did finish a few 19/20 finals recently but its now suspended 

Edited by Sparks Rover
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, speeeeeeedie said:

Not strictly football league but it looks like Wrexham are on the verge of being taken over, by 2 actors no less.

Seems like a strange one to me, but it's real; Hollywood to Wrexham

My sister in law is a Wrexham season ticket holder & is very excited by this. They put out a spoof promo video advertising Ifor William's Trailers - Wrexham's club sponsors- as part of their announcement of imminent takeover.  All a bit bizarre, but good luck to them I say.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Atko's Engine said:

My sister in law is a Wrexham season ticket holder & is very excited by this. They put out a spoof promo video advertising Ifor William's Trailers - Wrexham's club sponsors- as part of their announcement of imminent takeover.  All a bit bizarre, but good luck to them I say.

They certainly can't be asset stripping...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Atko's Engine said:

It does seem somewhat random. If I was in the USA would probably be looking at the MLS (still expanding) not the UK. Of course there's spending caps there but different to FUP. Look at Austin FC for example (who have Matthew McConaughey as a minority owner but he's also from Texas so not quite so random) they have sold out season tickets despite what's happening everywhere and it truly does suck if they can't even attend first game. I'm sure Brentford fans are pretty annoyed by their situation new stadium and all. 

Edited by Vinjay

While I'm sure they're in it for the fun of owning a football club, rumour is this is also a play on making a 'Sunderland 'til I Die' style documentary, as they realised it would be cheaper to buy/invest in a club like Wrexham for a couple million than pay an established club for broadcasting rights and then wrangle over distribution rights, etc. They also won't have to deal with club PR micromanaging every frame, making sure the club comes off well (/boring). Main risk/worry is if Wrexham's play doesn't produce enough storylines! But I suspect they'll manage just fine in making lower league football interesting and seems they're already leaning into the quirkiness of the Welsh angle.

I'm a huge Always Sunny fan and McEllhenney's always seemed like a sincere dude. Reynolds' public persona is charming too, if a bit polished haha. Apparently Reynolds may have made 9 figures selling his gin brand this past summer, so he's got plenty of money to invest/lose!

Edited by RoverCanada

• 2 weeks later...

Gus Poyet one of the favourites there - Uruguayan link with their part owner who might be taking over the club and also still quite popular from his first time there.

Parkinson boring to watch but a good record in League One. Can't see many options offering a better chance of promotion than him. Paul Cook would probably do a job.

• Like 1

I had a first looks at league tables yesterday. 

Accrington Stanley are doing well in League 1. Same spot as Rovers, with one more point and at least 2 games in hand on teams above them. Win those and they are in the top 6.

John Coleman has worked wonders in his time there. 

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, speeeeeeedie said:

I had a first looks at league tables yesterday. 

Accrington Stanley are doing well in League 1. Same spot as Rovers, with one more point and at least 2 games in hand on teams above them. Win those and they are in the top 6.

John Coleman has worked wonders in his time there. 

I used to go to Stanley way back when if Rovers were away. From seeing them play the likes of Runcorn FC Halton, Bishop Auckland and Gainsborough Trinity to where they are today is an incredible; they've maintained Football League status for 15 years now and appear well-cemented in the third tier.

Loves bigging himself up doesn't he?

A: Did you see what happened at Celtic the other day? I played in front of it. I know exactly what it’s like. Does it bother me? No. Does the press bother me? No. I’ve played at big clubs. I’ve been the manager of big clubs. I’ve had a career where the pressure is incredible, absolutely incredible. I’ve never wilted once. I don’t expect to wilt again. Unless Marcus (Evans) says something different.

Reminds me of him constantly talking about visiting Klopp etc.

In the latter part of that interview, the reporter doesn't hold back though. 

Edited by JacknOry

• Backroom
38 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

Loves bigging himself up doesn't he?

A: Did you see what happened at Celtic the other day? I played in front of it. I know exactly what it’s like. Does it bother me? No. Does the press bother me? No. I’ve played at big clubs. I’ve been the manager of big clubs. I’ve had a career where the pressure is incredible, absolutely incredible. I’ve never wilted once. I don’t expect to wilt again. Unless Marcus (Evans) says something different.

Reminds me of him constantly talking about visiting Klopp etc.

In the latter part of that interview, the reporter doesn't hold back though. 

So many bizarre quotes from Lambert in that article. He's completely lost it. What's funny is that the journalists he's having a go at for being negative are no worse than what you see printed from the likes of Sharpe. They're known for being too soft, rather than too harsh! 

Lambert and the General Manager (Lee O'Neill) have also put the blame on the TWTD forum (Ipswich's BRFCS, essentially) for increasing negativity. They've also banned the local journo (25 years covering Ipswich) who runs the site.

Would be like Rovers blaming BRFCS for bad runs of form (surprised they didn't during the Kean era tbf) and banning J*B from attending press conferences, should he be inclined to do so. 

Transfer rules post-Brexit.

What interests me more are the rules for non-British managers.

The top two divisions are awash with them at the moment and i will take a lot of convicing they are particularly familiar with the culture of the FA Cup for instance.

As for foreign owners after Brexit...

Edited by Tabula Rasa