BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Other football league 2020/21 season

2 hours ago, DE. said:

I could be reading it wrong but I think they've got some injuries and he's not happy about the negativity. 

Con man - who in fairness conned me. He's not that great at his job, and doesn't seem to like any criticism. It's also worth pointing out their neighbors down the road have a shed load of injuries and are doing alright. Plus, I'm not convinced injuries are an excuse this season since all teams seem to be struggling with them. 

On a separate note, for a guy who allegedly can cope with pressure he doesn't half seem rattled.  

Just now, Tabula Rasa said:

Transfer rules post-Brexit.

What interests me more are the rules for non-British managers.

The top two divisions are awash with them at the moment and i will take a lot of convicing they are particularly familiar with the culture of the FA Cup for instance.

As for foreign owners after Brexit...

Where does that leave our overseas scouting set up ?

2 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Where does that leave our overseas scouting set up ?

Exactly the question I've been asking myself.

The answer lies in the silence...?

City and Liverpool will be OK because they 'own' academies in Europe from whom they can lend and borrow on their own terms.

Edited by Tabula Rasa

• Backroom
Just now, Blue blood said:

I could be reading it wrong but I think they've got some injuries and he's not happy about the negativity. 

Con man - who in fairness conned me. He's not that great at his job, and doesn't seem to like any criticism. It's also worth pointing out their neighbors down the road have a shed load of injuries and are doing alright. Plus, I'm not convinced injuries are an excuse this season since all teams seem to be struggling with them. 

On a separate note, for a guy who allegedly can cope with pressure he doesn't half seem rattled.  

Considering they finished 11th last season after a spectacular post-November implosion, Lambert should be thankful he's in a job at all. Never mind that he was instead rewarded with a 5 year contract, Kean style. Little wonder the fans are upset - although I imagine some of them are feeling a little foolish about forcing McCarthy out right about now. Granted most I speak to still bury their heads in the sand in regards to that and insist "his time was up" for vague, unspecified reasons. 

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

It looks to me that it'll be a lot harder to bring over players that aren't exactly well known on an international level. Just the pond we'll be fishing in. Good job we got Kaminski when we did.

Does make you worry for the European scouting network. Never mind there's still Middlesbrough. 

Also what does it mean for internationals from smaller countries - am I right in thinking they would qualify? 

• Like 1

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

It looks to me that it'll be a lot harder to bring over players that aren't exactly well known on an international level. Just the pond we'll be fishing in. Good job we got Kaminski when we did.

It will be harder for the likes of us but for the big clubs which have 'arrangements' with offshore academies that they own and run, it will be so much easier.

Feeder clubs whilst we wil be hanging about in the bargain basement locally.

A rather negative view but not unrealistic.

On the other hand, would Klopp have been appointed post-Brexit?

• 2 weeks later...

Accrington are looking good in League 1 after beating Gillingham away today. They have at least one game in hand on every team above. 

Rovers, Burnley & Accrington in same division next season a slight possibility!

1   Hull 17 11 2 4 29 15 14 35
2   Peterborough 18 11 1 6 29 18 11 34
3   Portsmouth 18 9 5 4 30 15 15 32
4   Lincoln 17 10 2 5 20 15 5 32
5   Doncaster 16 9 3 4 29 17 12 30
6   Charlton 16 9 3 4 25 16 9 30
7   Ipswich 18 9 3 6 22 19 3 30
8   Accrington 15 9 2 4 23 17 6 29

54 minutes ago, Cherry Blue said:

Accrington are looking good in League 1 after beating Gillingham away today. They have at least one game in hand on every team above. 

Rovers, Burnley & Accrington in same division next season a slight possibility!

1   Hull 17 11 2 4 29 15 14 35
2   Peterborough 18 11 1 6 29 18 11 34
3   Portsmouth 18 9 5 4 30 15 15 32
4   Lincoln 17 10 2 5 20 15 5 32
5   Doncaster 16 9 3 4 29 17 12 30
6   Charlton 16 9 3 4 25 16 9 30
7   Ipswich 18 9 3 6 22 19 3 30
8   Accrington 15 9 2 4 23 17 6 29

What about Wigan 0 - Rochdale 5 .

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, bazza said:

I heard that he, Joey Barton, has had a disagreement with Ched Evans. Maybe Joey has left the club because of lack of support from the owner.

North End have been rumoured to be interested in Ched Evans. The story was that Barton had said Evans would not play for Fleetwood again. Maybe it’s the other way round?

• Like 1

On 04/01/2021 at 19:01, Hasta said:

5 unbeaten as well but too many draws.. Looks like their owners seriously want to get in the play offs at least.

I work with a load of cod heads and pass owner Andy Pilley's house every day. Let's just say he has a colourful past and he and Barton are birds of a feather.