BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Fleetwood Town (A) - Pre-Season 2020/21

20 minutes ago, Miker said:

Dolan has looked very, very good. Hope to see more from him this season.

Agreed, just ran into a blind alley on one occasion, but definitely looks one to watch. At the very least he was eager to impress.

• Like 1

The team second half looked much sharper of course that may have been because the Fleetwood team tired but I though they looked a level above the first half team. Stand out performers for me were Chapman, Armstrong, Dolan. Of the keepers I thought Eastham looked much more assured even when put under pressure by some poor back passes, my main worry with him would be his height for crosses. I thought Brereton and Buckley were very poor and Williams looked like an accident waiting to happen at centre half. A decent work out and for a friendly a fairly watchable game.

• Like 2

Not a bad run out for the first pre season game.

Glad to see the 4-3-3 was built with actual wing play rather than inside target men types.

One thought. If Travis and Buckley are to be two of the first choice midfield three, I think we need to bring in another all-round midfielder type. Somebody box to box who can also contribute to the odd goal. Not sure Evans or Johnson have enough mobility or creativity in them to make the side balanced enough. Aware we’ve priorities elsewhere, though.

Impressed with a few of the youngsters, Dolan especially.

27 minutes ago, windymiller7 said:

Impressed with Eastham that half. As I posted a couple of weeks ago, I was talking to a relative of his & he's been told he'll be 'involved' this season.

On that showing I can see why. Lad looks to have great potential.

My stream was inconsistent but I didn't see him have to make a save. Did I miss some?

Seems odd for him to jump from u-18s to first team involvement when Hilton has had good reviews and Fisher has been around so long. If he is that good why wasn't he put into the u-23s last season? Maybe because the others are too old to drop to u-18 and they needed a good keeper at that level?

27 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Get Dolan in that first team.

He looks class and ready for the championship

steady on,he`s got to pass the mowbray initiation yet,how will he score on the niceness scale,will he pass the mowbray mentality test,is he physically big enough,does he learn from his seniors and the final and most important,can he play out of position

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Good run out. They rarely troubled us.

Eastham looks better than Fisher.

In all fairness, Fisher hasn't played or even trained for 6 months. Eastham and Hilton trained with the first team until the end of the season. A lot of players looked rusty and the conditions in the first half were poor. I am sure they will all get better as the games progress,

Edited by John Siddens
  • Like 5

34 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Looked promising but that seems a massive assumption to make.

Yep, better leave him in the wilderness indefinitely to learn how to play "the Rovers way" and forget about him until he's at least 27.

Mowbray will be particularly peeved that Chapman impressed as well. That'll be the last we see of him until Christmas!.

• Like 1

Rovers win 4-1 and over half of the comments are digs at the manager and his systems. Crikey. Just wait til the actual season starts!

Good run out today.

Eastham > Fisher
Rothwell poor and then injured
Chapman beginning to redeem himself

But most imporantly, Sam Gallagher shouldn't be anywhere near that side, we showed we're better without him today IMO.

1 hour ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Get Dolan in that first team.

He looks class and ready for the championship

I thought Chapman was more impressive in the same position. If I had to pick between the two, I would go with Chapman. Dolan did look a good prospect!

• Like 1

Couldn't watch the whole match but from what I saw:

• Not looking good for Fisher - no surprise he couldn't even make the break through at lower league level on loan
  • Eastham more confident but IMO, too short for a goalie
  • Dolan has that spark - a spark Gallagher and Brereton don't have!
  • Chapman has a spark - Mowbray needs to give the lad a REAL chance as I've been saying for months
  • Like 2