BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Fleetwood Town (A) - Pre-Season 2020/21

Davenport just cleared off the line. Really like the look of him so far. He looked good in the few cameos at the end of last season as well. I think between him, Travis, Evans and Johnson we're well covered in the middle.

Fisher has made several errors and definitely doesn't look like he's ready to even be backup for us so far.

Wharton has looked okay but I think he is not dominant in the air enough. He should be given a chance this season, but I think he should only be there as a backup for Lenihan. Given Lenihan's history with injuries, he'll probably get enough games over the season!

• Like 3

New before he shot he’d miss that penalty. So did he. Fisher had a few dodgy moments. I remember a season or two back in ore season he started away at port vale and did or let a howler in. Trying not to be to judgemental , after all it’s the first game back and mainy a fitness exercise. I’m looking forward to seeing how Hilton does, only seem him twice at youth level but seemed better than what I’ve seen of fisher. Not fair to say that after a couple of games because I’ve seen fisher have good games at youth level.  See what the second half brings with a different line up. See if any unknown stars shine on a dreary afternoon 

Travis and Brereton looked pretty knackered today. Disappointing penalty from Brereton - a few bright moments but he looked more like pre-lockdown Ben than post-lockdown Ben.

Barely noticed Holtby and Buckley - not really convinced by either from that performance. Really want to see a lot more from both of them in creating chances or scoring goals. 

Bell and Nyambe were okay - but for a side that should be battling for promotion I'm not convinced they are good enough. If we were able to bring a class LB and RB, with Bell and Nyambe adding depth, we would have a much stronger squad.

Of course, it's just a friendly against Fleetwood, so can't judge a whole lot from it.

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

So I keep hearing , but I don't see it. Maybe he was under age, but at senior level it's just not happening. 

He is, I've seen it. A far better footballer than BB will ever be. He just doesn't get the ball when he's stuck out wide. He needs to play central. It's not like Tony to get worst out of player by playing him out of position. ?