BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Fleetwood Town (A) - Pre-Season 2020/21

14 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Rovers win 4-1 and over half of the comments are digs at the manager and his systems. Crikey. Just wait til the actual season starts!

Good run out today.

Eastham > Fisher
Rothwell poor and then injured
Chapman beginning to redeem himself

But most imporantly, Sam Gallagher shouldn't be anywhere near that side, we showed we're better without him today IMO.

Agree with everything up to the last paragraph. Seems needless to dig out Gallagher. He deserves as much chance as the rest of them to show what he can do before the season starts. 

If anything, you could argue we could've done with him in the first half as Brereton was awful. He certainly wouldn't have been any worse than him. 

Edited by RoverKyle
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, RoverKyle said:

Brereton was awful

Just not true. Missed a penalty like an abolsute lemon but he wasn't awful, himself and Chapman both linked up fairly well...

And it's not a needless dig at Gallagher, it's a point to be made that we looked really good (esp. second half), without him.

Watched the full game so thanks for Rovers for that facility on to enable fans to watch. 

Good run out for the players who have been only back a week in training so wasn't expect too much today. 

Players who stood out where Chapman, Armstrong, Dolan. Armstrong does what he does best and scores goal. Exactly why he needs to play as striker and not as a winger. Dolan looks an exciting prospect and looks like the penny has finally drop with Chapman and he's wants to part of this first team going forward

Fisher was awful and shown why I said he isn't good enough to part of first team here. Eastham much better and more confidence. Very surprise Joe Hilton didn't get a go today. 

Interesting that Mowbray stuck to his 4-3-3 system but adapt to playing a main striker as the 9 not has a false 9. 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Just not true. Missed a penalty like an abolsute lemon but he wasn't awful, himself and Chapman both linked up fairly well...

And it's not a needless dig at Gallagher, it's a point to be made that we looked really good (esp. second half), without him.

He was caught offside countless times and his pressing was lacklustre. He didn't create or do anything of note, so I'd personally class that as awful. The penalty miss was to be expected. He was walking away from it before he was told to take it. The lad isn't a goalscorer. Would love it if he proved me wrong. 

In the same token, you could say that we don't need Dack as we looked really good without him. Fair enough if you don't like Gallagher, but I don't see why he should be written off before he's kicked a ball this season. 

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Fisher was awful and shown why I said he isn't good enough to part of first team here. Eastham much better and more confidence. Very surprise Joe Hilton didn't get a go today. 

Awful? break it down and it was 2 bad passes for a young lad who hasn't played for ages. Other than that what was bad? Yeah Eastham looked more settled and composed but is very young and will have time. Fisher needs game time, probably on loan but dont write him off. Hilton not even considered.

7 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

He was hopeless nearly every time the ball went up to him he was either offside or committed a foul.

I remember him being offside twice, and the second time Wharton took a long while to get the ball in the channel, the run could've been well timed. 

He'll always be an inelegant player, but hopeless is way too harsh on today's showing. 

Edited by Admiral Nelsen
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

I remember him being offside twice, and the second time Wharton took a long while to get the ball in the channel, the run could've been well timed. 

He'll always be an inelegant player, but hopeless is way too harsh on today's showing. 

I could swear I counted him offside at least 3 or 4 times, which is a lot for one half of football. I wouldn't want to watch it back and check though. Not the easiest half to watch. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Watched the full game so thanks for Rovers for that facility on to enable fans to watch. 

Good run out for the players who have been only back a week in training so wasn't expect too much today. 

Players who stood out where Chapman, Armstrong, Dolan. Armstrong does what he does best and scores goal. Exactly why he needs to play as striker and not as a winger. Dolan looks an exciting prospect and looks like the penny has finally drop with Chapman and he's wants to part of this first team going forward

Interesting that Mowbray stuck to his 4-3-3 system but adapt to playing a main striker as the 9 not has a false 9. 

Very encouraging start for Dolan and hopefully you're correct that Chapman has finally got focused and is ready to get into our first team.

Definitely agree on Arma too, has to play as a striker, i really don't rate him out wide.

For the next pre season id love to see a front 3 of:

Chapman---Armstrong----Dolan

For a good 45mins (if either Chapman or Dolan can play LW)

3 pacey, tricky, dynamic players. Everything Gallagher and Brereton are not.

1 minute ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Did you watch the game? 

Yes , as a fullback he constantly left space behind him which was being exploited. On one occasion he took the ball around the halfway line, he turned towards his own goal then lost the ball in a dangerous situation , luckily Fleetwood did not make anything of it. He is a footballer, but not of championship level. But he is certainly not a fullback.

Edited by rigger
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, John Siddens said:

Awful? break it down and it was 2 bad passes for a young lad who hasn't played for ages. Other than that what was bad? Yeah Eastham looked more settled and composed but is very young and will have time. Fisher needs game time, probably on loan but dont write him off. Hilton not even considered.

Fisher isn't good enough. He went on loan last season and never played a league game at league 1 and 2 level. He is 22 years old and never played a 1st  league team game here. If he was good enough he would be playing us or at least number 2 here. I think Hilton is much better based on what I have seen. 

I said for 2 years that Fisher need 1st team football. He never had it, so doesn't develop. He needs to go and play at a club regular same as Hilton does not, with Eastham the under 23's keeper 

24 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Very encouraging start for Dolan and hopefully you're correct that Chapman has finally got focused and is ready to get into our first team.

Definitely agree on Arma too, has to play as a striker, i really don't rate him out wide.

For the next pre season id love to see a front 3 of:

Chapman---Armstrong----Dolan

For a good 45mins (if either Chapman or Dolan can play LW)

3 pacey, tricky, dynamic players. Everything Gallagher and Brereton are not.

We have different options and the future looks good. 

Armstrong isn't wide player by trade he is striker who is goal machine. 

1 hour ago, JoeH said:

After missing the penalty he hid out wide. Which was a shame because he had started well.