BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thoughts anyone? Now almost July with an end to the season in sight and likelihood of championship football for another season (at least). Granted we do have a distant chance of a play off spot but it is a long shot. I would have thought there would be rumblings about next seasons shirts as well as season tickets costs as well as perhaps what the start of next season may look like or even start for that matter. Any snippets out there ?

I'm not a businessman but I would have thought having new shirts on sale now or asap would be a good idea, as would season tickets. 

Many people who have been unable to go on holiday, to matches or to the pub etc. over the last few months will have some spare cash to spend. As the lockdown relaxes and we get into July and August the chances are people will find other things to spend money on, including potentially taking the kids away on a summer holiday. 

I've lost track but I think we have at least another year of Umbro. Can't remember if Bet 10 signed up for 2 years or 3 or if they are carrying on. 

I saw something yesterday that the intention was to start next season in September to ensure it is finished in time for the Euros next June.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, JHRover said:

I've lost track but I think we have at least another year of Umbro. Can't remember if Bet 10 signed up for 2 years or 3 or if they are carrying on. 

To the best of my knowledge we have another year of Umbro & 10Bet, both out at the end of next season (whenever that is). Unknown as to whether they are seasonally dated deals or based on calendar years to June etc... would have to assume seasonally.

After this season and Tony's baffling team selections, Constant square pegs in round holes. Players like Bennett, Bretherton, Holtby, Gally, Johnson, no goalie, I wont be bothering renewing my season ticket. I have had enough..

• Like 3

I'm thinking at the moment that I'll be renewing to whatever is available but unless Mowbray goes or there is a complete 180 in our performances I won't be attending many games once fans are allowed back in to the ground. I've had enough after watching two seasons of utter garbage and I'd rather enjoy the free time I have.

I realise this might not be a massive incentive for Waggott and the V's to pot Mowbray but I don't want it on my conscience that the Club folded at a point when I hadn't renewed my ST either.

• Like 1

On 30/06/2020 at 14:20, chaddyrovers said:

Its seems that the EFL, PL and FA havent thought when next season will start. or about pre season. 

The club is trying sell this season shirts and other clothing items but Rovers need to next shirt on sale by August/September

It's not rocket science.

This season should all be wrapped up by end of July.

Players have only recently returned from almost three months off so I'd give them a week off when season begins and then gear up for new season to start on Sat 5 Sept..  Gives clubs five to 6 weeks to sort out contract issues and effect player trading.  If God created the heavens and earth in a mere six days then surely it's not beyond the wit of absurdly highly paid football personnel to do what they need to in the approximate six week gap between 2019/20 finishing and 2020/21 starting.

Can't see fans being allowed back into stadia until Jan 2021 so we are probably looking at half season tickets.  Family / business season tickets are firmly off my agenda whilst Mowbray is our manager - I simply refuse to 'invest' in a Rovers' team, IMO, which, in the main, serves up Sunday pub league football.

Wonder if Waggott and Mowbray etc will volunteer substantial pay cuts, as opposed to present deferrals, to help the club through what is going to be a very, very tricky financial period !?!?  The club's income during coronavirus has been lost, not deferred!

Interesting times ahead.

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Mercer said:

It's not rocket science.

This season should all be wrapped up by end of July.

Players have only recently returned from almost three months off so I'd give them a week off when season begins and then gear up for new season to start on Sat 5 Sept..  Gives clubs five to 6 weeks to sort out contract issues and effect player trading.  If God created the heavens and earth in a mere six days then surely it's not beyond the wit of absurdly highly paid football personnel to do what they need to in the approximate six week gap between 2019/20 finishing and 2020/21 starting.

Can't see fans being allowed back into stadia until Jan 2021 so we are probably looking at half season tickets.  Family / business season tickets are firmly off my agenda whilst Mowbray is our manager - I simply refuse to 'invest' in a Rovers' team, IMO, which, in the main, serves up Sunday pub league football.

Wonder if Waggott and Mowbray etc will volunteer substantial pay cuts, as opposed to present deferrals, to help the club through what is going to be a very, very tricky financial period !?!?  The club's income during coronavirus has been lost, not deferred!

Interesting times ahead.

Well Uefa and FIFA have fixtures schedule for the around the start of September for national teams to play. Plus we have European competitions to be played in August. 

I am more than to sign up for 2 seasons season ticket right now. The question is how are fans going to watch games next season if we arent allowed back into stadiums when the restart starts

I can see around a date of 19th of September as a possible date. 

8 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Well Uefa and FIFA have fixtures schedule for the around the start of September for national teams to play. Plus we have European competitions to be played in August. 

I am more than to sign up for 2 seasons season ticket right now. The question is how are fans going to watch games next season if we arent allowed back into stadiums when the restart starts

I can see around a date of 19th of September as a possible date. 

Free vaccine with every season ticket sold in September .

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

Fans into grounds will be allowed October and I think it will be initially one third or a half capacity. Shouldn’t really affect us but how good would it be to see a boost in crowds for next season

If Mowbray is still in charge I think you will be looking at a drop in crowds.

• Like 3

On the subject of new shirts, the Umbro teams have started to release/leak their kits for the 2020/2021.

Our last year of the current Umbro deal, if I remember correctly. Heard some rumours to a new supplier, which I'll keep to myself as it may be complete tosh, but if true would be a real crowd pleaser.

As for this year, Umbro and 10Bet confirmed, hopefully a more royal blue, after two seasons of lighter shades.

Keeper kit design already confirmed with Bournemouth, just assume we'll have the same or different colours.

https://www.footyheadlines.com/2020/07/derby-county-20-21-home-kit.html for possible clues.

Hopefully it is Hummel and not Adidas, Nike or Puma. Hummel would actually put some thought into the design unlike the others (especially Adidas) as they knock out pretty much the same design for everyone bar the major teams.

• Like 3