BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

On 25/07/2020 at 18:34, JoeH said:

These are the two I'd come up with. Some contention with collars, it's very 50/50, some hate collars, some love them. I think the basic concept of the Black and Red away kit is something that pretty much everyone I've spoken to would get behind. A lot of home kit concept designs you see seem to feature WAY too much red for my liking, but some people like to see red on the home kit. I have a bunch of other concept designs which I've posted online but if anyone has any interest I'm happy to message them on here (as to not clog up the forum)

1952799480_Screenshot2020-07-25at18_29_30.thumb.png.bd5a8c159b1081043217bf2d4f661019.png990207625_Screenshot2020-07-25at18_29_38.thumb.png.11d49a966bc052fc40af75447de49037.png

love that away shirt.

• Like 3

On 25/07/2020 at 18:34, JoeH said:

These are the two I'd come up with. Some contention with collars, it's very 50/50, some hate collars, some love them. I think the basic concept of the Black and Red away kit is something that pretty much everyone I've spoken to would get behind. A lot of home kit concept designs you see seem to feature WAY too much red for my liking, but some people like to see red on the home kit. I have a bunch of other concept designs which I've posted online but if anyone has any interest I'm happy to message them on here (as to not clog up the forum)

1952799480_Screenshot2020-07-25at18_29_30.thumb.png.bd5a8c159b1081043217bf2d4f661019.png990207625_Screenshot2020-07-25at18_29_38.thumb.png.11d49a966bc052fc40af75447de49037.png

wasnt that red and black kit the one we couldnt win a game for months.

I know we lose the red neckline on the Home shirt but I like both of these and, notwithstanding the betting company advert - which I abhor - wouldn't really mind wearing either to games.

My home shirt goes back to the season when it took our owners absolute AGES to get permission from the Prince of Wales for his Charidee's emblem to appear on the front.

As a devout non-Royalist, I bought my shirt, early doors, without the emblem and then, erm, 'forgot' to take it in to have the emblem eventually fixed to it. Which, in my eyes, makes it as good as the pre-1980s 'Adverts' shirts!

Trying to think of what's causing the new kit delay, as we already know its made by Umbro and sponsored by 10 Bet and Watson Ramsbottom......

Maybe waiting for Wednesday when we will know all 24 teams in the league and the calendar finally flips to the 2020/2021 season?

Still predicting a return to 'proper' blue, white shorts and we've had blue socks for seven years in a row, so maybe a return to white socks??

As for the change strip, red hasn't been used (as a main colour) for a primary away kit since the 2015/2016 season, the last with Nike, so I'm guessing at red, though its hard to use an away kit that's red away at Nottingham Forest, Middlesbrough and Bristol......so maybe not? Even though we should always wear blue and white when appropriate.

Another one for kit geeks like me, we've not worn matching blue away shorts since the 2015/16 season. Those navy shorts used in the League One promotion campaign looked very out of place!

pixel.gif

I think all five of the strips used since our Championship return in 2018 have been weak, so lets see if Umbro can finish strong before the new suppliers next season.

1 hour ago, rog of the rovers said:

Trying to think of what's causing the new kit delay, as we already know its made by Umbro and sponsored by 10 Bet and Watson Ramsbottom......

Maybe waiting for Wednesday when we will know all 24 teams in the league and the calendar finally flips to the 2020/2021 season?

Still predicting a return to 'proper' blue, white shorts and we've had blue socks for seven years in a row, so maybe a return to white socks??

As for the change strip, red hasn't been used (as a main colour) for a primary away kit since the 2015/2016 season, the last with Nike, so I'm guessing at red, though its hard to use an away kit that's red away at Nottingham Forest, Middlesbrough and Bristol......so maybe not? Even though we should always wear blue and white when appropriate.

Another one for kit geeks like me, we've not worn matching blue away shorts since the 2015/16 season. Those navy shorts used in the League One promotion campaign looked very out of place!

pixel.gif

I think all five of the strips used since our Championship return in 2018 have been weak, so lets see if Umbro can finish strong before the new suppliers next season.

I think you are being kind here to Rovers, expecting there to be some larger reason why the kits aren't out yet.

In the end I think it is just further evidence of the malaise and drift there is at the club that we witness every year.

It comes down from the top and infests every element of the club. It is why we have no season tickets, are always among the last to put them on sale, are always among the latest to release kits, and now are drifting without any direction from the owners, seemingly no budget or communication and a CEO who hasn't been seen or heard from in months.

The kit will be ready. It will either be sat in boxes at Ewood or in a warehouse somewhere waiting to be delivered. I genuinely don't think there is anyone currently working at Rovers who will be dealing with this sort of thing.

Earlier I was looking at Oldham's new kit for their 125th anniversary. Very nice, complete with special club crest and all sorts of stuff on their page about the history behind it. Now that's a 4th.division club, run by a very unpopular owner with gates of a few thousand. Yet miles ahead of us in efforts.

• Like 1

Funny you mention anniversaries, it’s our 150th in 2025.

I look back to the 125th, when we were also a Championship club, yet that’s where the similarities with the present set up ends. The team played in a special vintage kit against Wolves that you could buy, there were commemorative books, a parade of legendary players from pre war to some of the title winning side, etc etc.

150 years for a founder member and a club with such a rich heritage should mean an even bigger effort, a real occasion. But does anybody expect anything apart from maybe a banner on the big screen?

I can cope with an average team, that’s football, it’s the neglect that really saddens me.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 8

30 minutes ago, JHRover said:

I think you are being kind here to Rovers, expecting there to be some larger reason why the kits aren't out yet.

In the end I think it is just further evidence of the malaise and drift there is at the club that we witness every year.

It comes down from the top and infests every element of the club. It is why we have no season tickets, are always among the last to put them on sale, are always among the latest to release kits, and now are drifting without any direction from the owners, seemingly no budget or communication and a CEO who hasn't been seen or heard from in months.

The kit will be ready. It will either be sat in boxes at Ewood or in a warehouse somewhere waiting to be delivered. I genuinely don't think there is anyone currently working at Rovers who will be dealing with this sort of thing.

Earlier I was looking at Oldham's new kit for their 125th anniversary. Very nice, complete with special club crest and all sorts of stuff on their page about the history behind it. Now that's a 4th.division club, run by a very unpopular owner with gates of a few thousand. Yet miles ahead of us in efforts.

As much as a I believe the kits should be out, in order to generate revenue, some of this seems OTT.

The training range was launched about 2 weeks ago, so clearly people are there to deal with new stock and postal orders. 

Huge clubs such as Liverpool and Real Madrid only launched kits in the last week; its not as if we're the 92nd team in england/wales to launch a new shirt. And whilst i dont want to comment on season tickets too much in this thread - the club, like all the others, cant even tell you what you'd be buying. For all the comments I've seen about refunds later, or changing what comes in the ticket - what's the point, other than it causes more work at some point down the line? My guess would be single IFollow sales until its confirmed crowds can return. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

I look back to the 125th, when we were also a Championship club, yet that’s where the similarities with the present set up ends. The team played in a special vintage kit against Wolves that you could buy, there were commemorative books, a parade of legendary players from pre war to some of the title winning side, etc etc.

150 years for a founder member and a club with such a rich heritage should mean an even bigger effort, a real occasion. But does anybody expect anything apart from maybe a banner on the big screen?

I can cope with an average team, that’s football, it’s the neglect that really saddens me.

I reckon you might have set a record for unnecessary early judgement! 5 Years into the future you think we may not put enough effort into an anniversary celebration?  Talk about searching for something to huff over.

I really don't think there's much precedent to say the club won't do something special. We did all sorts for the PL25 celebration, dinners, former players returning, video packages, monthly reviews of the 94/95 season on social media. I'm fairly sure this was when they renamed the road outside "Alan Shearer Way" too which isn't exactly a small thing. Going by some other clubs it wouldn't come as a surprise if we ended up with one of those special "one year only" commemorative badges with 150 years written underneath like Birmingham did recently. 

The club did very little for PL25.

It was a council initiative to rename the street as part of the Pennine Lancashire road development programme (and that was 5 years ago anyway). 

The dinners (and Ewood match day appearances on the back of them) were organised by the Former Players Association, one in 2015 when most of the squad returned and one this year for a title winning edition of the Hall of Fame.

Video packages and posting grainy VHS footage on social media, you say! Can’t wait for more!

Who’s in a huff? I’ve told you what I expect, going off the evidence this past 8 years as we’ve been hollowed out, that those running the club will do the bare minimum and it won’t hold a candle to 2000. Love to be proven wrong, but I predict it will be the work of the likes of the FPA that make the effort.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 2

About 5 years ago it was our 140th anniversary. I don't recall so much as a mention of it from the club. Certainly weren't any commemorative events, merchandise or similar.

Birmingham City, a footballing nonentity compared to Rovers, had their 140th the same year. They had a special crest, kit and all sorts of stuff to celebrate it.

Nobody down there has the interest or ambition to do anything about it.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Bloody hell Matty !! Some of us  may not even be here in Five ??! years ..crikey !

Lets see if 2020/21 kicks off first ..

17 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

The club did very little for PL25.

It was a council initiative to rename the street as part of the Pennine Lancashire road development programme (and that was 5 years ago anyway). 

The dinners (and Ewood match day appearances on the back of them) were organised by the Former Players Association, one in 2015 when most of the squad returned and one this year for a title winning edition of the Hall of Fame.

Video packages and posting grainy VHS footage on social media, you say! Can’t wait for more!

Who’s in a huff? I’ve told you what I expect, going off the evidence this past 8 years as we’ve been hollowed out, that those running the club will do the bare minimum and it won’t hold a candle to 2000. Love to be proven wrong, but I predict it will be the work of the likes of the FPA that make the effort.

It's five years away and you simply do not know what will happen.

Sorry both thought this was a Rovers discussion board? We can’t talk about the future? Best lock half the threads then. Our next big milestone as a club is said event, so when JH mentioned anniversaries it reminded me that ours will be here soon enough and IN MY OPINION, we’ll do feck all about it. The club themselves did bugger all about PL25, so we’ll see more of the same.

If you think they will, good for you, but as proven Joe, when you got abusive at everyone for not trusting the club ‘who were all working hard’ on packages to give us all a choice of refunds/deferred tickets etc, then apologising the day after when it was ifollow or nowt, you have more faith in the set up than me.

Anyway we best leave it there, as it was merely a wistful looking back to a great time for the club in 2000/01, though the ongoing faith that some still have in those running the club (against a decade of evidence) that they give the tiniest shite about the club’s heritage does amuse me (see the piss poor approach to the remembrance of past players, as another example) , but there you go. Back to the topic of the exciting kit reveal of more Umbro half arsed-ness. 

Edited by Mattyblue

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

About 5 years ago it was our 140th anniversary. I don't recall so much as a mention of it from the club. Certainly weren't any commemorative events, merchandise or similar.

Birmingham City, a footballing nonentity compared to Rovers, had their 140th the same year. They had a special crest, kit and all sorts of stuff to celebrate it.

Nobody down there has the interest or ambition to do anything about it.

Who down there actually cares ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

We can’t talk about the future?

You can talk about the future. But what I find silly is saying "it’s the neglect that really saddens me." about something that HASN'T HAPPENED YET!

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

when you got abusive at everyone

I told people to wait and see, and that I thought the club would follow through. I apologised to one poster after the fact because I said, "if not I'll happily come back an apologise". I didn't "abuse" anybody.

So overdramatic, a little like being upset about the clubs potential actions in five years time.

Just now, JoeH said:

You can talk about the future. But what I find silly is saying "it’s the neglect that really saddens me." about something that HASN'T HAPPENED YET!

I dont want to speak for him but I suspect that the neglect that he mentions is obviously not specifically about this event 5 years down the line, it is across their full ownership. 

Overdramatic? Pot and kettle :lol: You are one of the biggest tantrum-ers on the site!

But you’re damn right, I’m very upset about the neglect of this club this past decade (note past) and that’s why I have little hope for future initiatives, in a way I envy younger fans like yourself that knows little else but this stripped down operation.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

I dont want to speak for him

No but usually I have notifications from the both of you on everything I post... ever. It's fun! I actually don't think I can think of a post where I haven't had a disagreeing response from either one of you. 

2 hours ago, JoeH said:

What saddens me is that right now just getting the club to REACH it’s 150 year anniversary will be an achievement under this bunch of unfit owners and inadequate club officials.

“Penny wise and pound foolish” just about sums up our lot - except for the “wise” of course.

The height of our club’s import placed on its heritage is Jack’s head stuck on a lolly stick and stuck to a metal railing. They don’t even bother to clean the stadium fixtures of the mold.