BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

To be fair to the club they have little control over when shirts go on sale, they’re reliant on Umbro shipping them and then the players returning for a photo to launch. Umbro ship training kits (because players need them, along with a set of first team kits) then their big selling teams replicas first.

12 minutes ago, laughatthedingles said:

To be fair to the club they have little control over when shirts go on sale, they’re reliant on Umbro shipping them and then the players returning for a photo to launch. Umbro ship training kits (because players need them, along with a set of first team kits) then their big selling teams replicas first.

Someone contact Umbro then 

8 hours ago, laughatthedingles said:

I'm under the impression that the pictures have already been taken, on the day the training range pictures were done. It's not a case of the media side of things, it's about the club trying to make as much money as they can from this years kit (see todays news about £10 junior and £15 adults 19/20 kit sale). Once they've shifted everything they think they can, then they'll release it I reckon.

I also think there's a strategy at play which goes along the lines of, make the fans wait and more will buy upon release. I wouldn't be shocked to learn that they're trying to build up some suspense for the release to boost sales given the lack of finances coming into the club over recent months.

I'm guessing that the club shop not being open has a big part to play in it too as the sponsors are printed on the shirts by the club shop, and not Umbro, so they would need more than one person working there to get all the shirts ready.

The one big problem about the club shop staff doing it is that at least one member of staff doesn't know how to align the printing correctly. This is made evident by some of the dodgy unaligned printing seen on some of the shirts worn by player's, and also my away shirts from the past two seasons where the 10Bet sponsor hasn't been centrally aligned.

26 minutes ago, Gumbi said:

I'm guessing that the club shop not being open has a big part to play in it too as the sponsors are printed on the shirts by the club shop, and not Umbro, so they would need more than one person working there to get all the shirts ready.

The one big problem about the club shop staff doing it is that at least one member of staff doesn't know how to align the printing correctly. This is made evident by some of the dodgy unaligned printing seen on some of the shirts worn by player's, and also my away shirts from the past two seasons where the 10Bet sponsor hasn't been centrally aligned.

I’m massively surprised about that.

That’s not the way it works in most places surely?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, S8 & Blue said:

I’m massively surprised about that.

That’s not the way it works in most places surely?

I think it's possibly down to the first team, youth team, and womens team all having different sponsors so it's more cost productive to receive the shirts unsponsored. It also allows the club to sell shirts with the womens team sponsor on it. Also, if we were to play any pre-season friendlies in France, we wouldn't be able to have 10Bet on the front as betting sponsors are prohibited in France.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Gumbi said:

if we were to play any pre-season friendlies in France, we wouldn't be able to have 10Bet on the front as betting sponsors are prohibited in France.

I’ve seen campaigns trying to push for that here... would finish the Championship off!

Just now, JHRover said:

Is there anyone in the commercial team working at Rovers or are they all still furloughed? 

If so we can forget anything happening any time soon. Even if it is commercial suicide.

Email Lynsey Talbot tonight asking when are the new shirts going to announce and be available to buy. So let's see we get a response noe

All the promo material is done by Umbro now (it was last year too) and will already have been done. It will be in the same style as the Huddesfield one. It's just a case of waiting for the club to decide a release date for it.

Edited by Gumbi

• Backroom
4 hours ago, Herbie6590 said:

Umbro have launched Huddersfield’s kits...the blue is lovely & the away kit red is also a neat shade but not a big fan of the collars TBH

6A50C0CA-7F69-4C52-AABE-D5ACC6F35045.png

C0B86ACE-BAAC-4811-8CF1-D60D863C19A7.png

That blue is stunning I hope we get that shade, the red is horrible though which almost invalidates your first opinion!