BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Year to go with 10bet, wasn’t there?

So have we now lost a year of sponsorship income? I imagine that it won’t exactly amount to a fortune, but it all adds up to why the place is locked up with the season only a month away...

Edited by Mattyblue

3 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Year to go with 10bet, wasn’t there?

Have we lost a year of sponsorship? I imagine that it won’t exactly amount to a fortune, but it all adds up to why the place is locked up with the season only a month away...

Given the apparent precarious nature of our finances, losing the final year of the 10bet sponsorship would be a huge blow.

But even so, a club with fans onside could generate the income - even if through sponsorship of local businesses - to see us through a bad year. Maybe WW / WEC Group will reach into their pockets to help out again?

10Bet was £3m over three seasons, but with no info on how that money was paid and in what kind of instalments, we’ll never know how hard that’s actually hit us.

Visually, the kits will look twice as good now without a sponsor

5 minutes ago, JoeH said:

10Bet was £3m over three seasons, but with no info on how that money was paid and in what kind of instalments, we’ll never know how hard that’s actually hit us.

Visually, the kits will look twice as good now without a sponsor

Doesn’t matter because a contract is a contract. Unless they had a break clause of some description, they will have had to buy themselves out of the deal. We’ll probably get a percentage of what they should have paid and the opportunity to get money from a new sponsor for the season, might not be too bad for our finances.

• Like 1

I cannot believe that the deal with 10 Bet was structured to allow them to drop out mid way through at short notice and not be liable.

That sort of arrangement seems to be highly risky to the club and no risk at all to 10 Bet. Essentially they had secured 3 years sponsorship of a Championship club but could drop out and not be liable for the final tranche of money?

They've pulled a blinder if so.

This is at least a proper excuse for the lack of new shirts. The club could have announced this earlier. Surely there is a date in the contract by which 10 Bet had to give notice to enable Rovers to plan accordingly.

Now it's time for our commercial director to earn his crust and secure a decent new sponsor. Won't be easy in the middle of a pandemic without a commercial director and the club in lockdown.

Maybe we're going to have another season with no sponsor. How many times has that happened in Venkys tenure?

• Backroom

Surely they can’t just back out we would have had them tied in financially?

Hope it’s not another betting firm, we should reach out to Eurogarages, the logo may look crap but local, minted and ever expanding.

3 minutes ago, JHRover said:

I cannot believe that the deal with 10 Bet was structured to allow them to drop out mid way through at short notice and not be liable.

That sort of arrangement seems to be highly risky to the club and no risk at all to 10 Bet. Essentially they had secured 3 years sponsorship of a Championship club but could drop out and not be liable for the final tranche of money?

They've pulled a blinder if so.

This is at least a proper excuse for the lack of new shirts. The club could have announced this earlier. Surely there is a date in the contract by which 10 Bet had to give notice to enable Rovers to plan accordingly.

Now it's time for our commercial director to earn his crust and secure a decent new sponsor. Won't be easy in the middle of a pandemic without a commercial director and the club in lockdown.

Maybe we're going to have another season with no sponsor. How many times has that happened in Venkys tenure?

Why blame the club at every opportunity, looks same has happened to Southampton and another unarmed premier club, hindsight great, who was to know a pandemic was two years off, we could have picked someone else and the same could have happened.

No one,only the club have the details Let’s wait and see what happens, and how can they announce something they might not have known about.

Unfortunately there is a major recession in this country and world wide.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Prelude said:

Anyone think if we dont find a sponsor fast that Venkys will be plastered accross the shirts again ?

The only time that's happened was for an advert in India wasn't it?

On the plus side we may get shirts without a sponsor. On the other hand massive black hole in our finances, where even tens of thousands could be significant. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, unsall said:

Why blame the club at every opportunity, looks same has happened to Southampton and another unarmed premier club, hindsight great, who was to know a pandemic was two years off, we could have picked someone else and the same could have happened.

No one,only the club have the details Let’s wait and see what happens, and how can they announce something they might not have known about.

Unfortunately there is a major recession in this country and world wide.

I'm not blaming the club especially. I dont doubt there is a break clause in the deal, I just think if 10 Bet are not liable for costs then that is a poor deal that we have signed up for. It seems heavily weighted in their favour rather than ours.

On the flipside if they have had to pay a termination fee and we can now get a new sponsor it might be a good thing. Remember we signed up with 10 Bet just out of League One and we are now looking for a sponsor as an established Championship side.

I worry partly about the general economic situation (albeit some companies are doing perfectly well at the moment) but also because we have a history in recent years of being unable to secure a shirt sponsor. It happened in 2011 when we gave it away to the Princes Trust and then again the following year when we didn't have one.

Just now, davulsukur said:

Didn't we have the princes trust last time we failed to get a sponsor?

We did eventually. It was the season after our PL relegation and we played for some time with no sponsor, probably because the club had become toxic. 

2 minutes ago, JHRover said:

I'm not blaming the club especially. I dont doubt there is a break clause in the deal, I just think if 10 Bet are not liable for costs then that is a poor deal that we have signed up for. It seems heavily weighted in their favour rather than ours.

On the flipside if they have had to pay a termination fee and we can now get a new sponsor it might be a good thing. Remember we signed up with 10 Bet just out of League One and we are now looking for a sponsor as an established Championship side.

I worry partly about the general economic situation (albeit some companies are doing perfectly well at the moment) but also because we have a history in recent years of being unable to secure a shirt sponsor. It happened in 2011 when we gave it away to the Princes Trust and then again the following year when we didn't have one.

Would expect the contract to be bilateral with a relatively small compensation amount to be paid by the terminating party.

In terms of getting a sponsor - we're not on TV much, half empty stadium, would imagine modest shirt sales at best. Recentish history of negative press with boycotting fans. Hardly screams a great advertising vehicle. 

3 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Let’s hope someone down there comes up with a decent sponsor and if they have known a while, something might already be in place.( eternal optimist) lol.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Waggott should be able to deliver a sponsor. He managed to find a sponsor for almost every square inch of the stadium, shirt or shorts at one point. I remember looking around thinking I was walking into a life sized, all too real middle page of a hello magazine.

I only hope it isn't something tacky and horrible like "Totally Wicked".

This is what he has been brought in for. UK business experience and to manage the club accordingly - if he can't find a sponsor then you have to start asking what is the point in him earning a pay cheque? 

Edited by Dreams of 1995
  • Like 1

I haven't a clue what this will cost in lost revenue but I'd be amazed if it that money hadn't been budgeted for. Finding a major sponsor with less than four weeks to go until kick off will be extremely difficult. Hopefully there was a cancellation clause in the contract and we can recoup some of what has been lost.

• Backroom
Just now, Dreams of 1995 said:

Waggott should be able to deliver a sponsor. He managed to find a sponsor for almost every square inch of the stadium, shirt or shorts at one point. I remember looking around thinking I was walking into a life sized, all too real middle page of a hello magazine.

I only hope it isn't something tacky and horrible like "Totally Wicked".

This is what he has been brought in for. UK business experience and to manage the club accordingly - if he can't find a sponsor then you have to start asking what is the point in him earning a pay cheque? 

I did worry about Totally Wicked but I doubt they’d be allowed as a main sponsor, at least I hope not