BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

31 minutes ago, belfast_rover said:

I always assumed, on the basis of absolutely nothing, that sponsors were primarily paying for their logo to appear on the team jersey in games on tv, in the press and in their own promotional material - rather than on the replicas fans wear. 

Primarily yes, but if you get a picture or video of Rovers fans and half are in the new shirt, if we release without the sponsor, the company miss their logo being shown dozens if not hundreds of times. Multiply across a season and that's thousands of times you expect your logo to appear

5 hours ago, DeeCee said:

Don't think so? Ankle busters lol they were the white Hummel Tufspin or the Adidas ones.

Vintage-Football-Boots-1970-retro-soccer-shoes-TufSpin.jpg

download.jpeg

I thought this was a joke when I just saw these on here (must've been out just before my time)

What a thoroughly stupid idea! How did these ever make it into production? Surely the first bloke to try on the prototype must've said something (after he'd fallen over, dislocated his left ankle and done the knee ligaments in his right!)

Edited by windymiller7
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Puma for me.

Yep, I was mainly Puma, TS, although I did have a pair of Adidas much later on. Arbitro and EiT May remember this but there was a very decent player in our year at SMC, Charlie Fairclough (think he supported the Clarettes). Anyway he had a pair of Adidas 2000 and I think he was the only lad with a pair of boots that good. It was 1969-70. We were all very envious. Think his family must have had a bit of brass because his dad had a cine camera and filmed our 7-7 draw with QEGS that season. ?

• Like 3

23 hours ago, oldjamfan1 said:

I have no idea mate - but anyone who wore them back then stuck out like a sore thumb. Imagine wearing white boots on the mud of Blacksnape.

Had three good seasons up at Blacksnape, Andy, until I snapped and dislocated my ankle. Must have been the joint highest pitches in Lancashire, along with Trawden. Bloody freezing in the depths of winter.

57 minutes ago, Claytons Left Boot said:

Had three good seasons up at Blacksnape, Andy, until I snapped and dislocated my ankle. Must have been the joint highest pitches in Lancashire, along with Trawden. Bloody freezing in the depths of winter.

Nasty Mark! Coldest I’ve ever been on a footie pitch was at YMCA in Mellor during a particularly bad blizzard. Blacksnape was very exposed to the elements - my last Lancashire house in Hoddlesden looked onto those pitches; happy memories mate!

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, oldjamfan1 said:

Nasty Mark! Coldest I’ve ever been on a footie pitch was at YMCA in Mellor during a particularly bad blizzard. Blacksnape was very exposed to the elements - my last Lancashire house in Hoddlesden looked onto those pitches; happy memories mate!

Not to mention the mole hills.  When i was very young i played on a pitch a bit further down away from the changing rooms at Blacksnape...was like a proper farmers field...when the hail and wind came and the ball smacked your thighs

• Like 1

Interestingly, the u23's played today and wore last seasons away kit, but it had the new EFL numbers on and has a sponsor on it that doesn't look like anything that's ever been used for any of our teams. It's also the wrong shape to be a patch put over the 10Bet sponsor. This makes me think last seasons away will be used as a third kit and that a new sponsorship deal has been agreed.

Large

Edited by Gumbi

The detective work Gumbi! Love it

From Instagram of Sam Burns, no sponsor, but the third kit option could be correct (though personally I hope not, as I dislike the kit)

If correct, would most likely mean a dark away kit. Black/Red/Navy as it would be the lighter contrasting option. If so.....Another season of this kit away at Barnsley, Middlesbrough, Bristol City 

A41DB21F-014F-4006-A771-E8BD2F82B59B.png

8 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

Not to mention the mole hills.  When i was very young i played on a pitch a bit further down away from the changing rooms at Blacksnape...was like a proper farmers field...when the hail and wind came and the ball smacked your thighs

Roman Road - a lot of the schools and youth teams used those pitches as I recall?

Could be BS, but somebody on twitter reckons the new sponsor is a Australian sports company, states his source is the company that have been assigned to put their advertising brand around Ewood.

in the thread of a rich sharpe tweet.

Pretty narrow field once you weed out the ones that could potentially be in conflict with Umbro kit supply contract.

Edited by perthblue02

26 minutes ago, perthblue02 said:

Could be BS, but somebody on twitter reckons the new sponsor is a Australian sports company, states his source is the company that have been assigned to put their advertising brand around Ewood.

in the thread of a rich sharpe tweet.

Pretty narrow field once you weed out the ones that could potentially be in conflict with Umbro kit supply contract.

Kookaburra? It's the only one I know!