BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

3 hours ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Kookaburra? It's the only one I know!

Funnily enough my first thought, but can not see the benefit to them of sponsoring Rovers.

Maybe if that rumour is true it may be something like sportslink travel as I can't really see it being a sportswear manufacturer, unless its something like Bonds (now owned by Hanes) or Aussiebum swimwear.

Just had a quick look to see if any ex Rovers aussie players were involved in any companies, and came across this recent  article regarding Brett Emerton, not company related but a decent read https://sport.optus.com.au/articles/os7047/brett-emerton-full-circle

Edit: Aus company called Openpay have recently received a large cash injection (25 Million GBP ) for their UK operations and signed up JD sports to their network. Tenuous link with sports  I know, if the Au company rumour is more than just that, but a company like that would make sense as it seems to be promoting the UK operation quite hard at the moment.

Edited by perthblue02
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, perthblue02 said:

Funnily enough my first thought, but can not see the benefit to them of sponsoring Rovers.

Maybe if that rumour is true it may be something like sportslink travel as I can't really see it being a sportswear manufacturer, unless its something like Bonds (now owned by Hanes) or Aussiebum swimwear.

Just had a quick look to see if any ex Rovers aussie players were involved in any companies, and came across this recent  article regarding Brett Emerton, not company related but a decent read https://sport.optus.com.au/articles/os7047/brett-emerton-full-circle

He looks well does Brett. I was sat in the Riverside for his debut against Wolves. I thought we'd signed Jairzinho

20 minutes ago, S8 & Blue said:

Bloody hell Brett ?

“They accused me of playing wogball quite often. It didn’t deter me and I continued playing and was lucky enough to make a career out of it.”

Don't hear it often here nowadays (certainly not in the more cultured part of Australia , the West :) ) ,but understand it was a common term used as reference to immigrant Italians , Greeks etc from that part of Southern Europe who mainly played football rather than egg chasing or egg chasing in vests.

Edited by perthblue02
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

He was never that good again. Always liked him though, proper Pro.

He and Amoruso looked brilliant that day, perfect debuts. He may not have shone all that regularly but he was a 7/10 most weeks across most positions. That squads version of Bennett (not the rating, the versatility)

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, windymiller7 said:

Kookaburra would be a bit odd as they're predominantly into cricket gear.

Only other one I can think of is Billabong, but they're surfing! Not much call for a surfboard in the UK anywhere North of Torquay!

Venkys do like cricket though. No idea if they would be involved in the decision making process at all but could be enough to get a green light? 

Makes as much sense as anything these days

• Like 1

On 26/08/2020 at 20:44, Claytons Left Boot said:

Yep, I was mainly Puma, TS, although I did have a pair of Adidas much later on. Arbitro and EiT May remember this but there was a very decent player in our year at SMC, Charlie Fairclough (think he supported the Clarettes). Anyway he had a pair of Adidas 2000 and I think he was the only lad with a pair of boots that good. It was 1969-70. We were all very envious. Think his family must have had a bit of brass because his dad had a cine camera and filmed our 7-7 draw with QEGS that season. ?

These are the 1st boots I remember, loved them!

Screenshot_20200828-172053_Chrome.jpg

• Like 1

• Backroom

I was trying to work out if the green bottom right was a hint at sponsor but can’t match it 

Edit as pointed out that’s likely to be the worthington cup flag used for the shoot 

Edited by Tom