BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

40 minutes ago, OnePhilT said:

It's one bit of childhood that I think every grown up is entitled to keep hold of ? They all end up in my nostalgia pile anyway, which I love rummaging through from time to time ? Plus, at £50 a go, they're definitely up for criticism as well as praise!

Love that effort from @Stuart by the way. Nothing wrong with a bit of interesting design tweaks to the best jersey on the planet. Leave wer beer bellies alone!

Football shirts are part of what attaches you to the club. There is a pride in both that is sadly lacking from the decision makers at the moment.

It used to be what you wore on holiday and it got the Rovers name out there. We have an iconic shirt and it attracts new fans so we need as many people wearing them as possible. The revenue takes care of itself.

Now we produce designs that aren’t attractive to buy (including away ones) and don’t even go on sale before everyone goes on holiday. That’s not a Covid-19 thing, it’s every year under Venkys.

Hardcore fans, especially younger adults, will buy whatever is produced at whatever price. This is just more of the same from the club at present though. They don’t look at increasing volumes of sales by having an attractive product or price, they just look at maximising the money they make out of existing fans, and leave it to parents to keep bringing their kids. It’s getting harder and harder though.

• Like 2

One year left on the umbro contract, if I have the pleasure of coming across waggot again I will be letting him know my thoughts on kits and stadium. We wanna be moving onto kappa or hummel and producing designs to them that the fans love, we are a club that loves our history and tradition manufactures and the club should be taking that into account, after all we are the ones who pay over 100 quid a season to have them, if next season they produce red and black halves then season after stripes they will sell like golddust then the season after go to yellow and blue or navy blue with a 3rd strip, either way they need to listen to what fans want cause that's what will sell.

What I hear is that this seasons away is red and bits of blue I would have hoped the blue would be black 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TheRovers1994 said:

One year left on the umbro contract, if I have the pleasure of coming across waggot again I will be letting him know my thoughts on kits and stadium. We wanna be moving onto kappa or hummel and producing designs to them that the fans love, we are a club that loves our history and tradition manufactures and the club should be taking that into account, after all we are the ones who pay over 100 quid a season to have them, if next season they produce red and black halves then season after stripes they will sell like golddust then the season after go to yellow and blue or navy blue with a 3rd strip, either way they need to listen to what fans want cause that's what will sell.

What I hear is that this seasons away is red and bits of blue I would have hoped the blue would be black 

Sounds like another ‘almost’ kit.

1 hour ago, Stuart said:

Football shirts are part of what attaches you to the club. There is a pride in both that is sadly lacking from the decision makers at the moment.

It used to be what you wore on holiday and it got the Rovers name out there. We have an iconic shirt and it attracts new fans so we need as many people wearing them as possible. The revenue takes care of itself.

Now we produce designs that aren’t attractive to buy (including away ones) and don’t even go on sale before everyone goes on holiday. That’s not a Covid-19 thing, it’s every year under Venkys.

Hardcore fans, especially younger adults, will buy whatever is produced at whatever price. This is just more of the same from the club at present though. They don’t look at increasing volumes of sales by having an attractive product or price, they just look at maximising the money they make out of existing fans, and leave it to parents to keep bringing their kids. It’s getting harder and harder though.

We'll leave that to Bristol City.

32 minutes ago, J*B said:

Do your bit to help the clubs finances - if you can afford to buy one, buy one, even if you will hardly wear it. 

Why don't the club do their bit and sell season tickets? I'll buy one of them for £300+ and they get 100% of it 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Haven’t you been boycotting for the last few years, J*B?

Yes and no - for a long time I did. I haven’t had a season ticket since the season they refused to sack Kean when we could all see it (not sure what year). Started doing pay on the door away games around 18 months later, then in the past few years have done the occasional home game because I just can’t kick the habit. 

I’ll be buying a season ticket this year. I said I wouldn’t until they accepted responsibility and tried to make amends. They haven’t quite done that, but the club needs my money now and I won’t stand by my laurels when they need us most. 

5 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Why don't the club do their bit and sell season tickets? I'll buy one of them for £300+ and they get 100% of it 

Because they can’t guarantee everyone that buys one will be allowed back in. 

9 minutes ago, J*B said:

Nor can anyone else yet they've been on sale.

We can pretty much guarantee it because we won't sell more than 8000 which is only just over 25% of capacity anyway.

11 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Nor can anyone else yet they've been on sale.

We can pretty much guarantee it because we won't sell more than 8000 which is only just over 25% of capacity anyway.

I don’t see how we can blame them for not selling tickets that they’re not sure will be able to be used. In fact, I think they’ve done really well to ensure supporters hold on to their money rather than sitting it in the clubs bank account. From what I’ve seen the concept of 25% capacity is nothing but a suggestion, there’s no official documentation saying this will happen?

16 minutes ago, J*B said:

I don’t see how we can blame them for not selling tickets that they’re not sure will be able to be used. In fact, I think they’ve done really well to ensure supporters hold on to their money rather than sitting it in the clubs bank account. From what I’ve seen the concept of 25% capacity is nothing but a suggestion, there’s no official documentation saying this will happen?

You honestly think being one of the very few clubs in the country without them on sale is purely because of a seemingly unique worry over capacity and the altruistic notion of wanting fans to keep money in their pocket? Nothing to do with not getting a yearly audience and therefore no steer from the owners?

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

You honestly think being one of the very few clubs in the country without them on sale is purely because of a seemingly unique worry over capacity and the altruistic notion of wanting fans to keep money in their pocket? Nothing to do with not getting a yearly audience and therefore no steer from the owners?

I can only tell you what I’ve been told and this is:

1) There’s no guidance on the capacity and Rovers don’t want to be in a position where they have 7.5K ST holders that have paid up, but only 5K will be allowed in. How do you decide which 2.5K get a refund? 

2) If no fans are allowed back in, Rovers don’t want to have to do the admin associated with selling 7.5K ST then having to also refund everyone. 

3) Rovers don’t necessarily need the money right now, it could be that XXXK revenue quickly later down the line puts us in a better position in the transfer market. 

4) Even if we did sell the ST’s, because there’s no guarantees the fans will be allowed back in the money wouldn’t be able to allocated within the club anyway, because we don’t have that amount of money spare. It would need to sit in an account until there’s official guidance confirming it can be allocated. The result of this is exactly the same as if they didn’t sell STs until the guidance. 

1) They are being highly optimistic if they think we are only going to be a few hundred down on last season.

2) ’Don’t want to do the admin’, neatly sums up the operation down there this past decade.

3) Ok, so we put them on sale in, say, November ready for the transfer window, my answer to 1) becomes even more relevant as they are in cloud cuckoo land if they think they are selling decent numbers with fans almost a year out of the ground and a very real threat of a second wave mixed in with winter flu season (nevermind what state the job market will be in).

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Ossydave said:

Amazing how arsed grown men are about football kits ?

They look dreadful regardless hugging a beer belly and George from asda jeans.

Football shirts are hotfashionsupercool at the moment, retro ones especially.

Its a cultural touchstone and really an everyman thing. For many blokes it’s the only thing they will ever wear that been “designed”.

My beer belly pokes out of them with pride.

Really grown on me seeing it in action. The blue is perfect.

I've got a couple of the Kappa ones. They've seen better days but good for PJs ?

Last shirt I bought was the sponsorless 2011–12 one. A season to forget but our best umbro shirt.

Edited by Amo

3 hours ago, Ossydave said:

Amazing how arsed grown men are about football kits ?

They look dreadful regardless hugging a beer belly and George from asda jeans.

I stopped wearing  football shirts back in my early 20s when my waistline got bigger ? i prefer to get a hoodie or something like that with the club crest on it these days to show my support.

1 hour ago, J*B said:

Yes and no - for a long time I did. I haven’t had a season ticket since the season they refused to sack Kean when we could all see it (not sure what year). Started doing pay on the door away games around 18 months later, then in the past few years have done the occasional home game because I just can’t kick the habit. 

I’ll be buying a season ticket this year. I said I wouldn’t until they accepted responsibility and tried to make amends. They haven’t quite done that, but the club needs my money now and I won’t stand by my laurels when they need us most. 

Fair play for wanting to buy one this season ticket JB. 

Can you imagine Rovers only being allow let 50% of supporters back in who have purchase season ticket? and then the other 50% who haven't be allowed in will be annoyed and demand a refund. Plus might never return due to this. 

1 hour ago, J*B said:

The 25% is a suggestion as I have seen different articles/reporters suggesting it could 10% or 20% or 25% or 33% being allowed back into stadium in October. 

There is no official documentation/guidance yet from the government. Thats is also why different sports are having supporters trials like the Brighton vs Chelsea one yesterday.

Plus we don't have a clue which will happen with Toilets and catering facilities? do we need a one way system implementing at football ground? will Club shop be open? do face masks/covering need to used? what happens if we aren't allowed to re enter stadiums due to local lockdown or second wave of the virus? surely we need these questions answering from the government and local public health authorities be proceeding to sell any Season Ticket. I will buy a season ticket but we need to know it will be safe and meet the coronavirus guidelines before we proceeded in selling something that people might not be able to use. 

8 minutes ago, OnePhilT said:

If Luton ST buyers are going to have an issue with having effectively paid for iFollow, then that club will certainly have its hands full with administering refunds. A few weeks ago, they'd sold around 70% of their stadium's capacity!

Mind you, when people bought season tickets last season, they had no idea what was coming. At least for those buying season tickets now, I suspect very few of them will be demanding refunds, given that they know full-well that they are likely to be using iFollow for at least part of the season.

Edit - forgot this is the kit thread. I like the way that we've got blue and white halves.

I am not a fan of IFollow at all. and Ifollow system isn't good enough to allow so many fans to watch it through its system. 

I have massive problems with the Ifollow/inplayer system for the Blackpool game. Barely watched any of that game. Didn't buy yesterday game but listened to BBC Radio Lancs commentary of the game. Then watched the highlights today. Other people had problems with the Ifollow system yesterday. Not good enough product from the EFL

agree on the new Shirt comments

Edited by chaddyrovers

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

I am not a fan of IFollow at all. and Ifollow system isn't good enough to allow so many fans to watch it through its system. 

I have massive problems with the Ifollow/inplayer system for the Blackpool game. Barely watched any of that game. Didn't buy yesterday game but listened to BBC Radio Lancs commentary of the game. Then watched the highlights today. Other people had problems with the Ifollow system yesterday. Not good enough product from the EFL

I used IFollow for the first time yesterday and have to say I was very impressed with it.