BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

1 hour ago, Darrenbot said:

I stopped wearing  football shirts back in my early 20s when my waistline got bigger ? i prefer to get a hoodie or something like that with the club crest on it these days to show my support.

You could always wear under a jacket but if we've scored who gives a damn about waistline. Went down to the club shop yesterday morning but was closed, maybe because of players arriving. 

Was always good to see the August season start each year with plenty of new shirts on display in the crowd especially when we played away. Unfortunately not going to happen this season.

Ordered a new grey and black mask on internet (not Rovers shop) which arrived yesterday. Turns out its claret and blue so cannot use it on principle.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OnePhilT said:

Be careful to separate the two, chaddy. I don't think Inplayer and iFollow/EFL are at all related, and just bear in mind that it may have been your own computer/browser where the technical issue lied, as it seems like you were largely isolated on that one. The problem with streaming is that the problems can lie in a number of areas, and aren't necessarily down to the service provider (inplayer) themselves. It could be anything from a glitch in your browser's installation, browsers cookies, your own ISP (Sky or whoever), etc. It's hard to know, most of the time, unless most others have the same problem (which they seemingly didn't).

Frankly, the Inplayer stream for Blackpool was the better than any iFollow stream I've had over the last few seasons! The camera-work itself, however, was quite bad compared to iFollow.

Regarding the kit, I still like how we have blue and white halves.

The internet connection was perfect as we took pictures of the strength of internet connection before I sent my refund claim form plus other pictures. Plus we followed other advice given by the In player problem page. 

We had the build up on the game on then just before kick off the signal completely went off until it came back on for 8 minutes then off for the rest of the game. 

EFL/I follow needs major surgery in my opinion cos it could be still some time before fans re entered stadiums

Yeah I certainly dont feel any obligation to buy a shirt. Ive never bought a Rovers shirt as an adult, I wouldnt wear it and im not going to pay 50 quid just to feel like I am helping.

I have the money waiting for a season ticket, which is far more expensive and for which there is no reason that like many other clubs they couldnt have put them on sale by now, and simply no excuse not to even communicate with the fans. 

I don’t particularly buy the lines that have been fed to J*B, but if that’s what they are going with then tell the fanbase.

It’s September on Tuesday and we’ve had one statement since March (and that was a tweaked EFL press release about ifollow for ST holders). Just piss poor communication.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 3

I really like the new kit, a proper shade of 1992 blue and the sponsor in black on the front looks very understated, much better than it would be in red and at least we don't have to endure the toilet seat on the front of our strip anymore.

Best for years, I think I'll purchase (if they're on sale). I don't mind looking like a (royal)  blue and white sausage for a couple of weeks until the weather turns too cold to wear it on it's own!

8 minutes ago, damo100 said:

Anyone got any idea what the away kit is this season?

I am hoping for Orange and black then we won't need a 3rd strip then. 

If our away kit is Red with another colour then we need 3 strip kit for when we play teams like Barnsley, Stoke, Barnsley, Forest, Middlesbrough, etc 

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

I am hoping for Orange and black then we won't need a 3rd strip then. 

If our away kit is Red with another colour then we need 3 strip kit for when we play teams like Barnsley, Stoke, Barnsley, Forest, Middlesbrough, etc 

Well not really when we'd wear our home kit?

4 hours ago, damo100 said:

Well not really when we'd wear our home kit?

Very rare we wear our home kit away from home these days when there is no clash.

Only 4 times in the last 2 seasons I believe.

We should be wearing the blue and white at places we don't clash, this coming season we should be wearing it at Forest, Bristol, Middlesborough, Norwich, Stoke, Barnsley, Rotherham, Watford, Bournemouth, Luton & Brentford.

We won't though.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, A Northern Horde... said:

When the hell is it going to be open?

Burnley,Bolton,PNE all open and trading to the best of my knowledge.

Maybe it was just closed as a precaution with players arriving. No double they have been told to stay clear of supporters. There was plenty of security around the BBE car park.

21 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

The internet connection was perfect as we took pictures of the strength of internet connection before I sent my refund claim form plus other pictures. Plus we followed other advice given by the In player problem page. 

We had the build up on the game on then just before kick off the signal completely went off until it came back on for 8 minutes then off for the rest of the game. 

EFL/I follow needs major surgery in my opinion cos it could be still some time before fans re entered stadiums

Inplayer and iFollow are different things I believe. I’ve never had a problem with iFollow other than instantly regretting purchasing match pass after match pass when I watch the quality of the football on display.

1 hour ago, Cherry Blue said:

Maybe it was just closed as a precaution with players arriving. No double they have been told to stay clear of supporters. There was plenty of security around the BBE car park.

I rang up a couple of weeks ago when the training kit came out, lady who answered said shop was still closed & online orders only. I presume this is still the case.

On the kit subject, years ago we used to have a set of blue shorts in the same blue as the home kit which we would use occasionally to prevent clashes (eg Charlton). Not seen us do this for years. To me, this is a simple fix which still allows us to wear the famous blue & white halves.

Went past the ground today willing to spend some money on a new shirt and Rovers face mask.

Metal barriers up and everything fenced off. You couldn't get outside the ground or by Jack's statue if you wanted. The vibe coming out of the place is most definitely not open for business. 

• Like 2

On 30/08/2020 at 13:27, chaddyrovers said:

I am not a fan of IFollow at all. and Ifollow system isn't good enough to allow so many fans to watch it through its system. 

I have massive problems with the Ifollow/inplayer system for the Blackpool game. Barely watched any of that game. Didn't buy yesterday game but listened to BBC Radio Lancs commentary of the game. Then watched the highlights today. Other people had problems with the Ifollow system yesterday. Not good enough product from the EFL

agree on the new Shirt comments

I've had Ifollow for 3 years now and not had one issue with it.

I watch around 90% of the games on it. 

Must be your browser

Club response to my email asking about when new Home shirt available to buy, new away kit release date and club shop being reopen 

Thank you for your email.

Please keep an eye on our website and social media channels for any updates regarding kit releases and on sale dates.

There are no immediate plans to open the Roverstore and we continue to trade online with click and collect now also available.

Regards

Nicola

Think its more a business decision. Are they going to pay several members of staff to wait in the shop, which will need to be managed in a COVID secure way, for levels of custom which are likely to be reduced given fans can't attend. Instead, pay a lower number of people to manage our online orders (which I cant imagine are huge volumes) but with the flexibility to bring staff back when volumes increase i.e. when the kits are on sale. 

Yes it's sad, but I can see why the club shop isn't open for walk ins. 

• Like 6