BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

4 minutes ago, alex l said:

Think its more a business decision. Are they going to pay several members of staff to wait in the shop, which will need to be managed in a COVID secure way, for levels of custom which are likely to be reduced given fans can't attend. Instead, pay a lower number of people to manage our online orders (which I cant imagine are huge volumes) but with the flexibility to bring staff back when volumes increase i.e. when the kits are on sale. 

Yes it's sad, but I can see why the club shop isn't open for walk ins. 

Agreed. I think it would be a different matter if the shop were in the town centre or indeed if the ticket office was open.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Bohinen 22 said:

That’s a disgrace. They don’t deserve custom. Another company hiding behind covid so they don’t have to do anything.

Why?

A few fans a day go in shop. Plus no ticket sales at the minute. 

You probably have 2 staff currently in shop working on online orders. 

Any reason we can think of why all the other local clubs (mostly with similar sized fanbases or smaller) have come to the conclusion that it is a sound business decision to have their shops open, kits on sale, STs available whilst we don’t?

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 5

3 hours ago, alex l said:

Think its more a business decision. Are they going to pay several members of staff to wait in the shop, which will need to be managed in a COVID secure way, for levels of custom which are likely to be reduced given fans can't attend. Instead, pay a lower number of people to manage our online orders (which I cant imagine are huge volumes) but with the flexibility to bring staff back when volumes increase i.e. when the kits are on sale. 

Yes it's sad, but I can see why the club shop isn't open for walk ins. 

Disagree completely.

How come other shops can re-open for business and put a few distancing stickers on the floor and plastic screens up and we cant?

The answer is simple and is the same as the refusal to try and sell any form of membership or season ticket for next season - we simply can't be bothered putting any thought into it about how to overcome any potential obstacles.

To use the much hackneyed cliche, it's an absolute disgrace and I don't think Waggott should be surprised if the fan base show a similar level of apathy when they finally pull their finger out of their collective backsides and come up with anything.

• Like 7

4 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

No plans to open the club shop? Looking locally Bolton and Blackpool re-opened theirs last month, PNE and Accy back in July.

It really is hibernation mode down there.

Everything to save money.

No ambition whatsoever. In any part of the enterprise.

• Like 5

19 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Disagree completely.

How come other shops can re-open for business and put a few distancing stickers on the floor and plastic screens up and we cant?

The answer is simple and is the same as the refusal to try and sell any form of membership or season ticket for next season - we simply can't be bothered putting any thought into it about how to overcome any potential obstacles.

To use the much hackneyed cliche, it's an absolute disgrace and I don't think Waggott should be surprised if the fan base show a similar level of apathy when they finally pull their finger out of their collective backsides and come up with anything.

A disgrace? Drop it. It’s clearly a business decision. Selling season tickets for games that fans can’t yet attend is hardly difficult to comprehend. Not opening the rover store when I imagine there’s very little custom outside of match days is also not difficult to understand. 

Got no problem with fans disagreeing with either stance but the hyperbole is unnecessary. Clearly all clubs are struggling to make ends meet so I’m sure all cost cutting measures are going to be considered. Have some perspective.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Disagree completely.

I didnt say it was the right thing, in my opinion, to be doing. I was providing a logical reason for why the club shop hasnt been opened. I didnt say it shouldnt be open or that it couldnt be opened. Similarly with ST, I can understand why the club hasnt sold any as yet, that doesnt mean I endorse the decision. Trying to understand why something is the way it is, and offering an explanation, doesnt mean you agree with it. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, magicalmortensleftpeg said:

A disgrace? Drop it. It’s clearly a business decision. Selling season tickets for games that fans can’t yet attend is hardly difficult to comprehend. Not opening the rover store when I imagine there’s very little custom outside of match days is also not difficult to understand. 

Got no problem with fans disagreeing with either stance but the hyperbole is unnecessary. Clearly all clubs are struggling to make ends meet so I’m sure all cost cutting measures are going to be considered. Have some perspective.

I've said already that the Club could have introduced a direct debit scheme which could be amended as appropriate when it is known whether a season ticket membership for this season will take the form of an i follow pass, actual attendance or a combination of both as the season progresses. As it stands we'll be left completely high and dry once the Government make a decision.

As far as the Club Shop is concerned, how much does it cost to have a couple of staff manning the shop? And especially seeing as said staff will be on furlough anyway any cost savings will be absolutely minimal.

You seem fairly desperate to condone downright laziness on the part of those behind the scenes at Ewood whilst labelling my relatively mild criticism as over the top hyperbole!  Extremely odd behaviour.but then these are bizarre times I suppose.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Any reason we can think of why all the other local clubs (mostly with similar sized fanbases or smaller) have come to the conclusion that it is a sound business decision to have their shops open, kits on sale, STs available whilst we don’t?

The crickets speak volumes.

2 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I've said already that the Club could have introduced a direct debit scheme which could be amended as appropriate when it is known whether a season ticket membership for this season will take the form of an i follow pass, actual attendance or a combination of both as the season progresses. As it stands we'll be left completely high and dry once the Government make a decision.

As far as the Club Shop is concerned, how much does it cost to have a couple of staff manning the shop? And especially seeing as said staff will be on furlough anyway any cost savings will be absolutely minimal.

You seem fairly desperate to condone downright laziness on the part of those behind the scenes at Ewood whilst labelling my relatively mild criticism as over the top hyperbole!  Extremely odd behaviour.but then these are bizarre times I suppose.

Not sure mild criticism equates to labelling it a disgrace.. 

I don’t pretend to fully understand why the club shop has remained closed but it’s not hard to imagine what the reasons might be and I don’t believe it’s simply down to laziness. I’m not condoning anything, I’m just not jumping to conclusions when there are clearly a variety of factors that we aren’t privy to.

The ST issue is similar. Whatever the club does, they’d be criticised. I can certainly understand the logic of not putting a product on sale when there’s no guarantee that they’ll be able to provide it. I’m not denying that the current approach has drawbacks but I don’t think it’s unreasonable to at least understand the way the club is dealing with it.

There are plenty of other areas where the club need to improve, Why the new kit isn’t on sale for example is disappointing. But to criticise the club over issues where there are clearly no straightforward outcomes is unnecessary imo.

3 hours ago, magicalmortensleftpeg said:

A disgrace? Drop it. It’s clearly a business decision. Selling season tickets for games that fans can’t yet attend is hardly difficult to comprehend.

Where is the business in not taking money in when its offered?  Especially when the same prannock making this decision is the same one stiffing the fans who decide to buy their tickets after 12.30.  The club looks like a lazy set up on and off the pitch.  No drive, no creativity

Edited by Sparks Rover

You've got to hand it to Waggott and his mates. They really do have it set here.

Spend half their time telling every fan that will listen that the club is desperate for cash, restricted by FFP rules, needs to generate it's own income, struggling against richer clubs blah blah blah, many lap it up as gospel truth without any question.

Now here we are with no tickets on sale, no new shirts on sale and won't even bother to open the club shop whilst others all do.

As above, if a local pub or grocery store can open why on earth can't Blackburn Rovers club shop?

Of course its easy and risk free to keep it shut. Why not do that permanently and never reopen it again? Same for Blues Bar, maybe the same for the whole of Ewood Park? That way no risk of any aggro or difficulties.

You can't have it both ways yet it seems this is exactly what Waggott wants - every excuse in the book as to why we can't do things yet very little evidence of any effort being made to change the situation and a legion of fans who will never question, challenge or doubt it.

Accy Stanley up at the Crown Ground are selling season tickets and have their shop open to try and make some money. Please please please can someone on here give me one single sensible reason why we can't do either of those things?

My mate, an Accy Stanley season ticket holder, sent me a message yesterday as he had been down to their ground and renewed his season ticket. He was telling me that he was looking forward to October and finally being allowed in the ground and asked me what I was doing with Rovers. I was completely embarrassed when I replied to him saying that we haven't had a peep out of the club in months, that we can't buy anything and the place is locked down. He was amazed, he sees us as a major professional outfit compared to Accy Stanley. I had to correct him and state that sadly even Stanley are ahead of us in approach these days.

Edited by JHRover
  • Like 5

20 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Where is the business in not taking money in when its offered?  Especially when the same prannock making this decision is the same one stiffing the fans who decide to buy their tickets after 12.30.  The club looks like a lazy set up on and off the pitch.  No drive, no creativity

I assume it has something to do with selling a product they can’t guarantee will be provided and having to refund fans down the line. I get the point that there are ways to make it happen but there are equally valid reasons for why they haven’t gone down that road. Simply accusing the club of being lazy is overlooking the nature of the situation.

You don't have to offer refunds if you make it clear in the smallprint that they won't be offered. 

People would then be free to make their own decisions as to whether to wait and risk not getting into games (not going to happen here but will do at smaller grounds) or whether to pay up now and run the risk of getting 4-5 games on I Follow instead.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, JHRover said:

My mate, an Accy Stanley season ticket holder, sent me a message yesterday as he had been down to their ground and renewed his season ticket. He was telling me that he was looking forward to October and finally being allowed in the ground.

He won't be entering any ground unless the Government has signed it off first. So far no stadium can reopen at all. Only match trials so far

Regarding the shop reopening, does seem a bit pointless at this stage. Numbers through the door would be pretty much non-existent now. Opening weeks ago would have made sense with it being holiday season, kids off etc but now they're back I assume you'd have a handful of pensioners and maybe the odd person nipping in on a lunch break (although not sure what for).

The time to reopen is when we have something worthwhile to sell now, so when the kits are available, some form of season ticket available and of course I hate to say it but Christmas is gonna be on people's minds before too long for gift ideas.

• Like 1

Well yes, apart from a bit of tat and last season’s gear (if any left) there wouldn’t be much to sell. So I do understand that decision in isolation.

However the shop is the conduit for the key items we can’t/won’t get on the market, yet all our rivals seem able to. 

The fact we are pretty much the only club in the country without kits or tickets to sell has to be a worry, not only for revenue, but for how this club has been seemingly content to go into suspended animation for so long - file with one statement to the fans since March (a re-written EFL one, at that) and the fact we have heard precisely nothing from our well remunerated Chief Exec since this whole thing started, a pitch looking a mess in August and a shit tip of a ground.

Pandemic or not, furlough or not, it just isn’t good enough in September when the rest of football and the economy is getting (or at least attempting to) back on its feet.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 4

14 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Why?

A few fans a day go in shop. Plus no ticket sales at the minute. 

You probably have 2 staff currently in shop working on online orders. 

In the coronavirus thread you’ve been saying that businesses need to all start opening up now to ‘get the economy going’, ‘protect jobs’ etc etc.

What’s the difference here? Apart from it’s a decision taken by Rovers so it must be staunchly defended. 

• Like 7

29 minutes ago, frosty said:

In the coronavirus thread you’ve been saying that businesses need to all start opening up now to ‘get the economy going’, ‘protect jobs’ etc etc.

What’s the difference here? Apart from it’s a decision taken by Rovers so it must be staunchly defended. 

One word - sycophancy ??

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, frosty said:

Its what is commonly referred to as a 'Chadism' - suspect it may get added to the Oxford dictionary next time they update it.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, frosty said:

The different is that the new stock like new home and away shirts whether kids or adults ones aren't available yet to buy plus season tickets aren't yet available. These would be the 3 most sort after products sold by the club. so would it be productive for the club to re open the shop financially? 

Yes I would like the club shop open but thats why I asked the question in my email to Rovers retail manager. Which she replied and I posted it on here. 

Have you email the club asking about the club shop re open?

Edited by chaddyrovers