BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Given that we are going to be wearing the away kit today against Leicester shows that there is no problem wearing it against teams that play in blue.

Middlesbrough often have a large white band across there kit across their kit but it doesn't stop them from wearing it against teams in white, same goes for the white sash on Southampton's new kit.

Wearing our away kit against teams that play in blue won't be a problem.

Edited by Gumbi
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Cos they werent a clash of kits but wearing Blue and White stripes vs red and white stripes would be a clash of kits..

And I will leave it there now. No point debating any more. 

Except you used Middlesbrough as an example for a game where we would need a third kit. Now you are saying that there isn't a clash of kits with Middlesbrough. Which begs the question why did you say we would need a third kit against them?

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

But we wont be wearing in away kits in away games at Bristol City, Boro, Rotherham, Brentford, Stoke, Barnsley, Bournmouth, Forest as their home kit contain Red. 

Will need 3rd kit for games at Brentford  Rotherham, Stoke and Boro for examples

5 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Ask them

I don't need to. They aren't the ones trying to tell me it's not allowed by EFL rules which has just been proven incorrect.

Theres no debate to be had.

If Rovers change their shorts they can wear their home kit against red and white stripes. We choose not to. 

Not that i see I think as a major issue. If we have an away kit and use it when we play away that's fine. But you really should be able to design kits without the need to a third kit.

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 4

42 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Cant cos it was clashed.

you that we won't wear blue and white shirts at Brentford and Stoke as they will clashed. Their managers will complain about it. Colour clash

The managers don't get a say in it. The referee decides and he is informed of the colours in advance and he makes the call. Last seasons at West Brom we wore our off white/light grey number and on a sunny day it was difficult to distinguish between us and the broad white stripes of West Brom. Clearly we couldn't have played in our first and third choice as it would have been even worse. It just takes some joined up thinking, something which has been in short supply for the last decade.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

When according to current FA rules a blue and white stripe shirt vs red and White stripe shirt would be clash of kits..

We wear blue and white halves, not stripes.

5 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Cos they werent a clash of kits but wearing Blue and White stripes vs red and white stripes would be a clash of kits..

And I will leave it there now. No point debating any more. 

He asked you to fully read his post so he didn't have to repeat himself. Then you didn't fully read his post. Or you at least switched your brain off.

They would have been the same kits for both sides in both the home and away ties. They can't only clash at Ewood but suddenly at the Riverside they stop clashing!

Unless you really were talking about blue and white stripes not halves. Which would be...absolutely irrelevant as we don't play in those.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, arbitro said:

The managers don't get a say in it. The referee decides and he is informed of the colours in advance and he makes the call. Last seasons at West Brom we wore our off white/light grey number and on a sunny day it was difficult to distinguish between us and the broad white stripes of West Brom. Clearly we couldn't have played in our first and third choice as it would have been even worse. It just takes some joined up thinking, something which has been in short supply for the last decade.

Why we should gone yellow and black half shirts for away kit.

Wouldnt have clashed with the vast majority of home kits in the league. 

The new away shirt is what it is. Bog standard, one up from Umbro teamwear. Some will like it, some won’t.

What I think is lost in all this is that the cost difference in the design-to-manufacture process is very minimal regardless of the pattern. A great design doesn’t cost any more to manufacture than a distinctly average one.

But when you expect people to pay over £50 to buy one, it really should look attractive.

Like everything else at Rovers at the minute it seems to be whatever takes the least amount of effort. The mantra seems to be “fans will buy it no matter what”. Sadly we don’t have enough fans, or indeed affluent enough, for this to be an economically viable approach. We need to be appealing to people from a cost/benefit perspective:

”The ticket prices are great value - I’m definitely getting one and I’ll encourage others to as well”

”The shirt is awesome I’m definitely getting one - even at £55”

Rovers other tactic under this lot is to make the alternative option even worse. We get average designs which mean lower production runs so the cost is higher based on volume and we use scarcity to try to drive sales.  Similarly, if/when they can be offered, expect walk on prices to be obscene. The sole purpose being to shift STs and bundles at the ST rate. The coup de grâce in both cases is to question the commitment and/or loyalty of people who won’t immediately buy.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Stuart said:

The new away shirt is what it is. Bog standard, one up from Umbro teamwear. Some will like it, some won’t.

What I think is lost in all this is that the cost difference in the design-to-manufacture process is very minimal regardless of the pattern. A great design doesn’t cost any more to manufacture than a distinctly average one.

But when you expect people to pay over £50 to buy one, it really should look attractive.

Like everything else at Rovers at the minute it seems to be whatever takes the least amount of effort. The mantra seems to be “fans will buy it no matter what”. Sadly we don’t have enough fans, or indeed affluent enough, for this to be an economically viable approach. We need to be appealing to people from a cost/benefit perspective:

”The ticket prices are great value - I’m definitely getting one and I’ll encourage others to as well”

”The shirt is awesome I’m definitely getting one - even at £55”

Rovers other tactic under this lot is to make the alternative option even worse. We get average designs which mean lower production runs so the cost is higher based on volume and we use scarcity to try to drive sales.  Similarly, if/when they can be offered, expect walk on prices to be obscene. The sole purpose being to shift STs and bundles at the ST rate. The coup de grâce in both cases is to question the commitment and/or loyalty of people who won’t immediately buy.

Remove Rovers from this post and insert 90 % of football team names, we re not on our own on shirt designs. West ham fans in the majority slated all three of their shirts released this season and the list is endless of other club supporters doing the same. 

And at the end of the day it comes down to the individual whether they like it or not ..everyones taste is different ..never going to please everyone even on a kit decided by fans. You could have three potential fan kits and fans could vote  50%  kit One 30% ..kit Two ..20% kit Three and straight away half the fan base has a dislike to the winner...so no real easy way to decide a shirt.

As for me yeah looks reasonable ..maybe with blue shorts red socks blue trim ..may look quite dandy on the pitch ..IMO !!!!!!

K-Hod ..i now  understand what you meant this morning in windswept Bash ....no wonder you switched your PC off and went for a walk !.?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, HowieFive0 said:

Remove Rovers from this post and insert 90 % of football team names, we re not on our own on shirt designs. West ham fans in the majority slated all three of their shirts released this season and the list is endless of other club supporters doing the same. 

And at the end of the day it comes down to the individual whether they like it or not ..everyones taste is different ..never going to please everyone even on a kit decided by fans. You could have three potential fan kits and fans could vote  50%  kit One 30% ..kit Two ..20% kit Three and straight away half the fan base has a dislike to the winner...so no real easy way to decide a shirt.

As for me yeah looks reasonable ..maybe with blue shorts red socks blue trim ..may look quite dandy on the pitch ..IMO !!!!!!

K-Hod ..i now  understand what you meant this morning in windswept Bash ....no wonder you switched your PC off and went for a walk !.?

Not sure what your point is except to have your usual pop.

Nothing in your post responds in any way to mine.

Just now, Stuart said:

Not sure what your point is except to have your usual pop.

Nothing in your post responds in any way to mine.

Im not having a pop at you at all Stuart ..all in your head  ! Im just stating you ll never please everyone regardless of how much time and effort someone puts in to a kit which you mentioned in your post so responds to that part of your post Stuart . And the majority of fans at other Clubs saying the same thing ..

40 minutes ago, HowieFive0 said:

Good guess Howie ...wink !

• Backroom
53 minutes ago, OnePhilT said:

Last year it was run over by a dumper truck, this year a tractor... It's just lowering expectations year in, year out with this lot in charge. ? Next year it'll be a Reliant Robin. Always going for the cheap option.

Tbf, that sounds good. Black with 3 red stripes?

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Do you not think the Blue would have better if it black instead

Without a doubt, though I have to admit it does look 100% less crap when it's actually on someone instead of dangling limply from a coat hangar.

• Like 2

Neither like nor dislike it. But currently watching the Leicester game and it just doesn’t feel like a rovers shirt.  I feel like I’m watching a la Liga match. The blue and white halves are famous and have tradition which is our identity , I’d just like our away shirts to have a similar feel with an artistic liscence. I’ve loved every red and black and yellow away shirt . This just doesn’t feel very rovers to me