BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

2 hours ago, perthblue02 said:
Good efforts from Hummel and Macron

Can not seem to find any pic of the back of the Millwall away kit, but from other release photos looks like the halves are not reversed on the back , still a good shirt  though

That Millwall away shirt is delightful. Boston Celtics vibes. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, JHRover said:

Do you not think it looks poor when we are turning up at numerous games wearing either something we've picked from a catalogue or even wearing last seasons kit with a different sponsor stuck on?

I think it looks awful and unprofessional 

I want the club to look smart, professional and full of class. We should wear our World famous blue and white wherever and whenever we can.

Those halves are Blackburn Rovers and we didn't even need a crest until the 70s such is the importance of it.

Turning up wearing some generic rubbish from a catalogue that fans can't even buy or a new sponsor stuck on an old kit just looks naff. Like we haven't any idea. 

I agree that it looks poor having third kits selected from the teamwear catalogue, but given that every team that has Nike, Adidas or Puma kits and isn't claased as a top tier team by them gets teamwear kits, only having a third kit like that every so often isn't too bad.

4 hours ago, perthblue02 said:
Can not seem to find any pic of the back of the Millwall away kit, but from other release photos looks like the halves are not reversed on the back , still a good shirt  though

It is halved on the back, but not reversed halves. The same applies to all the halved Hummel kits too.

Edited by Gumbi

1 hour ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Apparently this is a thing:-

Holy moly. 
In the war they painted warships like that so that you couldn’t tell what direction they were travelling - harder to torpedo. 

I can’t imagine that is particularly desirable when you are trying to find your man with a pass.!

• Like 2

Just now, toogs said:

Holy moly. 
In the war they painted warships like that so that you couldn’t tell what direction they were travelling - harder to torpedo. 

I can’t imagine that is particularly desirable when you are trying to find your man with a pass.!

They'll have to change at half-time like they did at the Dell all those years ago when they wore grey.  I'm not sure Solskaer is as shameless as Fergie though!

2 hours ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Apparently this is a thing:-

Stop being so negative.

I’ll reserve judgement til I see it in the flesh. With a pair of jeans. Walking around Asda.

But I’ll make sure to keep well clear, it’ll probably be being stalked by a leopard.

• Moderation Lead
3 minutes ago, Biddy said:

£50 for a T-Shirt? !!!!  

I'm getting way too old and miserable.  Think I'll pass.  £35 might have had me biting.

Like computer games, they should never have passed the £40 threshold. 

£50 for a football top I’d only wear to play in. 
I’ll wait until the end of the season....

• Like 1

The away kit, which was unveiled before our final friendly against Leicester City at the weekend, sees a cumulative mix of the Riverside Stand seating, with Vermillion Red the prominent colour alongside a Deep Surf pattern, to create a strong buildup of layers.

The Deep Surf coloured shorts boast the classic Rovers’ blue, whilst the red socks with cotton footbed and blue turn over cuff complete the kit.

Claims on the ever reliable twitter its a design to commemorate the anniversary of the Riverside ??
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, HowieFive0 said:

The away kit, which was unveiled before our final friendly against Leicester City at the weekend, sees a cumulative mix of the Riverside Stand seating, with Vermillion Red the prominent colour alongside a Deep Surf pattern, to create a strong buildup of layers.

The Deep Surf coloured shorts boast the classic Rovers’ blue, whilst the red socks with cotton footbed and blue turn over cuff complete the kit.

Claims on the ever reliable twitter its a design to commemorate the anniversary of the Riverside ??

If that were true, shouldn’t it have been red and blue stripes with a yellow trim?

71B0EFCA-12F5-4D67-9801-95ED2D31EBC9.thumb.jpeg.3c5c9ece4e6ad37dd8643266e8618b62.jpeg
3FB22223-7E62-423B-9510-06974DBF83AD.jpeg.5149eeea54928953ed3f063c68c74246.jpeg

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Stuart said:

If that were true, shouldn’t it have been red and blue stripes with a yellow trim?

71B0EFCA-12F5-4D67-9801-95ED2D31EBC9.thumb.jpeg.3c5c9ece4e6ad37dd8643266e8618b62.jpeg
3FB22223-7E62-423B-9510-06974DBF83AD.jpeg.5149eeea54928953ed3f063c68c74246.jpeg

Good point ..must be seats only ! Not sure how long the walkways have been yellow ...although no mention of it being an anniversary Riverside shirt just the                     "sees a cumulative mix of the Riverside Stand seating, with Vermillion Red the prominent colour alongside a Deep Surf pattern, to create a strong buildup of layers."

in the Rovers press release .

Smart shirt though ..(CPFC) the colours do work well ..and yeah im a fan of ours too after seeing it in all its glory at Leicester.

Wont be buying one though but will buy the Deep surf?! shorts.. my shirt days are over .

• Like 1

5 hours ago, K-Hod said:

Like computer games, they should never have passed the £40 threshold. 

£50 for a football top I’d only wear to play in. 
I’ll wait until the end of the season....

The problem with computer game prices is that games are getting more and more expensive to produce.

So unless you're selling incredible numbers of them, you have to up the prices to make a profit. 

As a consumer you just have to be discerning with which games you buy these days.

1 hour ago, Exiled_Rover said:

The problem with computer game prices is that games are getting more and more expensive to produce.

So unless you're selling incredible numbers of them, you have to up the prices to make a profit. 

As a consumer you just have to be discerning with which games you buy these days.

I would agree with you, but then why are PC games usually £10-£20 cheaper than the console version?  

Likewise, why can an AAA game be sold in poorer regions for £10-£20 and still cost £60-£70 here?

It's more about how much the producers are able to fleece from each market rather than actual cost. Granted there are too many games constantly coming out now so for every massive game there are probably load that lose money.

Similar, back on the Rovers shirts, yes, there is some design cost (not much looking at them) but the shirts themselves are probably made for no more than £5 each in China. I would guess there is at least 50% markup on them.