BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Just now, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

'Proper' Goalkeepers kits were traditionally plain green. Picasso only started designing them in the 90's. You wouldn't see Terry Gennoe fannying around in a day-glo top. 

See the source image

Depends on your definition of proper, proper for me is the kits of the 90's. That's an age and personal opinion thing though

19 hours ago, Stuart said:

It’s always the way. Season after season the fan concept kits outdo the real thing. They possibly make the disappointment even more acute. The club should be getting these fans to submit their designs and then work with a smaller company to produce them.

Instead we devolve the decision making to some Umbro or Nike corporate suits who have read a few books and think that having red and black two seasons in a row is “commercial suicide”. These people don’t know their audience. Basically, it’s that season’s shirt replica, ‘fans would buy it if looked like a Tesco carrier bag’. Sadly those in charge at the club seem to think the same way.

Aye! Sick of these crappy away colours that have no history or tradition  behind them, we are a traditional club, ared and black halves one season then stripes the next would sell immensely, they can alternate between them and navy blue and yellow our other great away colours, it isn't difficult so somebody at the club is lacking initiative, it took the fans to point out on twitter last season that we needed a 3rd cause the thick fucks didnt realise grey clashes with white 

End of the day its us fans who pay 100 pound per person a season fir the home and away kits so why do the club not listen to what we want ? How long have we been calling for red and black halves ? Remember the last time we had it in 07/08 they released it with the home kit and they flew out the shop, 08/09 and 16/17 navy kits are the only times since I've seen the sway kit so popular, plus the red and black tends to be good luck for us specially the stripes every season we have it we have had a really good season 

• Like 2

When we had Umbro at the end of the 00's we had some of my favourite away strips of the last 20 years - the red and black halves, the navy with the blue and white stripes down the middle and even the white on with the red shorts (even though it was a dumb colour choice). I really wish they'd put the same effort in now

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RTM08 said:

When we had Umbro at the end of the 00's we had some of my favourite away strips of the last 20 years - the red and black halves, the navy with the blue and white stripes down the middle and even the white on with the red shorts (even though it was a dumb colour choice). I really wish they'd put the same effort in now

The club needs to demand it otherw7se umbro will gove us shit, umbro today isn't the same as it was before, since Mike bought them the quality and effort into designs has gone down 

15 hours ago, Claytons Left Boot said:

Either of these but there isn’t a cat in hell’s chance of it happening. Away kit, red and black halves in same style. Keeper’s top, plain green without any of this fluorescent sh!te. And while we’re at it, the ball should be white, plain white and only white. Old school.

39B08F77-3B81-455C-8D10-C169147BC621.jpeg

And they should be made to wear black boots!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Claytons Left Boot said:

Too right Andy. Adidas or Puma! ?

Ha ha absolutely mate. Many years ago I was playing for Darwen Olympic up at Blacksnape. I was just a cocky kid who thought I was invincible really and it was against Conver Foam, who had the likes of Ged Puzon, Martin Atherton, Steve Eggleston and Billy Preston playing for them, so no mugs. Their centre half had on a pair of those white Alan Ball boots that were all the rage at one time. As we lined up I pointed at his boots and said "You'd better be a fooking good 'un mate wearing those fooking things!" Needless to say he wasn't the bravest I've ever faced after that!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, oldjamfan1 said:

Ha ha absolutely mate. Many years ago I was playing for Darwen Olympic up at Blacksnape. I was just a cocky kid who thought I was invincible really and it was against Conver Foam, who had the likes of Ged Puzon, Martin Atherton, Steve Eggleston and Billy Preston playing for them, so no mugs. Their centre half had on a pair of those white Alan Ball boots that were all the rage at one time. As we lined up I pointed at his boots and said "You'd better be a fooking good 'un mate wearing those fooking things!" Needless to say he wasn't the bravest I've ever faced after that!

Hummel if I remember rightly?

14 minutes ago, oldjamfan1 said:

I have no idea mate - but anyone who wore them back then stuck out like a sore thumb. Imagine wearing white boots on the mud of Blacksnape.

I remember as a fifteen year old playing for Azzuri in the Darwen League Andy and one of the other team had white Alan Ball boots. It looked so out of place in what was a essentially a hairy arsed cloggers league played on swamps. I see him on the Craven Heifer bus most home matches and still lash him about them. ??

• Like 3

Just now, arbitro said:

I remember as a fifteen year old playing for Azzuri in the Darwen League Andy and one of the other team had white Alan Ball boots. It looked so out of place in what was a essentially a hairy arsed cloggers league played on swamps. I see him on the Craven Heifer bus most home matches and still lash him about them. ??

I wonder if it was the same fella Tony ha ha ha

• Like 1