16 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Stop being so negative.

I’ll reserve judgement til I see it in the flesh. With a pair of jeans. Walking around Asda.

But I’ll make sure to keep well clear, it’ll probably be being stalked by a leopard.

I'm hoping to attract some Cougars when I wear it.

Ding Dong. 

3 minutes ago, Biddy said:

£50 for a T-Shirt? !!!!  

I'm getting way too old and miserable.  Think I'll pass.  £35 might have had me biting.

Like computer games, they should never have passed the £40 threshold. 

£50 for a football top I’d only wear to play in. 
I’ll wait until the end of the season....

The away kit, which was unveiled before our final friendly against Leicester City at the weekend, sees a cumulative mix of the Riverside Stand seating, with Vermillion Red the prominent colour alongside a Deep Surf pattern, to create a strong buildup of layers.

The Deep Surf coloured shorts boast the classic Rovers’ blue, whilst the red socks with cotton footbed and blue turn over cuff complete the kit.

Claims on the ever reliable twitter its a design to commemorate the anniversary of the Riverside ??

4 hours ago, HowieFive0 said:

The away kit, which was unveiled before our final friendly against Leicester City at the weekend, sees a cumulative mix of the Riverside Stand seating, with Vermillion Red the prominent colour alongside a Deep Surf pattern, to create a strong buildup of layers.

The Deep Surf coloured shorts boast the classic Rovers’ blue, whilst the red socks with cotton footbed and blue turn over cuff complete the kit.

Claims on the ever reliable twitter its a design to commemorate the anniversary of the Riverside ??

If that were true, shouldn’t it have been red and blue stripes with a yellow trim?

71B0EFCA-12F5-4D67-9801-95ED2D31EBC9.thumb.jpeg.3c5c9ece4e6ad37dd8643266e8618b62.jpeg
3FB22223-7E62-423B-9510-06974DBF83AD.jpeg.5149eeea54928953ed3f063c68c74246.jpeg

24 minutes ago, Stuart said:

If that were true, shouldn’t it have been red and blue stripes with a yellow trim?

71B0EFCA-12F5-4D67-9801-95ED2D31EBC9.thumb.jpeg.3c5c9ece4e6ad37dd8643266e8618b62.jpeg

Good point ..must be seats only ! Not sure how long the walkways have been yellow ...although no mention of it being an anniversary Riverside shirt just the                     "sees a cumulative mix of the Riverside Stand seating, with Vermillion Red the prominent colour alongside a Deep Surf pattern, to create a strong buildup of layers."

in the Rovers press release .

Smart shirt though ..(CPFC) the colours do work well ..and yeah im a fan of ours too after seeing it in all its glory at Leicester.

Wont be buying one though but will buy the Deep surf?! shorts.. my shirt days are over .

5 hours ago, K-Hod said:

Like computer games, they should never have passed the £40 threshold. 

£50 for a football top I’d only wear to play in. 
I’ll wait until the end of the season....

The problem with computer game prices is that games are getting more and more expensive to produce.

So unless you're selling incredible numbers of them, you have to up the prices to make a profit. 

As a consumer you just have to be discerning with which games you buy these days.

50 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Just like my St Aidans Primary School kit in the early 80s....we had a dodgy itchy neck though

Edited by Sparks Rover

1 hour ago, Exiled_Rover said:

The problem with computer game prices is that games are getting more and more expensive to produce.

So unless you're selling incredible numbers of them, you have to up the prices to make a profit. 

As a consumer you just have to be discerning with which games you buy these days.

I would agree with you, but then why are PC games usually £10-£20 cheaper than the console version?  

Likewise, why can an AAA game be sold in poorer regions for £10-£20 and still cost £60-£70 here?

It's more about how much the producers are able to fleece from each market rather than actual cost. Granted there are too many games constantly coming out now so for every massive game there are probably load that lose money.

Similar, back on the Rovers shirts, yes, there is some design cost (not much looking at them) but the shirts themselves are probably made for no more than £5 each in China. I would guess there is at least 50% markup on them.

10 hours ago, windymiller7 said:

Matching socks as well!! 🤢🤮

image.png.90bfb5d7b5dc0fa9072ce51f90dd7cc8.png

You know, I keep flicking over this photo and it's not just the pattern that gets me. There is something unnaturally unnerving to me about the flat footedness of this moon booted display.

On 07/09/2020 at 19:11, Sparks Rover said:

Just like my St Aidans Primary School kit in the early 80s....we had a dodgy itchy neck though

Good job you weren’t there in the 70’s then😂

On 05/09/2020 at 10:46, chaddyrovers said:

We havent worn the home shirt kit at Stoke or Brentford for the previous 2 season. We had our yellow shirts on that day 2 season ago which we won 3-2. Or Brentford when we lost 5-2

So if we wouldnt have clashed then why Didnt we wear our home kit?

We wore the Grey away shirt at Charlton. Does that mean the home shirt would have clashed with their home shirt then using your logic?

6 minutes ago, Carbz said:

We wore the Grey away shirt at Charlton. Does that mean the home shirt would have clashed with their home shirt then using your logic?

the club has said they won't need a 3rd kit this season. So I was wrong that we need 3rd kit

Edited by chaddyrovers

5 hours ago, Claytons Left Boot said:

Manchester United v Hull City

30B171B2-FEAC-49E5-B61B-4A0B015A6B2F.jpeg

Tiger - “Trust me Zebbie, this is the best way to get those orange tints you wanted “

On 05/09/2020 at 21:57, Bbrovers2288 said:

Looks like the blue is the first time you put a paint roller over a wall 

Yeah but at the same time it’s an affect that I’ve never seen used before. Something new and original and credit to them for trying something different. Bet if it was just red everyone would be complaining how it wasn’t even a half assed effort.

On 07/09/2020 at 14:14, Biddy said:

£50 for a T-Shirt? !!!!  

I'm getting way too old and miserable.  Think I'll pass.  £35 might have had me biting.

Still about £18-19 cheaper than what clubs in Sweden sell jerseys for. But yes, crazy expensive for this.

Just now, rickard said:

Still about £18-19 cheaper than what clubs in Sweden sell jerseys for. But yes, crazy expensive for this.

I remember in Amsterdam (in 2012), Ajax shirts were 80 Euros!

23 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

I remember in Amsterdam (in 2012), Ajax shirts were 80 Euros!

Crazy. You can also buy the "players edition" with the sponsors and everything. That will set you back a neat £92. At least the don't charge extra for name and number on the back... I think!

Edit: my team in Sweden that is.

Also, I must say I like the Rovers away kit this year. :) 

Edited by rickard

20 hours ago, Feed the Yak said:

Tell you what, the ladies version is pretty nice with the red sponsor. Tempted to opt for this over the mens...

Screenshot_20200915_171112.jpg

My daughter said exactly the same. Think she might go for this one, but it'll be a bit odd when she inevitably wants 'Armstrong' on the back.

The more I look at the home kit, the more I like it. It helps once you get used to seeing the players in it but I would say it’s the best homer in years. Love the traditional Royal Blue, as well. 👍 

The royal blue makes it.

Let’s have it right, we’ve the best shirt design in football (with our Grasshopper brethren, always had a soft spot for them since my Subbuteo days)