Simon Garner

Royston Taylor (?)

Brian Morley

Noel Brotherston

Paul Round

Tim Parkin

John Bailey

Stuart Metcalfe

Good knowledge. I only knew a few, bit before my time. Is that just before H Kendall came in?

9 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Good knowledge. I only knew a few, bit before my time. Is that just before H Kendall came in?

I think the game was against Accrington Stanley and playing against them was part of the deal which saw David Hargreaves sign for us. A quick search shows he signed for us in December 1977 so it appears he was a Jim Smith signing. He was only with us for a couple of years so it looks like you are right about it being slightly before Kendall.

Maybe Parsonblue can but a bit more meat on the bones.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Who can name them all and is that keeper still available!?

There are 4 players , that would walk into the present team but not sure goalkeeper  Neil Ramsbottom would ...

This photo puzzles me , this must be the team that got relegated ???

Surely Hargreaves had gone back to Stanley by then...

9 hours ago, Waggy76 said:

Well the truth is never been on any ground of theres ..think it could be Livingstone road Accy though ....maybe wrong

9 hours ago, Waggy76 said:

There are 4 players , that would walk into the present team but not sure goalkeeper  Neil Ramsbottom would ...

This photo puzzles me , this must be the team that got relegated ???

Surely Hargreaves had gone back to Stanley by then...

I could be wrong but looking at some of the players it's more of a reserve team. If I get chance later I'll check in one of the history books. 

1 hour ago, arbitro said:

I could be wrong but looking at some of the players it's more of a reserve team. If I get chance later I'll check in one of the history books. 

Definately not a first team , a lot young lads in the team  ..Stuart metcalfe , John Bailey and Noel were regulars in the first team and so was John Butcher , I remember Ramsbottom being signed around the time of Duncan Mckenzie but I could be wrong , a long time ago..

Edited by Waggy76

2 hours ago, Waggy76 said:

Definately not a first team , a lot young lads in the team  ..Stuart metcalfe , John Bailey and Noel were regulars in the first team and so was John Butcher , I remember Ramsbottom being signed around the time of Duncan Mckenzie but I could be wrong , a long time ago..

The game was played on May 4th 1978 which was after the season had finished. The match was a 3-3 draw. For the league games we used the following players:

Bradshaw, Curtis, Bailey, Metcalfe, Fazackerley, Hawkins, Brotherston, Hird, Mitchell, Parkes, Waddington, Svarc, Lewis, Taylor, Wagstaffe, Keeley, Butcher, Round, Wood, Fear, Hargreaves and Radford.

So essentially a reserve team.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, arbitro said:

The game was played on May 4th 1978 which was after the season had finished. The match was a 3-3 draw. For the league games we used the following players:

Bradshaw, Curtis, Bailey, Metcalfe, Fazackerley, Hawkins, Brotherston, Hird, Mitchell, Parkes, Waddington, Svarc, Lewis, Taylor, Wagstaffe, Keeley, Butcher, Round, Wood, Fear, Hargreaves and Radford.

So essentially a reserve team.

Thanks for the info ...Is the goalie Neil Ramsbottom ??

No

A time machine could take you back to before world war 1 to see Crompton's Rovers winning the title with Eddie Latheron and Danny Shea.

Or to see Harry Healless, Roscamp, Puddefoot etc. I would love to have seen Ted Harper and some of the goals he scored.

But the games I would love to re-watch ( I saw them as an 11 year old) is Rovers 9 Middlesbrough 0 in 1954 I think and Rovers 8 Bristol Rovers 3 when Briggs scored his 7.

• Like 1