BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

20/21 Fixtures

42 minutes ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

Hate playing recently relegated/promoted teams that early. Tricky couple of months to navigate before the fixtures get more normal.

I'd rather play a relegated team first than a promoted one. I think the Wycombe home game is trickier than the Bournemouth away one tbh. It will take them some time to adjust to the championship, whereas Wycombe will be well organised and up for it. 

Not aimed at you Admiral but there's a lot of doom and gloom around this morning. 

Edited by oldjamfan1
  • Like 1

Just now, oldjamfan1 said:

I'd rather play a relegated team first than a promoted one. I think the Wycombe home game is trickier than the Bournemouth away one tbh. It will take them some time to adjust to the championship, whereas Wycombe will be well organised and up for it. 

Not aimed at you Admiral but there's a lot of doom and gloom around this morning. 

It can go both ways with relegated teams, to be sure. I think I'm thinking back to when we were relegated in 2012, we were picking up good results at the start through teams giving us a bit too much respect & some moments of quality from the players who were up to it; MGP, Rhodes, Gomes etc. Obviously in a couple of months other teams had us sussed & we'd reverted to type!

Strange being so gloomy seeing as I think I'd normally be seen a bit happy-clapperish,  but I'm a bit taken aback by how many fixtures I'm looking at and thinking they're really tough ones on paper. Hopefully nothing that a brew, goalkeeper and centre half won't solve!

• Like 1

I think the reason people are seeing them as so tough is because we've made absolutely no effort to qualm people's fears that we're barely going to have a squad come the Bournemouth game.Hopefully a couple of signings before the end of the month in key areas will help change that perspective, though there seems to be no urgency on any level in the club at the moment.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

It can go both ways with relegated teams, to be sure. I think I'm thinking back to when we were relegated in 2012, we were picking up good results at the start through teams giving us a bit too much respect & some moments of quality from the players who were up to it; MGP, Rhodes, Gomes etc. Obviously in a couple of months other teams had us sussed & we'd reverted to type!

Strange being so gloomy seeing as I think I'd normally be seen a bit happy-clapperish,  but I'm a bit taken aback by how many fixtures I'm looking at and thinking they're really tough ones on paper. Hopefully nothing that a brew, goalkeeper and centre half won't solve!

It's the recruitment causing the gloom.

If somebody guaranteed us having someone like Westwood in the nets, Cunningham at LB and a strong cb on the books before the opening fixture, we'd all be looking forward with a bit more optimism.  

It's the fact that we all know we won't.

• Like 1

Just now, RTM08 said:

I think the reason people are seeing them as so tough is because we've made absolutely no effort to qualm people's fears that we're barely going to have a squad come the Bournemouth game.Hopefully a couple of signings before the end of the month in key areas will help change that perspective, though there seems to be no urgency on any level in the club at the moment.

Think that's right, the little whisperings of information we get, whilst appreciated aren't helping with calming the nerves either.

I think we've got about 70% of a very decent team at this level, it just so happens that the 30% we don't have leave holes that are so big that they undermine everything else. As @Wing Wizard Windy Miller puts it, Cunningham, Westwood & a decent centre half and the perspective completely changes. 

It might be Covid and not being able to attend or the apathy I have for Rovers but I can’t recall a fixture list that I’ve been so underwhelmed with. Personally the only new grounds would be Wycombe and Bournemouth and can’t see away fans getting in next season even if fans generally are allowed in. Very few local matches. I appreciate not likely to get Barcelona or Bayern but theres no ahem “big clubs” of the leeds, Newcastle, villa mould.

Added to that Tonebola. Disinterested disengaged owners. The prospect of being the next Bolton/bury.

Struggling to get enthused about this one. 

If TM sees this, he will have to be put on suicide watch

34 minutes ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

If TM sees this he will have to be put on suicide watch.

• Like 1

Good that we will be playing Wycombe at home early on, will give those at the club the chance to have a chat with Gareth  Ainsworth to see what changes he would like to see and costs involved for later in the season:)

Edited by perthblue02