BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

20/21 Fixtures

47 minutes ago, HowieFive0 said:

Explains the delay in ST's perhaps. And it's better knowing this before you buy an ST than not knowing, so actually if the delay was intentional then kudos to the club. 

Every game available to be bought for streaming by non-ST holders. All games free to stream for ST holders.

So each club keeps all the money they receive from selling the streaming. It's a potential cash-cow for some games at £10 a pop. 

'The arrangement will be reviewed on a regular basis but is expected to remain in place until the Government permits a 50 per cent occupancy rate at stadiums'

Rovers would need to have over 15k in the stadium before SKY withdraw the rights to let Rovers stream the games (50% occupancy)

Edited by Hoochie Bloochie Mama

18 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Explains the delay in ST's perhaps. And it's better knowing this before you buy an ST than not knowing, so actually if the delay was intentional then kudos to the club. 

Every game available to be bought for streaming by non-ST holders. All games free to stream for ST holders.

So each club keeps all the money they receive from selling the streaming. It's a potential cash-cow for some games at £10 a pop. '

It will presumably be done on the ifollow platform so unless changes have been made,I think the club keep 80% of the money off passes /subscriptions bought via their own ifollow and the other goes to costs/ EFL. The home club does not receive any % of money from passes bought via the Away clubs service.

The above is for matchday passes / season subscriptions , Don't know how they have been splitting the season ticket holder element of ifollow.

Edited by perthblue02

2 hours ago, perthblue02 said:

It will presumably be done on the ifollow platform so unless changes have been made,I think the club keep 80% of the money off passes /subscriptions bought via their own ifollow and the other goes to costs/ EFL. The home club does not receive any % of money from passes bought via the Away clubs service.

The above is for matchday passes / season subscriptions , Don't know how they have been splitting the season ticket holder element of ifollow.

It doesn't mention ifollow in the article, just that the clubs receive all the money. 

9 hours ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

So each club keeps all the money they receive from selling the streaming. It's a potential cash-cow for some games at £10 a pop. 

'The arrangement will be reviewed on a regular basis but is expected to remain in place until the Government permits a 50 per cent occupancy rate at stadiums'

Rovers would need to have over 15k in the stadium before SKY withdraw the rights to let Rovers stream the games (50% occupancy)

It means that Ewood would have to be allowed 15k in the stadium, not physically have 15k in the stadium before sky withdraw it.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, perthblue02 said:

Good that we will be playing Wycombe at home early on, will give those at the club the chance to have a chat with Gareth  Ainsworth to see what changes he would like to see and costs involved for later in the season:)

We'll probably beat them 4-0 and the people running the club will look at the result when it comes time to replace Mowbray and go for some other dud instead. 

17 hours ago, HowieFive0 said:

Well, that's interesting; it could certainly make Saturday teatime a lot easier for those who, like me, don't normally get home from a Saturday Home game till about 7.15!

Still, afaik, no word from the League or the Government about whether Away fans will be allowed into games, though. Ewood could probably accommodate social distancing regulations if games were played before Home fans only in all four stands. But have they thought about those sad b'stards of us who like to 'tick' away grounds? In normal seasons, I'd be looking to be at Brentford 's new ground and Wycombe Wanderers.

• 2 months later...

On 21/08/2020 at 18:12, Admiral Nelsen said:

To avoid people going overboard about our prospects this season (what's that, "too late" I hear you say?!), it's probably worth reminding ourselves about now of the first page of this thread. Most of us agreed we had a tricky start to the season fixtures wise, and that was not just the view of Rovers fans but also externally as evidenced by Admiral Nelsen's research above.

And that was before we were aware of how decimated the squad would be due to injuries & covid...

So I say let's stay calm, there's much water to flow under the bridge yet. 

?

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Atko's Engine said:

To avoid people going overboard about our prospects this season (what's that, "too late" I hear you say?!), it's probably worth reminding ourselves about now of the first page of this thread. Most of us agreed we had a tricky start to the season fixtures wise, and that was not just the view of Rovers fans but also externally as evidenced by Admiral Nelsen's research above.

And that was before we were aware of how decimated the squad would be due to injuries & covid...

So I say let's stay calm, there's much water to flow under the bridge yet. 

?

It’s all a load of rubbish. There is no such thing as a tough start. Newly relegated teams need to adapt to the championship while newly promoted teams have something to prove, new players need to integrate, teams (especially in this league) dip in and out of form. 
later in the season when we should theoretically have an easier run teams fighting for survival pull out all kinds of results, new manger bounces etc. It’s played over 46 games and I don’t care in what order they come. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Oldgregg86 said:

It’s all a load of rubbish. There is no such thing as a tough start. Newly relegated teams need to adapt to the championship while newly promoted teams have something to prove, new players need to integrate, teams (especially in this league) dip in and out of form. 
later in the season when we should theoretically have an easier run teams fighting for survival pull out all kinds of results, new manger bounces etc. It’s played over 46 games and I don’t care in what order they come. 

Quite, so plenty of time for the recent run of results to improve once we get back 50%+ of our best 11 players, and / or other clubs start suffering such problems in the numbers that we have.

• Like 1

Just now, Atko's Engine said:

Quite, so plenty of time for the recent run of results to improve once we get back 50%+ of our best 11 players, and / or other clubs start suffering such problems in the numbers that we have.

Plenty of time to sit wondering who is playing where and why even with a fully fit squad are we still dropping points at home but I admire and even envy your enthusiasm 

• Like 1