BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The State of Ewood Park!

Like i said it's a knapsack of weedkiller once every month or two and would take no more than an hour or two.

I know, iv'e done enough of this kind of thing and costed enough jobs.  If it the club was on genuine hard times i'd have done it for free !  For this shower of fat arsed suits on several hundred grand then no chance.

• Like 8

I don't get to many home games so it has been very noticeable for me when walking towards the ground how it has deteriorated over time.

The brickwork on all 3 new stands needs a good scrub up, looks grotty but could look great. Shame.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

I see a well known brfcs-er is defending it on Twitter, ‘cos furlough’.

Not an excuse, ground staff could keep on top of that kind of stuff - though they are very stretched these days with covering both sites. But ask for volunteers! We are a supposed to be ‘a club’, no?

The furlough is a red herring that neatly allows the executives to abdicate their very basic duties, the state of the ground has been a disgrace for years.

How on earth can anybody in their right mind defend the club for that? It embarrasses and angers me as a supporter to see that. And the seeds were sown (no pun intended) some time ago as I noticed Ewood Park looking unkempt and in need of cleaning and tidying.

I put it down to laziness and too many people in power in their comfort zone, who don't seem bothered as our club deteriorates. Come on Waggott, earn your flaming big salary by actually doing something. Or f*** off and let somebody else.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, arbitro said:

How on earth can anybody in their right mind defend the club for that? It embarrasses and angers me as a supporter to see that. And the seeds were sown (no pun intended) some time ago as I noticed Ewood Park looking unkempt and in need of cleaning and tidying.

I put it down to laziness and too many people in power in their comfort zone, who don't seem bothered as our club deteriorates. Come on Waggott, earn your flaming big salary by actually doing something. Or f*** off and let somebody else.

There's a certain breed of supporter who regard any sort of criticism of their club as blasphemous, no matter how justified it is.  

• Like 4

They removed a fantastic pictorial historical timeline for that ‘Visiting Supporters Ticket Sales’, even though there is another sign just behind saying the exact same thing.

A club, nay an institution, that has completely lost its way and needs pulling up by its bootstraps.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 8

I think Alan Myers was behind the picture timeline thing. I didn't agree with some of the events selected but it was a good way of using dead space to showcase our history.

Is the other one at the BBE still there? Shows how much attention I pay.

Inside the ground isnt much better. Fading seats, flaking paint. 

The yellow warning paint on the stairwells hasn't been done in years and is filthy where people kick their feet. What would a tin of yellow paint cost to go over it and smarten up.

It really is shocking. 

I keep reading from several posters that Venkys are paying the bills. Presumably that does not cover the cleansing and maintenance bills.

And Mowbray saw fit to give a month's extra money to players he had no intention of playing.

A decade of decay sums that lot up perfectly.

• Like 9

43 minutes ago, A Northern Horde... said:

Ewood Park as of this morning...closed and gated.

Truly shocking..

20200821_101156_resized.thumb.jpg.f2b92cf5d4a849a97f3a5a03a8dad113.jpg

20200821_101357_resized.jpg

20200821_101729_resized.jpg

20200821_101831_resized_1.jpg

20200821_102336_resized.jpg

20200821_101439_resized.jpg

Thanks for adding those. I expect the club will say that some of those photos are nothing to do with the club as they are beyond the club's boundaries in the alley behind Bolton Road and not their responsibility to maintain. That doesn't excuse the grime on the BBE and JW stands. You would also expect the club to take an interest in the mould and filth gathering right outside their gates rather than just leaving it. 

With players, officials, sponsors, fans and visitors coming to the ground you would expect them to want to project a positive image of the area. What sort of impressions would a new signing get having to drive through weeds, moss and litter gathering outside the main entrance?

• Like 2

Just now, A Northern Horde... said:

All pictures been taken down JHRover.

But why? They didn’t look particularly tatty or faded, an easy gimmick to showcase our heritage.

I honestly can’t comprehend the decision making.

Edited by Mattyblue