BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The State of Ewood Park!

Those are some appalling pictures. Makes me a tad angry if I’m honest. Surely someone at the club can buy some weed killer and a broom.

If this is what a decade of Venky rule looks like I dread to think what the future holds. I remember sending a snotty email to the club after the o from rovers and m from remembers fell off the ww1 memorial on the side of the jw stand. Took them months to sort it. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, HowieFive0 said:

Most on here obviously too young (or turned a blind eye )  to remember the weeds growing in the BBE urinals in the 80s on match days  ?

those toilets were er,how shall we put it,not very pleasant,most of the blackburn end used to relieve themselves at the back of the terrace,was a bloody nightmare on big match days ?

• Like 1

Just now, simongarnerisgod said:

those toilets were er,how shall we put it,not very pleasant,most of the blackburn end used to relieve themselves at the back of the terrace,was a bloody nightmare on big match days ?

I think some of our younger generation would have a fit today !

• Like 1

Statement from the club about Ewood Park 

The club cite a lack of staff as the reason why Ewood has not been maintained, but insist that the necessary work will be undertaken to ensure that the ground is in pristine condition ahead of the new campaign.

A statement from the club read: "Due to limited staff on site and priority given to other projects during the lockdown period, we are aware that certain areas of the stadium require attention and maintenance to those areas will be carried out over the coming days to ensure that Ewood Park is looking at its best ahead of our first competitive game of the season on Doncaster Rovers on Saturday August 29th."

https://www.lancs.live/sport/football/football-news/blackburn-rovers-ewood-park-condition-18810198

• Like 3

1 hour ago, HowieFive0 said:

Most on here obviously too young (or turned a blind eye )  to remember the weeds growing in the BBE urinals in the 80s on match days  ?

I thought we’d moved on from those days when I saw that magnificent stadium rise up, didn’t you?

• Like 6

Just now, Mattyblue said:

I thought we’d moved on from those days when I saw that magnificent stadium rise up, didn’t you?

Its been an extended close season ..in difficult times ..things are not going to be upto scratch .

When fans finally get to come back into Ewood im sure the weeds/moss will be removed outside the Blues bar.

If not ..then maybe have a gripe.Til then ..

3 minutes ago, HowieFive0 said:

Its been an extended close season ..in difficult times ..things are not going to be upto scratch .

When fans finally get to come back into Ewood im sure the weeds/moss will be removed outside the Blues bar.

If not ..then maybe have a gripe.Til then ..

Let's not make excuses,it should never have been allowed to be in this state.

• Like 7

Just now, Mattyblue said:

Understandable, but what isn’t is the years of neglect down there...

Its a football ground  for watching football ..not someones front room . As long as its kept in a reasonable state and serves the purpose its intended for  im sure most fans will be happy.

The grief that state of the art football  grounds get today whilst people harken on back to the good ole days in the 70s/80s football grounds kinda  proves a point.

Of course come match days some pride has to be taken ...and im all for that . 

If it doesn’t bother you then fair enough. 

The optics of the Walker Fame memorial bricks with weeds sprouting out of them and a generally filthy ground obviously does bother a hell of a lot of fans and the club were embarrassed enough to put out a statement, which says it all considering they’ve said bugger all for 5 months...

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 7

1 minute ago, Mattyblue said:

If it doesn’t bother you then fair enough. 

The optics of the Walker Fame memorial bricks with weeds sprouting out of them and a generally filthy ground obviously does bother a hell of a lot of fans and the club were embarrassed enough to put out a statement, which says it all considering they’ve said bugger all for 5 months...

Walker Fame  wall a different kettle of fish ..a lot of memorial bricks there  placed by family and friends and should be treated like wise . Completely agree. 

As for not bothering me ..as I said ..come Match Day hopefully upto some sort of reasonable state.Why spend money on general up keep  until the paying public rock up ..

Edited by HowieFive0

7 minutes ago, HowieFive0 said:

Why spend money on general up keep until the paying public rock up ..

Seriously?...Ewood Park should be a place of Pride 365 days a week.A Stadium befitting a Club of our pedigree.

I would think most fans who have any interest whatsoever in this grand Old Club would wholeheartedly agree.

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, A Northern Horde... said:

Seriously?...Ewood Park should be a place of Pride 365 days a week.A Stadium befitting a Club of our pedigree.

I would think most fans who have any interest whatsoever in this grand Old Club would wholeheartedly agree.

Taken out of context A.N.H !  So  yes seriously ..

In an extended close season in a pandemic .. spruce up when fit and proper.

When fans are eventually let back in limited numbers  im sure there will be staff having to clean each individual seat before and after each game ..so a few weeds outside at this moment in time are the least of their worries.

Edited by HowieFive0

Just now, HowieFive0 said:

Taken out of context A.N.H !  So  yes seriously ..

In an extended close season in a pandemic .. spruce up when fit and proper.

Venky's really have dumbed down everything, haven't they?

Stadium looks like shit? Well, it's not open anyway. It'll be reet!

• Like 4

It seems to take a potential groundswell of fans kicking off to bring attention to anything these days. That's the issue and as for the stadium itself being clean Cheston was photo'd inspecting it and promising it cleaned years ago.

Still waiting, meanwhile drones, video screens and staff to operate them appear at the team managers whim.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, tomphil said:

It seems to take a potential groundswell of fans kicking off to bring attention to anything these days. That's the issue and as for the stadium itself being clean Cheston was photo'd inspecting it and promising it cleaned years ago.

Still waiting, meanwhile drones, video screens and staff to operate them appear at the team managers whim.

Well theres your answer . A group turning up unannounced and clearing weeds litter and what ever else around Ewood  whilst alerting the press will bring attention. 

Reading this thread im sure theres plenty who will go for this  especially those that may be unfortunately furloughed  and have a lil time to kill ..? 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, HowieFive0 said:

Well theres your answer . A group turning up unannounced and clearing weeds litter and what ever else around Ewood  whilst alerting the press will bring attention. 

Reading this thread im sure theres plenty who will go for this  especially those that may be unfortunately furloughed  and have a lil time to kill ..? 

It isn't the 1980's it shouldn't need that the way things are done these days bombarding the clubs social media would be more effective i'd say.

Some of us did that cleaning up in the 80's as part of Junior Rovers Supporters clubs ( Chorley Branch ).  However now owned by billionaires and having a CEO and other director drawing probably over quarter of a million per annum in pay it's better to ask out loud why they don't get off their fat arses and sort something.

When we finally get into Boltons dilemma that's the time to call out the volunteers.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 1