BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The State of Ewood Park!

Just now, tomphil said:

It isn't the 1980's it shouldn't need that the way things are done these days bombarding the clubs social media would be more effective i'd say.

Some of us did that cleaning up in the 80's as part of Junior Rovers Supporters clubs ( Chorley Branch ).  However now owned by billionaires and having a CEO and other director drawing probably over quarter of a million per annum in pay it's better to ask out loud why they don't get off their fat arses and sort something.

When we finally get into Boltons dilemma that's the time to call out the volunteers.

..or how to highlight a problem ? Not necessarily about calling on volunteers ..its to highlight a so called problem. 

• Like 1

Just now, A Northern Horde... said:

HowieFive0...Just be glad that attention has been brought to the plight of Ewood and agreed action being taken without the indignity of having fans bailing them out of the price of a Pressure Washer and a Gallon of fookin Detergent!

You ve missed the point ..

7 minutes ago, tomphil said:

It isn't the 1980's it shouldn't need that the way things are done these days bombarding the clubs social media would be more effective i'd say.

Some of us did that cleaning up in the 80's as part of Junior Rovers Supporters clubs ( Chorley Branch ).  However now owned by billionaires and having a CEO and other director drawing probably over quarter of a million per annum in pay it's better to ask out loud why they don't get off their fat arses and sort something.

When we finally get into Boltons dilemma that's the time to call out the volunteers.

...and that says it all ..instead of being "seen" ...lets all sit behind a keyboard and be "anonymous" .

I ll send a tweet tomoz ..

6 minutes ago, HowieFive0 said:

...and that says it all ..instead of being "seen" ...lets all sit behind a keyboard and be "anonymous" .

I ll send a tweet tomoz ..

Let's drink on an empty head then go on BRFCS

As far as WUMS go on here mate you're the B side.  Are you turning up with your gardening gloves on ??

No thought not..

The club are obviously embarrassed and that's why they've issued a statement. They also clearly have the staff to rectify the problem if it's going to be done in the next few days. 

There is no defence for it. It's unprofessional and speaks volumes for the lack of respect and pride the people running the show have for the club. 

Imagine a prospective signing turning up at that shit heap. 

• Like 7

Just now, tomphil said:

Let's drink on an empty head then go on BRFCS

As far as WUMS go on here mate you're the B side.  Are you turning up with your gardening gloves on ??

No thought not..

Ohhhhh I say ! A little personal there ..? 

You stick to social media ..otherwise  you may break a nail .Ouchh!

As for being a WUM i think after all the kicking off on this thread a Group descending on Ewood with local paparazzi in toe would maybe shame the powers that be a fantastic idea !

As for B sides ..some of New Order s B sides are the bollox .but that's anther story ..

• Like 1

Just now, HowieFive0 said:

Ohhhhh I say ! A little personal there ..? 

You stick to social media ..otherwise  you may break a nail .Ouchh!

As for being a WUM i think after all the kicking off on this thread a Group descending on Ewood with local paparazzi in toe would maybe shame the powers that be a fantastic idea !

As for B sides ..some of New Order s B sides are the bollox .but that's anther story ..

If you want to be a smart arse expect to get a little bit back sweetie.

As for your idea yeah it's not a bad one but which LT reporter would nail their colours to that mast and risk the rath of the club ?

All i'm saying is that kind of thing is a non starter these days they'd likely have the fuzz there in no time threatening criminal damage charges. Sadly we live in a social media world and that gets more attention than the local rag. 

Not everyone is anonymous ?

1 minute ago, tomphil said:

If you want to be a smart arse expect to get a little bit back sweetie.

As for your idea yeah it's not a bad one but which LT reporter would nail their colours to that mast and risk the rath of the club ?

All i'm saying is that kind of thing is a non starter these days they'd likely have the fuzz there in no time threatening criminal damage charges. Sadly we live in a social media world and that gets more attention than the local rag. 

Not everyone is anonymous ?

I pulled up a dandelion officer ...good grief ..

12 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

I see a well known brfcs-er is defending it on Twitter, ‘cos furlough’.

Not an excuse, ground staff could keep on top of that kind of stuff - though they are very stretched these days with covering both sites. But ask for volunteers! We are a supposed to be ‘a club’, no?

The furlough is a red herring that neatly allows the executives to abdicate their very basic duties, the state of the ground has been a disgrace for years.

Is it the one who won’t commit to a ticket cos he can’t sit with HIS mates ?

Just now, tomphil said:

Get something organised then i'm sure we'll all be in...

? im not the one that was kicking off about it! . but again those that are... want someone else to organise it ..cant write it ..and as for "we ll all be in " ..yeah right ..cant get um down on a Saturday afternoon on match day ..aint getting um down on a Saturday close season doing a  gardening shift ..

Just now, HowieFive0 said:

? im not the one that was kicking off about it! . but again those that are... want someone else to organise it ..cant write it ..and as for "we ll all be in " ..yeah right ..cant get um down on a Saturday afternoon on match day ..aint getting um down on a Saturday close season doing a  gardening shift ..

Sometimes it takes a 'sooperfan' to lead the charge. Over to you ....

Iv'e already said if the club was in dire straights i'd do it for free but as it is it's just a comfort zone for couldn't care less plonkers so they can shove it !

Just now, tomphil said:

Sometimes it takes a 'sooperfan' to lead the charge. Over to you ....

Iv'e already said if the club was in dire straights i'd do it for free but as it is it's just a comfort zone for couldn't care less plonkers so they can shove it !

Oh Tom ..don't ..youre letting yourself down there ..again..sigh.

Just now, tomphil said:

You've ground me down pal there's no depths i won't plumb to when my backs against the wall ?

The 17321 posts backs that up !

No back against the wall ..I don't want to see anyone in that position ..not my style ..its opinions ..nothing more ..

2 hours ago, bazza said:

I bet the hand driers in the gents toilets on the Riverside are still the same useless ones.

Venky Rovers don't give a toss about the fans.

Not just the Riverside mate. BE too and presumably the rest.

9 hours ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

The club are obviously embarrassed and that's why they've issued a statement. They also clearly have the staff to rectify the problem if it's going to be done in the next few days. 

There is no defence for it. It's unprofessional and speaks volumes for the lack of respect and pride the people running the show have for the club. 

Imagine a prospective signing turning up at that shit heap. 

What was the statement out of interest? 

11 hours ago, HowieFive0 said:

Walker Fame  wall a different kettle of fish ..a lot of memorial bricks there  placed by family and friends and should be treated like wise . Completely agree. 

As for not bothering me ..as I said ..come Match Day hopefully upto some sort of reasonable state.Why spend money on general up keep  until the paying public rock up ..

The secret of good maintenance is to keep on in top of things in a schedule and not letting them get into such a state. And it's not just this summer when Ewood has been neglected. It has been getting grubbier and unkempt over a lot longer period.

There weren't any pictures of the memorial garden but I'd be surprised if that isn't in poor condition.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, arbitro said:

The secret of good maintenance is to keep on in top of things in a schedule and not letting them get into such a state. And it's not just this summer when Ewood has been neglected. It has been getting grubbier and unkempt over a lot longer period.

There weren't any pictures of the memorial garden but I'd be surprised if that isn't in poor condition.

On the face of it it’s only weeds, litter and a shabby looking stadium. Not a big deal right. But for me these little old weeds are symptomatic of everything wrong at the club. 

The fact is no one based at ewood from Waggott to the cleaner thought what a bloody mess I’ll take the initiative with some weed killer and a broom. As most fans I know feel there’s no standards or pride at the club and that culture starts at very top in India.

So although its only weeds and litter I think if we can’t get basic housekeeping right how can we get the bigger issues right. Of course history tells us we don’t. 

• Like 3

Aren't the weeds and beer bottles outside of the Ewood Park footprint?

They're taken at the back of the houses in between the backyards and the fence, isn't that council land?

The point still stands regardless, the place looks shabby.