BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The State of Ewood Park!

9 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

He did.

hes probably sacked half a dozen people who usually do it due to the unforeseen circumstances with COVID. Has to justify his wage somehow

Many a true word is spoken in jest.

Read some of the comments on here by Airman Brown...

https://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/80230/steve-waggott-appointed-chief-executive-of-blackburn

Clubs need an official to cross the i's and dot the t's on league paperwork etc plus here the Manager virtually runs the show so it's a drain on his time. So they tell the V's w really need an experienced intermediate and we know just the guy who we can work with.

In he comes then does his stuff taking a bit of pressure off the gaffer, rest of the time he has to find stuff to justify his job. If takings at ground level continue to all but disappear his position will surely come under scrutiny. Hence price rises and Swaggot taxes, imo he's looking for ways to pay for himself.

Still we did need a CEO of some sort we did do for ages so he might be worth being around although it's very debatable what he's actually brought to the party.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 1

On 21/08/2020 at 16:49, RevidgeBlue said:

The neglect of Eeood Park isn't really a new issue, John William's used to comment quite frequently ten years or more ago at the Fans Forum that ground maintenance issues had been deliberately overlooked in an attempt to maximise the playing budget.

This seems to be taking it to a whole new level. though.Shocking really when things like the weeds could be so quickly and cheaply sorted out. Great idea to send the  pictures to the owners who Iimagine would be appalled.

Do you really think the owners care? 

I doubt they'd even see the photos. 

There's been noises coming out of the club about how this is a critical time for rovers. 

How much longer are they going to carry on throwing money away on the club? 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, broadsword said:

There's been noises coming out of the club about how this is a critical time for rovers. 

I have been thinking the same but even more during the last few months. With their intermediary still missing in action they are relying on Swag and Cheston to keep them informed and I wouldn't trust that pair to make a jelly.

Something will have to give.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, broadsword said:

As long as there is spare profits and it suits their company portfolio to 'lose' it through the books.

1 hour ago, arbitro said:

I have been thinking the same but even more during the last few months. With their intermediary still missing in action they are relying on Swag and Cheston to keep them informed and I wouldn't trust that pair to make a jelly.

Something will have to give.

The brief looks to have changed. In every interview Mowbray or Waggott will still praise the owners, but they now seem to be highlighting the “difficulties“ they are apparently facing. 

There’s a definite shift.

• Like 2

Just now, Miller11 said:

The brief looks to have changed. In every interview Mowbray or Waggott will still praise the owners, but they now seem to be highlighting the “difficulties“ they are apparently facing. 

There’s a definite shift.

I think a lot of it is self preservation. Please keep me in my £300k job even though I’ve achieved nothing. Swag has nothing to fall back on to say look what I’ve done so the only thing he can do is suck up to the owners. 

• Like 3

16 hours ago, unleaded said:

Waggot Needs Sacking for letting the stadium Jack built get in a state Like that.. 

Wake Up and run the club properly.... 

They have had 10 years to run the club properly and haven't as and when Steve leaves or retires, whose to say someone else better will fill the role or will it be added to Suhails brief either way we aren't going to get a dynamic appointment 

23 hours ago, PeteJD13 said:

They have had 10 years to run the club properly and haven't as and when Steve leaves or retires, whose to say someone else better will fill the role or will it be added to Suhails brief either way we aren't going to get a dynamic appointment 

When Steve retires we should look at ex employees of Coventry and Middlesbrough because I'd wager that's where his successor will be selected from.

Then again they might just not bother with a CEO like they did before Waggott.

On the basis nobody is going into the ground, I'd save the pennies for a thorough spring clean just before fans are admitted again... whenever it is.

Essential maintenance only for the time being.

I wish I had confidence that this is what will happen....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

When Steve retires we should look at ex employees of Coventry and Middlesbrough because I'd wager that's where his successor will be selected from.

Then again they might just not bother with a CEO like they did before Waggott.

absolutely right it will either be another of Tonys mates or i'm sure HSH will suggest someone

The Rovers Trust(and myself) was getting a bit of stick on Twitter last night about this!

Personally, I have been on to Steve W. about the general state of Ewood at floor level AND that the Club Shop was not opened.

Immediately work was done on the weeds. Additionally I wrote to a Blackburn with Darwen Senior Councillor about the alleyway at the back of Bolton Road.

The critical point is end of October, when the furlough stops and the Rovers have to make financial decisions now that  the fans are still not back.

I know that the Club Shop may re-open soon, but surely if  the Club may have to make staff redundant its a 'tricky' decision as to whether you spend money on maintenance or long-serving staff.

Now I agree on the state of the Blackburn End and bow to people who have seen it for themselves. Will go myself on friday morning to take a look and then lobby the CEO.

The Trust is also taking comments on the 'botched' Season-Ticket sales operation. I have had 15 comments so far....if you have constructive views email me on chair@roverstrust.co.uk.  But like you I am just an ordinary supporter/season-ticket holder.!!

• Like 9

Made a special trip to the Ground this morning to check on the state, afore any comments to Steve Waggott.

3 points:

- everything was shut and locked but it still looked tidy and clean

-signage and all entrances were ready , presumably for the Cardiff City home match

-the problem seems to be that after 25 years the Cladding on the Blackburn End(as per pictures above) is looking faded and blotchy. Probably needs to come off and either be resprayed or replaced. Looks a £100k job to me. That is maybe 3 staff jobs.

No one was around but 25 staff cars in the car park. My conclusion was that ,after 7 months, its not able to be a functioning football club and therefore  because the infrastructure is quite extensive it looks pretty desolate. Even so the general state looked okay.

I wonder what other Clubs look like....Burnley Club Shop is open.

That’s because the disgraceful weed infested Blackburn End area was cleaned up after they were shamed into action by the LT and LancsLive spilling the beans after pictures ended up across social media.

I wager it wouldn’t have been touched otherwise, but you go give Steve a pat on the back for his sterling efforts.

(I must go and check if there’s still an annual PayPal being paid out that I can cancel)

Edited by Mattyblue