BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The State of Ewood Park!

14 minutes ago, Ben Frost said:

I think that the Bolton Road residents who park their cars in that area should look after their own back yards. I don't expect my neighbours to clean up my parking spot ?‍♂️ 

So if you lived in say  a terraced house on a Public street which was littered with rubbish outside your house, you wouldn't tidy it up a bit?

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Well it should people's responsibility to not drop rubbish in the 1st place and council should have sorted already since it's not Rovers land 

Obviously in a perfect world, but litter does get about sadly, and you think the club would have a little more pride rather than shrugging their shoulders and saying "not our problem." 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

So if you lived in say  a terraced house on a Public street which was littered with rubbish outside your house, you wouldn't tidy it up a bit?

I don’t think BRFC should be getting grief for anything on the left of that fence. Because yes, I absolutely would tidy my own back yard, and would never expect the neighbour from the right hand side of the fence to ferret around my parking space clearing my rubbish up! 

_20201013_231614.JPG

4 minutes ago, Ben Frost said:

I don’t think BRFC should be getting grief for anything on the left of that fence. Because yes, I absolutely would tidy my own back yard, and would never expect the neighbour from the right hand side of the fence to ferret around my parking space clearing my rubbish up! 

_20201013_231614.JPG

I note you ignored my question completely!

Bits of Rubbish piled up against the perimeter of Ewood Park might technically  not be Rovers responsibility but it's poor not to tidy it up regardless.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I note you ignored my question completely!

Bits of Rubbish piled up against the perimeter of Ewood Park might technically  not be Rovers responsibility but it's poor not to tidy it up regardless.

Exactly, it's the main entrance to the stadium. Any company with any pride should want the best first impressions to be made on any visitor, whoever they are.

The excuses offered make it even worse and border on pathetic. As Mercer said, just get it bloody sorted.

• Like 6

IMO, a can't be arsed attitude prevails at Ewood.

IMO, a rocket up several arses needed.  Better still, sack, IMO, the bunch of can't be arsed / lazy b@st@rds and appoint folk with real pride in the club and its community.

11 minutes ago, Mercer said:

IMO, a can't be arsed attitude prevails at Ewood.

Hard to disagree.

With the season four games in, we still haven't opened the Club shop have we? I note Swag was reluctantly talking on that podcast about opening it up for "a couple of days a week" until Christmas.

The cost saving between having it open and not must be absolutely negligible, a bit of electricity, but yet again it's about showing pride in your Club and demonstrating a presence, that you're still here, open for business and ready to help people out with what they require if needed.

Edited by RevidgeBlue

57 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Obviously in a perfect world, but litter does get about sadly, and you think the club would have a little more pride rather than shrugging their shoulders and saying "not our problem." 

Of course the club got pride but it isnt on Rovers land so why is it Rovers problem? It's a Blackburn with Darwen council so go and complain at them. Did you send an email about it to them? That's why we pay council tax for isnt it?

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Of course the club got pride but it isnt on Rovers land so why is it Rovers problem? It's a Blackburn with Darwen council so go and complain at them. Did you send an email about it to them? That's why we pay council tax for isnt it?

No, and ultimately it might not be their direct responsibility, but youd think that they would be perturbed to see the current state especially having received complaints. For what its worth, and for their own sense of pride, id expect them to clean it up.

Again, I find it strange to see anyone defending the clubs continued lack of pride under these owners. But there you go.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Come on chaddy, you need to be a bit realistic on this, the Council might act if a mountain of  rubbish ten feet high was suddenly dumped overnight against the perimeter fencing but they aren't going to keep coming down on a regular basis  to clear bits of debris the Club could easily tidy up.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

No, and ultimately it might not be their direct responsibility, but youd think that they would be perturbed to see the current state especially having received complaints. For what its worth, and for their own sense of pride, id expect them to clean it up.

Again, I find it strange to see anyone defending the clubs continued lack of pride under these owners. But there you go.

Did you send any emails to Rovers or council complaining about the mess? 

You complain about anything you can about the club these days

1 hour ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Come on chaddy, you need to be a bit realistic on this, the Council might act if a mountain of  rubbish ten feet high was suddenly dumped overnight against the perimeter fencing but they aren't going to keep coming down on a regular basis  to clear bits of debris the Club could easily tidy up.

The council has been working so they should be doing their jobs otherwise what the point in pa

4 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Or - like most of us (clearly not everyone though...) - he just wants his club to be the best it possibly can on and off the pitch. Which includes the stadium (the face of the club) not looking like a tip. 

• Like 5

19 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Reply from Rovers regarding my email I sent on Saturday

Thank you for your email and pictures.  Just to inform you that we are currently looking into this.  We believe that the back alley is not our responsibility, however the parking bay area is possibly ours. 

We will do our best to ensure our areas are cleaned/tidied in the very near future.  

Kind regards

Gary Cowell

Operations Works Manager

“Yes, it looks like shit and it reflects badly on the club because of its location but it’s not our problem”. Nice one Gary.

It makes no difference whose land it is, for the pittance it would cost to remove it should just be taken care of.

Everything... and I mean everything... under this lot is about cost and not about attracting new business.

If this were a community club, without rich owners, fans would rally round and help. But with an attitude from the club like this and no inclination to work with fans other than guilt, who would we be doing it for? In any case, they’d probably clamp the people doing it once they’ve parked up.

Get it cleaned and add the tiny sum to the bill for Venkys to make up.

Even a corner shop owner with any pride would sweep the public footpath on their doorstep.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Even a corner shop owner with any pride would sweep the public footpath on their doorstep.

That's the key Stuart.

I can't believe certain posters are so set in their ways of defending everything the Club does that they're also defending them on this.

No - one expects the Club to clean up Ewood on the Council's behalf. They just need to tidy up any debris next to the perimeter fencing.

• Like 5

40 minutes ago, arbitro said:

One word.

PRIDE.

Exactly, I live facing a big common. It can get full of wind blown rubbish. Every week or so Mrs Shoelaces and myself spend 3/4hr walking over it picking up bottles, can's, chip papers etc. Sometimes another bloke does it. The council provided us with strong rubbish sacks and a plastic hoop to hold the sacks open. When we've done we leave the sacks by a council rubbish bin and council workmen take them away. How hard is it, especially nowadays when we've got time on our hands ?

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Exactly, I live facing a big common. It can get full of wind blown rubbish. Every week or so Mrs Shoelaces and myself spend 3/4hr walking over it picking up bottles, can's, chip papers etc. Sometimes another bloke does it. The council provided us with strong rubbish sacks and a plastic hoop to hold the sacks open. When we've done we leave the sacks by a council rubbish bin and council workmen take them away. How hard is it, especially nowadays when we've got time on our hands ?

Similarly weeds grow on the pavement outside my house, technically not my property but I remove them regularly. It's about pride and standards particularly when you are in the public eye.

And as you say Tyrone it costs nowt.

9 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Did you send any emails to Rovers or council complaining about the mess? 

The council has been working so they should be doing their jobs otherwise what the point in pa

You're a walking contradiction Chaddy! You complain that people are complaining about the club and then ask if they've sent emails to the club or council complaining about the mess! :blink:

• Like 1