BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The State of Ewood Park!

4 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

‘Founder Members Accrington Stanley’ is often trotted out, so no surprises they’ve got that wrong.

Yes THEY got it wrong. I certainly didn't! Would be rather pedantic to send him a correction on Twitter though I suppose.

Edited by Vinjay

• 1 month later...

Tom - the cleaning of panelling was authorised on 1st December as per the Fans Forum minute that day: -

a)    Ewood Park Maintenance and Appearance

JW asked whether any further progress had been made with the maintenance work required at Ewood Park. MC replied that he had that day authorised work on cleaning the moss from the panelling, but that the current financial position meant that the club had to be constantly careful of expenditure.

• Like 1

It's the state of the pitch that we need to discuss now, even the players and management are complaining.

Is there any solution mid-season or is it just going to get worse?

How and when did this start to happen? Stops us playing our game.

3 hours ago, S8 & Blue said:

It's the state of the pitch that we need to discuss now, even the players and management are complaining.

It started to happen when Venkys took over. They authorise all expenditure from India with no understanding of football.

So since then it has been a case of make do and mend every summer, working on a very limited budget. The Venky bean counters just see costs and overheads and not the longer term consequences of a lack of investment.

Ewood has become a ground and pitch falling quickly behind rivals.

You compare then to clubs like Sheffield Wednesday- the first thing their owner did was spend 6 figures installing a Desso pitch at Hillsborough and it looks the business.

No room in this game for corner cutting.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, S8 & Blue said:

First off it does piss down virtually all the time these days so that won't help.

For me though it started when we dropped out the Prem because i seem to recall there was a rule in place the pitch had to be completely re done every few years. Turf, foundations and the lot.

Obviously that cost several hundred grand but Prem income covered it and maybe there was a grant towards it as well or something. Since we came down and the idiotic penny pinching began at ground level (literally) started by Shagnew i think virtually every season it just gets reseeded in the summer.

That would mostly be just the top layers scraped off cultivated, reseeded then the rest when it's growing.

Somebody else will probably know better i'm just going off bits in the local rag years ago. Looks like it needs a complete overhaul by now with drains done and proper new turf.

It happened when they sacked the groundsman back in the 'dark days'. Didn't he end up at PSG too? Or at least looking after the Stad de France?

At the end of the day the ground and the pitch are reflective of the ownership. Not bothered, half a job, sticking plasters over big cracks and hoping one day the promised land will save us from having to dig into pockets.

Why own a football club? You knew what you was buying. It is a huge overhead that you signed up for - have the bollocks and live up to your responsibilities. 

• Like 5

• 4 weeks later...
On 09/01/2021 at 18:40, Cherry Blue said:

Pitch looked well run down today. Heard they've been training on it which won't help. Looks like remaining games will be on sand.

And Venkys said they would uphold and respect Jack Walker's legacy. 

• Like 3

Slightly off topic but if anyone follows Andy Holt on Twitter I noticed that someone had donated a Rovers season ticket from 1891 to him and he is going to be putting it in their display cabinets when the ground is reopen.

Not sure why such things are ending up on display at Accy Stanley rather than at Ewood but kind of sums things up.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, JHRover said:

Slightly off topic but if anyone follows Andy Holt on Twitter I noticed that someone had donated a Rovers season ticket from 1891 to him and he is going to be putting it in their display cabinets when the ground is reopen.

Not sure why such things are ending up on display at Accy Stanley rather than at Ewood but kind of sums things up.

Does the club even still have a historian/archivist?

Always strikes me when a player from the 60s/70s passes away and there’s a Tweet saying ‘the club is saddened...’

Who at the club is? Who is still left in the hierarchy with any connection to the area or a pre Venky time?