BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The State of Ewood Park!

1 hour ago, mhead said:

-the problem seems to be that after 25 years the Cladding on the Blackburn End(as per pictures above) is looking faded and blotchy. Probably needs to come off and either be resprayed or replaced. Looks a £100k job to me. That is maybe 3 staff jobs.

Or we could sack waggott replace him with 6 normal staff and get the cladding done with the change.

But as we all know if there was to only be one employed person left at the club swag would make sure it was him.

Plus why does any money spent off the pitch automatically mean it’s at the expense of a person. Billionaire owners + their baby !!! 

Edited by matt83
  • Like 7

On 09/10/2020 at 13:12, mhead said:

Made a special trip to the Ground this morning to check on the state, afore any comments to Steve Waggott.

3 points:

- everything was shut and locked but it still looked tidy and clean

-signage and all entrances were ready , presumably for the Cardiff City home match

-the problem seems to be that after 25 years the Cladding on the Blackburn End(as per pictures above) is looking faded and blotchy. Probably needs to come off and either be resprayed or replaced. Looks a £100k job to me. That is maybe 3 staff jobs.

No one was around but 25 staff cars in the car park. My conclusion was that ,after 7 months, its not able to be a functioning football club and therefore  because the infrastructure is quite extensive it looks pretty desolate. Even so the general state looked okay.

I wonder what other Clubs look like....Burnley Club Shop is open.

Should never have got in the state that it may cost people jobs in order to maintain it, its been on the slide since this lot walked through the door. Trouble is those running it are too spineless to step up and tell them it needs doing, probably because they fear any cost cutting in order to put towards it might be at their expense.

How much is the pointless middleman messenger boy on ?   How much did they waste moving the tv gantry across to the riverside just to appease the viewers in Pune ?  How much did Waggot spend on the lounges etc ?

Venkys own the building it should come straight out of their pockets.

• Like 2

I was in the ewood area earlier. I strongly disagree with mheads assessment above that the ground looked “tidy and clean”. Everyone has their own personal standards of course but I think the ground looks absolutely disgusting. 

90% of it seems to be superficial as well. The green stuff on the panels looks like it’s just a decades worth of untouched grime. Could probably hire a cherry picker for £200 a day and a bloke with a bucket of soapy water and a sponge and would make a huge difference. Pretty much every metal fence and gate needs a lick of some sort of galvanised metal paint. £20-30 a tub from b&q probably. The weeds outside the Bburn end seem to have been killed for now but there’s still loads of rubbish on that alley way. Clearly a portion of the blame goes to the scruffy bastards dumping it there but I think it sums up the clubs mantra. “Nowt to do with us (debatable). Let’s do the minimum we think we’ll get away with”. 

5EE65D60-0197-4959-8A90-B9F45F8EE554.jpeg

984AB96F-EC0A-468C-A0FB-6F1813E78DDB.jpeg

B5417E2B-8C9D-456C-9C16-B4B72A093416.jpeg

A9EA19BF-B2CF-4F65-8231-796DD844D9B0.jpeg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

Do you have a pavement outside your house? Or an alleyway behind it?

If so would you be happy to allow rubbish, weeds and whatever else to pile up on it making your house look like a dump and do nothing because it isn't on your property?

Or would you show some pride and civic responsibility and either get someone to shift it or move it yourself?  

I'd be embarrassed to be honest.

I also know that if I were a potential sponsor, investor etc. considering whether to put my money into the club I'd want to take guests without walking through filth and rubbish on adjoining properties.

Its the little things in life. Having some pride in our home and the impression people get from it is important. Excuses matter not.

Yes I have an pavement outside my house. The council road sweeper comes down my street and sweep the street and pick up the rubbish, But within all fairness JH our street is clean and tidy all the time, Thats down to neighbours on the streets not drinking and dropping empty beer cans in the streets. But it comes down to people taking pride in their streets they live in. Not dumping rubbished in their streets. 

The rubbish isn't on Rovers property as its not on the stadium grounds. If you are that bothered about it emailed the Blackburn with Darwen council leaders complaining about the rubbish near the stadium. Its their responsible surely? Blimey I will email them complaining about it tonight. Have you sent any emails to the Rovers club management or to Blackburn with Darwen council then?

Edited by chaddyrovers

The nonsense and hypocrisy Chaddy comes out with to defend the indefensible.

I live on a main road, I wouldn’t dream of waiting for a council road sweeper to clean up my immediate surroundings.

He is the first to talk about ‘personal responsibility’ on the politics threads and now he’s gone all statist.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 4

At least there’s no away fans about.

It matters to me how we are perceived in the wider world of football. I have pride in the team and who we are and our historic home being left to rack and ruin pisses me off no end.

It’s so simple and cheap to sort that it just exposes the chronic lack of care and competence at the very highest level of the club.

I have defended Waggott a lot. I know what goes into a career at an executive level - how you are always the fall guy for difficult decisions and none of your everyday good work is seen.

But if he walks into work every day past that unacceptable mess and doesn’t think it needs sorting then he needs fucking therapy.

• Like 6

13 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Also emailed Steve Waggott and Lynsey Talbot tonight about the rubbish outside the ground. 

Good work Chads

I expect it will eventually land on local fans to pick up the slack - but it really shouldn’t come to this.

Keep your shop fronts immaculate - business 101.

Edited by S8 & Blue
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, Sparks Rover said:

A full on clean everywhere will cost at least £50k, they've let it get too much.. the facades need a complete clean and thats not a cheap job, I dread to think about the inside.

It’s maintenance. You budget for it, or you should do. The club will spend multiple hundreds of thousands on PR and marketing but then neglect this?

It all plays a part.

It’s just so nonsensical. You could make a real difference to Ewood for a couple of grand. Just do SOMETHING. Be seen to do SOMETHING.

Ideally you would employ staff and management teams that would tackle weeds and litter outside their workplace themselves without being told.

I let a lot wash with being a dyed in the wool happy-clapper... But a lack of standards at the stadium and at workplaces in general is usually a very worrying red flag.

When I’m CEO lads, I’ll be cleaning it up meself for the cynical PR brownie points ?

But also because I have a basic level of self respect.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

But if people have problem then email or send letter about it. 

Did you email about the state of the stadium exterior itself as well Chaddy? 

Are you able to give out the email address? More people that complain the more chance something Might get done? Cheers

I think the stadium and surround is looking very shabby and potential issues with the pitch have been flagged by other posters.  Perception is so key for those fans, sponsors and corporate businesses etc whose support Rovers look for.

There should be a budget each year for maintenance which is 'untouchable'.  For context, 'half the annual wages' cost of a Smallwood' over the ten years (circa £1.5million) of Venky's ownership would have gone a long, long way in preventing the issues we are talking about here.   

IMO, it's simply inexcusable.  I think It's so, so galling when you look at the tens of £thousands wasted on unnecessarily extending contracts for Smallwood and Hart etc or the £1million+ wasted on Mulgrew's crass contract.

IMO, this is what happens when you have senior management who are simply not up to it and the buck should stop with messrs Mowbray and Waggott.

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 3

11 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Also emailed Steve Waggott and Lynsey Talbot tonight about the rubbish outside the ground. 

Fair play but it really shouldn’t need highlighting AGAIN. Particularly not for a second time in as many months after they acknowledged there was a problem and it was unacceptable. It’s a simple as there’s nobody at the club that has any standards. That will not change without draining the swamp.  

8 hours ago, Prelude said:

Did you email about the state of the stadium exterior itself as well Chaddy? 

Are you able to give out the email address? More people that complain the more chance something Might get done? Cheers

I emailed Enquiries@rovers.co.uk about it but who it goes to is anyone’s guess. 

Edited by matt83
  • Like 1