BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The State of Ewood Park!

43 minutes ago, matt83 said:

Fair play but it really shouldn’t need highlighting AGAIN. Particularly not for a second time in as many months after they acknowledged there was a problem and it was unacceptable. It’s a simple as there’s nobody at the club that has any standards. That will not change without draining the swamp.  

I emailed Enquiries@rovers.co.uk about it but who it goes to is anyone’s guess. 

I've had them on for months asking me to spend money corporate...

Just sent the guy a right volley about the state of the grounds and how are businesses expected to part with their cash when we can't upkeep the area.  Hope to get a response.

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

I've had them on for months asking me to spend money corporate...

Just sent the guy a right volley about the state of the grounds and how are businesses expected to part with their cash when we can't upkeep the area.  Hope to get a response.

If and when people are allowed back in and thinking of “entertaining” clients what impressions will that give. Thanks for your business I’ve taken you to the largest rubbish dump in Lancashire. 

Perhaps could make a feature of it on the ground tours. This plate is what we were awarded for 3 consecutive fa cups. Now follow me to the pile of beer cans and discarded vehicle parts.

Or directions for away fans. Join the M65 and exit at junction 4, join the A666 and head towards Blackburn. If you hit the pile of pushchairs you’ve gone too far. 

Edited by matt83
  • Like 5

Reply from Blackburn with Darwen council 

Thank you for your report for an area to be swept. Your reference for this request is 1915407.

We will check the relevant rota to see when this area is to be visited next.

We will notify you by email with an update on your report within the next 7 days.

• Like 1

• Backroom

So sorry to link to this hellhole of a site but I noticed the ugly blokes down the road have opened a ‘trophy room’ restaurant

https://www.burnleyfootballclub.com/content/trophy-room-now-taking-october-bookings

the idea seems simple enough, like a Hard Rock Cafe for the club, a mini museum while you eat with memorabilia from years gone by 

If them lot can do it then we could have a field day with a shiny premier league trophy as the centre piece!

9 hours ago, Tom said:

So sorry to link to this hellhole of a site but I noticed the ugly blokes down the road have opened a ‘trophy room’ restaurant

https://www.burnleyfootballclub.com/content/trophy-room-now-taking-october-bookings

the idea seems simple enough, like a Hard Rock Cafe for the club, a mini museum while you eat with memorabilia from years gone by 

If them lot can do it then we could have a field day with a shiny premier league trophy as the centre piece!

I think you’ll find that the Trophy Room Restaurant at t’Turf is just a Burger van with a silver plated teapot on the counter.

• Like 4

Reply from Rovers regarding my email I sent on Saturday

Thank you for your email and pictures.  Just to inform you that we are currently looking into this.  We believe that the back alley is not our responsibility, however the parking bay area is possibly ours. 

We will do our best to ensure our areas are cleaned/tidied in the very near future.  

Kind regards

Gary Cowell

Operations Works Manager

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

Hope they select the right colour of blue for the bridge. Apparently they will be discussing with Rovers which shade of blue is the correct one. Will anyone at Rovers know the answer to that?

I doubt it. The bridge will finish up sky blue as per Coventry and Manchester City.

I sent them this picture and this was the reply I got back.?

Dear Ollie

The Stadium photo you have posted was taken during the lockdown when all staff were furloughed.

Since then a few maintenance staff have returned to work and the stadium is now weed free.

Thank you for your concern.

Kind regards

Juliana

IMG_20201003_140527.jpg

2 hours ago, JHRover said:

Hope they select the right colour of blue for the bridge. Apparently they will be discussing with Rovers which shade of blue is the correct one. Will anyone at Rovers know the answer to that?

They will but they'll have to ask the paymasters for permission first. They'll probably end up choosing their favourite shade, along with a nice donation to the council christmas party fund.

20 hours ago, Tom said:

The advantage they have is that it's very easy to socially distance their trophies.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Prelude said:

I sent them this picture and this was the reply I got back.?

Dear Ollie

The Stadium photo you have posted was taken during the lockdown when all staff were furloughed.

Since then a few maintenance staff have returned to work and the stadium is now weed free.

Thank you for your concern.

Kind regards

Juliana

IMG_20201003_140527.jpg

Juliana? 

Did it say which department Juliana work for within the club?

10 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Reply from Rovers regarding my email I sent on Saturday

Thank you for your email and pictures.  Just to inform you that we are currently looking into this.  We believe that the back alley is not our responsibility, however the parking bay area is possibly ours. 

We will do our best to ensure our areas are cleaned/tidied in the very near future.  

Kind regards

Gary Cowell

Operations Works Manager

IMO, pathetic.  Reflects badly on the club and it would take one person an hour to sort it.  Just feckin do it!

Don't think he knows arse from elbow.

Think Jack would have fired Cowell on the spot for such an email.

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Mercer said:

IMO, pathetic.  Reflects badly on the club and it would take one person an hour to sort it.  Just feckin do it!

I think that the Bolton Road residents who park their cars in that area should look after their own back yards. I don't expect my neighbours to clean up my parking spot ?‍♂️ 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Well it should people's responsibility to not drop rubbish in the 1st place and council should have sorted already since it's not Rovers land